Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: There's a petition to send Mirai to Sochi with 4,308 so far

Tripping on the Podium

Post There's a petition to send Mirai to Sochi with 4,308 so far

http://www.change.org/petitions/u-s-...agasu-to-sochi

This situation is crazy. I can't imagine what's going through Ashley's mind. 2 time U.S. Champion, helped USA earn 3 spots in Sochi, a favorite and suddenly the most important day, the day you need to hit... You fail and now 50% of nation want you out of the team and don't love you anymore.

I'm not team Ashley or team Mirai, The only thing I find really annoying is how some people point this situation to "racism" when It's pretty obvious to me they're sending Ashley because they believe She has more chances of medal. Anyway...

Without arguments... Who would you send to Sochi: Ashley or Mirai?

- Don't answer Polina out or something like that LOL girl earned her spot, She's young that She's gonna go out there so fearless because She has nothing to lose -

Custom Title
    I don't think the petition will do anything.... and isn't change.org a social justice petition site?

Tripping on the Podium
    Not sure, but I'm with you... the petition will do anything.

I really love the current team.

The petition won't make the USFSA change its mind, but it helps brings attention to the issue and shows that a lot of people are not okay with what went on. I'm not a fan of either but I feel Mirai should go and Ashley should stay home. Putting Mirai on the Worlds team would have been a minor consolation and it was such an obvious snub that they didn't.

Custom Title
    The Sochi and Worlds teams are set. A petition will change nothing.

I think Ashley should go to Sochi because of all she's done in the last couple of years, but Mirai should have got the "consolation prize" of being named to the World team.

Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I think Ashley should go to Sochi because of all she's done in the last couple of years, but Mirai should have got the "consolation prize" of being named to the World team.
    I think it is the least Mirai deserved, and yet they took Worlds away from her, talk about unfair!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yeah not putting Mirai on the World team was just so unfair

Well, I am going to say "Polina out" I know that she earned her spot, but she won't be competitive with the big girls at the Olympics... And she's so young! Sorry, but I really think that Gracie+Ashley+Mirai would be the best team right now

Custom Title
    The team is Gracie/Ashley/Polina. Take a deep breath. Accept it.

(so many threads)
    Brought over from another one...
    Has this been posted? If not read this and then read the comments. Bonus; David Lease is the political expert.
    deadspin.com/the-real-reason-ashley-wagner-made-the-u-s-olympic-fig-1502787187

Custom Title
    I don't think this helps anything and only hurts the sport which is already bleeding. Keep it up folks, we might nail the coffin. I llike Mirai and wished her the best after Vancouver; she failed to produce but look at the rules folks the rules and you can see how and why Wagner was selected - nothing to do with race or looks or anything.

I think usfs got it right. yes, many threads, and we have no say. Mirai won bronze and maybe this will lite a permanent fire. I wish her well, always. She has lovely qualities.

Tripping on the Podium
    Personally, I would have sent Ashley to Sochi and Worlds. Just like the USFSA did. Mirai hasn't done anything in the past fours years or so to deserve a spot on either team. One good week at Nationals does not nullify 3.5 years of failures. Likewise, one bad week at Nationals does not nullify 3.5 years of hard work and results. Mirai finally got it together at Nationals, unfortunately for her, it was too little too late. If you read the USFSA selection criteria, it is quite clear how and why Ashley was put on both teams. It has everything to do with Ashley's results and Mirai's lack of results.

The teams are set. It was a more-than-fair call. A petition will not change anything.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast