Is Patrick a lock for gold still? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Is Patrick a lock for gold still?

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Have to change my post. Stephane was wearing a zebra vest and blue sleeves, not dead leaves.
Stephane seemed happier than Patrick, but stood and posed quite a bit. Don't remember Patrick's from 4 years ago, I'll have to check it out.

meteorlight8

Rinkside
I still think he's a lock IF he's clean, or even near-clean. That's a big if though ... so no he's not a lock in the general sense.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Nobody can do a zebra watching snow for first time like Stephane did:love:, iconic costume too, thats why people remember his Vivaldi. Torino had the best music choices in general.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Stephane's costumes turn me off but he is a to die for skater. Switzerland's best male and one of the best men ever imo. He really has it all. We don't get to see him much over here sadly. I love his exhibitions where he can show his heart and skate the way he wants. CoP can be so limiting for true artistic skaters like Lambiel. I wonder why the swiss can spin so well? I think of the great Bielmann and Lucinda Ruh-I loved their skating. I guess those would be the top 3 I have seen the most from Switzerland. I am sure if one goes back decades there are some amazing skaters from the "olden" days, as well.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Patrick, you don't spin as well as Stephane Lambiel, so don't use the same music as he did. Go back to "Take 5" or "Phantom of the Opera" or that Spanish piece with the red shirt.

Wait, don't skate to Vivaldi because another skater has a great program to it, but skate to Phantom of the Opera or Aranjuez instead?

Do you think Chan's Vivaldi is actually a lesser program than his POTO? I love his Vivaldi (and yes, Lambiel's odd costume choice detracts me from his skate. I'll revisit "Poeta" a million more times, though)

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I don't think it's a good idea to re-do a piece of music made famous by someone in the same category fairly recently. Stephane, with his spins, showmanship and crazy costume was more memorable than deadly-serious Patrick in his deadly serious gray shirt, even if Patrick did more intricate transitions or whatever. The Phantom suited him better, as did Take Five. Also, I can't think of any man who did those programs just a few years before, although if one did, I'll learn about it here!:laugh: