Who brings a drum at a skating competiotion??
Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER)
Music: Where the Light Gets In by Sennen
She's in red asymmetric "shredded" dress. He's in black w/ red right sleeve
3Tw - good height, bit tentative catch
3T - he falls
3STh - held on
Shame about the fall, he shakes his head. Bit boring program
Will all top 3 German pair retire after Olys, or is it only S/S?
SP: 29.11+24.29 -1.00 = 52.40, in 4th (out of 13)
- Volozoshar/Trankov: That's what I was wondering when I'd see them kiss after a program - I know kissing on the mouth is normal in Russia even if you're not romantically involved, but I thought they were being very intimate together - what a beautiful couple! Things must be a bit awkward with Morozov in practice... For how long are V/M not together anymore?
- Wende/Wende have already been named to the Olympic Team over Vartmann/Van Cleave
- CaroLiza_fan: are you suggesting we set up a dating thread on GS Forum?
- Sequinsgalore: yup, definitely should have skipped school
- I think I'm living in a parallel universe: S/S stumbled out of the throw 3F, but clean 3T?!? What's the vote about his new costume: better? or rather have them both in white/light blue?
DAMN! This was the first time S/S have made a mistake on the throw flip for a very very long time.
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)
Music: When Winter Comes by Chris de Burgh, arranged by Andre Rieu
She's in white/blue ombre sparkly dess. He's in semi-loose sparkly midnight blue shirt w/ matching pants (new)
3FTh - stepout, hand down
3T - solid
RLi - maybe small insecurity?
Ending a bit after music. Not their best, a couple of mistakes will let V/T take the lead by a big margin. What happened to 3ATh? I thought they were re-comitted to that (not that I think it's smart).
SP: 41.03+35.73 = 76.76, 1st (out of 14)
Shame for the throw. But did they finish after the music? My audio is low, but I wasn't hearing anything at the end.
76? Only 3 points less than that great performance in Fukuoka?
Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)
Music: The Mask (soundtrack)
She's in gold brocade dress w/ yellow fringe hem. He's in yellow pants, white shirt and black suspenders
3T - very nice, good speed
3Tw - crashy catch (her left arm)
Strong skate from the Italians, they look very pleased. I thought they lacked some flow, but great skate nonetheless...
SP: 38.17+31.05 = 69.22, in 2nd (out of 15)
That position in B/H lift is SCARY! Great performance, hope they'll hit the 70s. And please, stay ahead of B/L.
Stefania really knows how to hide her disappointment
Daria POPOVA / Bruno MASSOT (FRA)
Music: Les Aristochats by C2C
She's in black shorts, white shirt, suspenders. He's in black pants, grey vest of shirt
3Tw - nice height
3T - both falls, hers look <<
3STh - bit twofooted
Some big mistakes, she looks very disappointed
30.30+24.06-2.00 = 52.36 (SB), in 7th (out of 16)