Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pairs SP 2014 European Championships

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    A promising team for the future! Let's hope Christopher can get British citizenship by the time Pyeongchang comes around...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No chance.
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. If we leave the EU in a few years (like most people want) then I can't see a Frenchman getting citizenship any way easily.

So, he had better move quickly and start filling out the forms now!

CaroLiza_fan

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Still, if they love each other deeply, I think everything is all right
    You're right of course
    BTW: Are Volozoshar and Morozov still a pair off the ice?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    How many for finals... 16?
    yup, 4 pairs get eliminated after the SP.

Custom Title
    Z/Z have already qualified. Happy for them! So sad my lovely country declined him Estonian citizenship, otherwise they could go to Olympics(no chance of scoring high, but still)

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. If we leave the EU in a few years (like most people want) then I can't see a Frenchman getting citizenship any way easily.
    What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with it. Boyadji is not satisfying any of the requirements for obtaining British citizenship and even if he did, it would have taken 5 years at least.

Custom Title
    Eeeeeek Don Ottavio is with the Italian commentators!
    He's praising Plushenko right now

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    Quote Originally Posted by Florencito View Post
    Eeeeeek Don Ottavio is with the Italian commentators!
    He's praising Plushenko right now
    Good grief! I'll never forget the first time I heard him speaking during 2011 Worlds. Couldn't help thinking: Is he, ehm, Lina Lamont or something? Is he really ruling this sport? No wonder his decisions don't make sense.

Custom Title
    Cinquanta just said that if "a skater" gets injured or withdraws during or after the team event, he won't be replaced in the individual event. To get the repalcement he has to withdraws before the ISU reunion on February 5th. I'm not sure I got this right, audio is kinda low and Cinquanta speaks like a 6years old, so confusing

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    Cinquanta just said that if "a skater" gets injured or withdraws during or after the team event, he won't be replaced in the individual event. To get the repalcement he has to withdraws before the ISU reunion on February 5th. I'm not sure I got this right, audio is kinda low and Cinquanta speaks like a 6years old, so confusing
    Like I just said... nonsense. But Cinquanta stated rather proudly that figure skating needs "more controversy".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bartlebooth View Post
    Good grief! I'll never forget the first time I heard him speaking during 2011 Worlds. Couldn't help thinking: Is he, ehm, Lina Lamont or something? Is he really ruling this sport? No wonder his decisions don't make sense.

Custom Title
    And now he's criticizing a junior team at their first senior event for not landing their jumps

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bartlebooth View Post
    Like I just said... nonsense. But Cinquanta stated rather proudly that figure skating needs "more controversy".
    was that what he said ?
    where's the knee whackers

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Cinquanta just said that if "a skater" gets injured or withdraws during or after the team event, he won't be replaced in the individual event. To get the repalcement he has to withdraws before the ISU reunion on February 5th.
    We have Plushenko to thank for ISU staying on top of this before some mysterious "injuries" happened.

Custom Title
    Now he's praising CAPPELLI/Lanotte

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with it. Boyadji is not satisfying any of the requirements for obtaining British citizenship and even if he did, it would have taken 5 years at least.
    But I thought there were special procedures in place for sportspeople to speed up the process and get them competing sooner.

I'm just thinking about the number of people in althletics that have competed for Team GB at the past few Olympics, but were actually foreign born. Or the number of footballers that have played for England over the years that were foreign born.

Admittedly, most of these were from former British colonies. But some, like runner Mo Farrah (Somalia) were not.

So, if Christopher does have to go through the full procedures and it takes the full 5 years, it's already too late.

Oh well! Our loss!

CaroLiza_fan

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    was that what he said ?
    where's the knee whackers
    Yes, I heard him interviewed by Italian commentators during 2011 Worlds (when he was caught on tape while mocking Takahashi's skate problems), and he was all smug and self-satisfied about Team event taking place BEFORE individual events at the Olys, because that would lead to "more controversy". I was just left speechless.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast