Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Thread: Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRohmer View Post
    Do only I think that the silver medal should have gone to Kostner?

Adelina : clean SP(3T3T, 3F) + 4.7 triples LP
    Kostner : clean SP(3T3T, 3Lo) + 4 triples LP
    That doesn't tell the whole story. Kostner also fell which is a bigger mistake than a step-out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Surely I can't be the first one to say this but those gloves on Adelina are hideous. How on earth can her people make her wear those gloves?
    Probably because she got tired of cutting her hands on Beillmans and catch foot spins/spirals? Remember how many times Gracie Gold would comment on her cuts in the Kiss and Cry last season. I remember 2-3 competitions where that happened.

They aren't really hideous or extremely distracting gloves, anyways. You can barely see them.

I have a bigger issue with some of the sheer costumes she has worn, where you could basically see through them. The gloves are ignorable.

Banned
    Regarding Kostner beating Sotnikova: Only a blind person would actually think that should be the case. Kostner's programs have always been pretty bad outside of *some* of the choreography and the step sequences. Tons of telegraphs and dead space from skating into jumps. Mediocre jumping. Terrible spinning, and "kind-of" odd jump layouts.

Sotnikova is like 6/6 on Triple Flips in her last two competitions. Has she finally vanquished that demon?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Given how many skaters end up in the K&C with bloody fingers because of all the catch foot spins they do, I think it's a level-headed approach. It's almost unrecognizeable for the judges and the live audience without the zoom-ins of the camera.
    Bah... You got to it way before I did. I should have caught up on the thread backwards :-)

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32