Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Julia got so beautiful in the last year!

It´s fantastic to see her so happy - she deserved to win!!!!!!!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS)

Music: Schindler's List (soundtrack) by John Williams

Red coat dress with grey skirt

3Lz+3T - e
2A - bit wonky, no +3T
FCSp
StSq
3F
2A+3T - good thinking
3Lo
3S
3Lz+2T+2T - e
LSp
ChSq - ina bauer, kerrigang-charlotte spiral
CCoSp

Great skate! Based on her TES (about 10 above Sot), she could move into gold!

FS: 71.75+68.00 = 139.75 (PB), 209.72 (PB), and into 1st (out of 22)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Julia is just amazing... no words :clap: 209.72

It's been difficult to post for a while... just for me or?

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
What an Performance - she is only 15 years.
She is so strong mentaly - it´s unbelievable!

Gratulation Julia. That was an amazing perfomance.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Excellent skate for Lipnitskaia! :clap: Good for her for the 2A+3T fix and loading the 3Z-2-2 in the second half. Well performed too. She is certainly a medal contender going into Sochi, maybe even gold if Kim and Asada falter.

Sotnikova too. Russia must be thrilled to have 2 solid ladies competitors going into Sochi. They will certainly help secure a team Gold for Russia, too.

samson

Medalist
Well Julia just laid it down. For me she doesn't have the emotional depth yet, but gosh is she talented.

Aaaaaaaaand she just scored 139+ and sailed into first. Honestly these scores make me wonder how much Euros is inflated. I would imagine it would create some good political pull for different federations to get the scores of their skaters pumped up at Euros and 4CC (if the major skaters showed up at 4CC!)

ingofan1

Rinkside
I think Gracie can beat both of these Russian girls she has better jumps and artistry than the both of them and Carolina it seems her best days are behind her she was lovely though .

Greekmango

Rinkside
Great to see great skating leading into the Olympics. I think Julia draws the crowd from that very first gaze. Suits the character, the whole story. She has what Michelle Kwan has. She's captivating. Well done!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think Gracie can beat both of these Russian girls she has better jumps and artistry than the both of them and Carolina it seems her best days are behind her she was lovely though .

If all three are clean I don't think she can beat either of them, but I guess we'll see in Sochi. Based on past history, I think 1) Julia 2)Gracie 3) Adelina is most likely (I don't mean that as a podium prediction, just as their relative placements).

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA)

Music: Europa by Jean-Pierre Danel
We Will Rock You KCPK
La Grange by Jean-Pierre Danel

Black jumpsuit with black and blue crystals

2A
3S+3T
3Lz - low landing
3F
3Lo+2T
StSq
CCoSp
3Lo - hand down/fall
2A+3T
FCCoSp
ChSq - spiral, split, spiral
LSp

Lots of jumps, she landed 7 triples and 2 double axels. Needs a lot more work on posture and presentation, though...

FS: 56.53+58.20 = 114.71 (PB), 173.37 (PB), 5th (out of 23)

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Julia is absolutely stunning! And for those saying Gracie is better artistically than Julia and Adelina, no, no and no!
I was a bit worriedwhen Julia had a mistake on the second combo but she is soo strong mentally, it is amazing!

Meite losing to Leonova because the judges gave the latter 8s in the PCS is just absolutely outrageous. God, the politics at these Euros have been really ugly.