14 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA
15 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES FRA

Warm-Up Group 4
16 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR
17 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA
18 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO RUS
19 Victoria SINITSINA / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN RUS
20 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS

Plutowska/Gerber have a beautiful FD with some very impressive lifts and I hope they can pull up a little bit.

Hurtado/Diaz have a unique, original, stunning FD which is one of the best programs of the season IMO. It would be fantastic if they could make the top 10 (especially considering Spain has a second ID team).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Plutowska/Gerber have a beautiful FD with some very impressive lifts and I hope they can pull up a little bit.

Hurtado/Diaz have a unique, original, stunning FD which is one of the best programs of the season IMO. It would be fantastic if they could make the top 10 (especially considering Spain has a second ID team).

I thought Hurtado/Diaz had one of the better programs last year but were, alas, not rewarded adequately for it. Looking forward to seeing this year's model.

Yes, I'm hoping Coomes and Buckland hang in there for at least a bronze. I would say barring a major meltdown, I/K are a lock for a medal, but I can't say I'm at all impressed with the Russian pairs as a whole this year. And if R/T medal with their POTO piece I may just start throwing things (note to self: keep soft pillows handy, just in case).

Riazanova/Tkachenko's FD looks like it was put together in 15 minutes. I am hoping they end up no higher than 5th.

gmyers

Record Breaker
If I/K do not win this with no b/s and no p/b then there really is no alternative to finding new coach, new partners, or retirement. If they can't win this what can they win and when?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If I/K do not win this with no b/s and no p/b then there really is no alternative to finding new coach, new partners, or retirement. If they can't win this what can they win and when?

go to Zueva of Shipilband maybe ?
anyways I'd rather have S/Z go to Shipilband or Krylova

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Naive as it is, I still believe Pechalat/Bourzat can do it. I/K are prone to low levels and B/S are nowhere.

I was referring to the 3rd russian dance couple for Sochi ;)
I agree anyone but Kustarova or Zhulin

I was referring to the 3rd russian dance couple for Sochi ;)
I agree anyone but Kustarova or Zhulin

Ah yeah. Sinitsina/Zhiganshin are definitely the better choice for Sochi, I agree. R/T have had many chances and the improvement just isn't there, I am sorry to say.

Stepanova/Bukin would be my ideal pick for the 3rd Russian team at Sochi, though. ;)

It will be interesting to see the rivalry between all these teams over the next quad.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Stepanova/Bukin would be my ideal pick for the 3rd Russian team at Sochi, though. ;)

It will be interesting to see the rivalry between all these teams over the next quad.

yeah but one thing you notice is Stepnova will hold Ivan back in the future because he is the better skater, and she is so tall
unlike Z/S they are evenly matched in their skills, I'd have Yanovkaya removed from Mozgov and pair him with Stepanova as he is very tall

deedee1

Record Breaker
Please, skating gods, the Euro title for Anna/Luca and a podium finish for Coomes/Buckland, please! :bow::bow:

Alessandrini/Vaturi seem stuck. An open program, basics so-so.

Who is the shaved head guy with them in the K&C?

Lindholm/Kanervo had a similar program to P/G's. Soft movements, good flow, nicely presented. Well done. :)

Agafonova/Ucar showed some creative transitions but the execution of the program was very laboured. I had almost all of the elements on base or -1 GOE but the judges were clearly watching something else. :p