Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Has Russia said when they'll announce their decision re: Plushenko or Kovtun 4 Olys?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aschiutza View Post
    Which are these criteria? The russian federation has sent last years number 5 to worlds. In the past they have very often send someone to european championship and when that person didn't show good performances, they send someone else to the worlds or tehy have trials for it. Do they have now other criteria?

On which criteria was choosen Kwan for the olympic team? Where they different? Wasn't it a trial skate as well? Was this trial public or the people of Emily were there to look at it?

For me the Russian Federation doesn't show much more support for Plushenko compared to Kovtun. But if you have in your garden an multiple champion is hard to forget about him when the others doesn't bring better performances. At the end of the day, the result is what matter to them not whom it brings it. I am sure they happily would have Kovtun to bring it, as he is young and can bring medals for more years to come (while Plushenko is at the end of his career), but sadly he is not there at the moment.
    Excellent points. Criteria changes based on the skater they want to send. Kovtun swept Jrs so send him to we worlds! Lol. Based on previous seasons voronov should be Olympic selection frontrunner.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    you mean with live stream
    Yup or at least with video being taken that's posted for people to see.

Columnist
    At Budapest they said the upcoming week.

Medalist
    The advisory council of Russian federation will be made soon and the final composition of the Russian Olympic team will be named on January 23.

Source is the homepage of the Figure Skating Federation of Russia (FFKK) info was published 19.01.2014.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pororocheburashka View Post
    The advisory council of Russian federation will be made soon and the final composition of the Russian Olympic team will be named on January 23.

Source is the homepage of the Figure Skating Federation of Russia (FFKK) info was published 19.01.2014.
    The suspense is terrible! I hope it'll last.

Banned
    At this point you would have to atleast consider Voronov as well (although sadly I doubt he will be named).

Quote Originally Posted by aschiutza View Post
    Which are these criteria? The russian federation has sent last years number 5 to worlds. In the past they have very often send someone to european championship and when that person didn't show good performances, they send someone else to the worlds or tehy have trials for it. Do they have now other criteria?

On which criteria was choosen Kwan for the olympic team? Where they different? Wasn't it a trial skate as well? Was this trial public or the people of Emily were there to look at it?

For me the Russian Federation doesn't show much more support for Plushenko compared to Kovtun. But if you have in your garden an multiple champion is hard to forget about him when the others doesn't bring better performances. At the end of the day, the result is what matter to them not whom it brings it. I am sure they happily would have Kovtun to bring it, as he is young and can bring medals for more years to come (while Plushenko is at the end of his career), but sadly he is not there at the moment.

http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...716331145.html

Plushenko is without a rival, and doesn't need test skate - Tarasova

Custom Title
    Russian forums are a buzz about the test skate. While Maxim's Euros performance won't help matters, he has Tarasova in his corner. Mishin apparently lost a lot of lobbying power after Elizaveta and Artur failed to meet expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Srin Odessa View Post
    Russian forums are a buzz about the test skate. While Maxim's Euros performance won't help matters, he has Tarasova in his corner. Mishin apparently lost a lot of lobbying power after Elizaveta and Artur failed to meet expectations.
    Wich forum? FSO???

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post

http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...716331145.html

Plushenko is without a rival, and doesn't need test skate - Tarasova
    It confuses me more and more. Is she not supporting for Maxim Kovtun?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    They're stuck with Kovtun.
    I don't see why or where or how they are stuck with Kovtun - their selection process is not only nationals.

If you shoot at the king, you better not miss. Kovtun missed.

Send Plushenko.

Custom Title
    Kovtun flubbing the FS was predictable. Sure he was fine at CoR and Nationals---small stuff. He just can't seem to deliver when the pressure is on. If he couldn't handle Worlds 2013 and Euros 2014, how could he handle the Olympics?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    If you shoot at the king, you better not miss. Kovtun missed.

Send Plushenko.
    I wonder if Tarasova feels the same way.

Do they have to announce who the guy is before day one of competition? I say keep it secret until game time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast