I'm about to get Very Opinionated Here. LOL!
1. Mondo is an attention ho. I thought all of his outfits on this episode screamed Look at me! Look at me!
2. It's hard to get emotionally invested with the finale when it's so truncated. I missed the home visits. Even the All Stars Season didn't rush its finale the way UtG did.
3. Apparently the theme for this finale was Magpie. So many tacky shiny gaudy fabrics. So many ugly metallics. They had $500 per outfit to spend. Where was the expensive silks? cashmeres? Were they restricted for 50 out of 60 minutes to the metallics aisle?
4. Much as I love Shan, leather and lace is Yawn City. What is the next step after cliche? It should tell you that his best outfit by miles was his red jumpsuit, which kept the lace to the back. Though the leather/lace jacket was original and interesting. The rest screamed I Have No Inspiration So I'm Going To Try Very Very Hard And Throw Everything I Have At You And Hope You Don't Notice.
5. Asha. I go to Harlem on a regular basis. Most--in fact pretty much all--women there do not dress like Princess Metallic Tackiness. And you were a b*tch to the end.
6. What were the regular judges smoking that they praised Asha? "The next level"? I give them credit for not saying next level of what. Interesting that Heidi and NPH both thought her collection was a miss. I guess the other three refused to share what they were smoking.
7. Sam's first and last outfits were miles beyond anything else he designed the whole season. But NPH was right: there was no wow moment.
8. Oscar's 2nd and last outfits were, by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, the best looks of the whole show. That second top is gorgeous. Smart of him to pair it with a relatively simple pair of black pants.
9. I'll bet Oscar had Natalia knit that strange white cuff thingy to keep her out of his way while he worked. "No, Natalia, it's more important to make me something that will compliment the whole collection. Excuse me while I go back to the sewing room." He probably told her to knit him a sweater, but you know how bad she was at time management...
10. The judges got it right (except I'd switch Shan and Asha).
11. So glad to see Nick get the Mentor award. Such a typical Lifetime arc, though.
12. How much do you wanna bet we won't see a second season?