Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships

I totally get where you're coming from... But them remaining 15th should tell us that there's no way they'll overtake C/J.
I do believe P/C have a huge potential, and I'd have loved to see them in Sochi, but C/J's Swan Lake is actually pretty good for them...

Yeah, I think both of C/J's programs are good this season. And it's not like there's an eville conspiracy against P/C. They need to work very hard on the technical side (and I am not sure Zazoui and Hagenauer are the best coaches for that even if I love their style and choreo). They are young and hopefully will be top 5 in the world in 4 years.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think both of C/J's programs are good this season. And it's not like there's an eville conspiracy against P/C. They need to work very hard on the technical side (and I am not sure Zazoui and Hagenauer are the best coaches for that even if I love their style and choreo). They are young and hopefully will be top 5 in the world in 4 years.

Well, Dear Didier is doing everything in his power to set them apart from their coaches. We'll wait and see.

Well, Dear Didier is doing everything in his power to set them apart from their coaches. We'll wait and see.

I wonder who he wants them to move to. Shpilband? He would be great in terms of working on their elements but they have a fantastic style and the LAST thing I want for them is bland Shpilband choreo.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I'm not a fan of Julia ZLOBINA/Alexei SITNIKOV, but I have to hand it to them, they often have music I really like: Pina this year, and their funny Borat from last season!

OK, now I really hope for some great performance and great marks for the dork ;)

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I wonder who he wants them to move to. Shpilband? He would be great in terms of working on their elements but they have a fantastic style and the LAST thing I want for them is bland Shpilband choreo.

I think he wants them to go to Shpilband, too. And yes, P/C's strenght is their unique style... but they're so young. If they go to him, I guess they can't do as P/B do, decide their programs themselves and then get technical advice. It would be a shame to see Gabriella and Guillaume skate to generic stuff.

I think Zhiganshina/Gazsi's FD fell flat. Great character at the start and end but empty in the middle (Averbukh's choreo for Lipnitskaia has the same problem), not a lot of transitions. Elements were ok (although twizzles a bit off as usual).

Z/G 3rd on TES so far but leading thank to highest PCS.

Frenchie

Medalist
the good thing with Z/G's twizzles is: you never need slow-motions! ;) (boy, they even get slower over the years...)
that last lift looked really long, and I thought there was a turn missing... but I might have just thought that up ;)
yeah, it's not as funny as their SD... would it "break the concept" to go back to their last year's zombie FD?
(I'm shocked how many skaters I'd love to see go back to an old program for Sochi! :eek:: )

Shakira/Stagniunas sold the program well as usual with a lot of emotional involvement but it was a typically bland and generic Shpilband choreography. *yawn* A lot of skating side-by-side and apart as well.

Both Z/G and T/S benefitted a lot from the post-zamboni PCS bump, I think (or their past reputation). ;)

Florencito

Medalist
I think that Z/G's issue is that the fd is too long for a concept they've already used in the sd, I got bored after the first 1-2 minutes.

I fear H/D will remain 11th :no:

Gazsi joined the Sport 2 commentating booth, I think? He is completely fluent in Russian and has hardly any German accent! :) (ETA: I wait, it's Sinitsyn, I think :p)

Zlobina/Sitnikov skated ok, Shpilband helped them a lot on the elements. Last twizzle set was off-synch though. Program was a bit bland, their over-the-top expression wasn't drawn out enough, IMO.

Florencito

Medalist
I'm kinda disappointed with Z/S. Two years ago thay had an amazing fd, I had high expectations for them. These programs are just too bland.

Frenchie

Medalist
none of you are watching b-esp via stream?

I don't understand how Guignard/Fabbri end up scoring so well. Their basic skating is not very strong, their upper body movement seems a bit wooden and even if they hit the levels, I just don't see enough quality in their skating, overall.

Frenchie

Medalist
- Lloyd Jones liking twizzles does not. As Yoda would say.
Ziggy: fall count: 1. so far, 10 to go ;)

edit:
TES
for Papadakis/Cizeron: 37.79
for Carron/Jones 37.31
OK. :thumbsup:
PCS
for Papadakis/Cizeron: 40.45
for Carron/Jones 42.63
NOT OK. :disagree:

Florencito

Medalist
Meh. This program has nice elements, but the overall impressione is not that good.
Anyway, 2nd group was WAY better than 3rd.

I am sorry, it's all my fault. :p

The fall on the step sequence aside, Carron/Jones seemed tense throughout and lacked speed and flow. A very substandard performance.