Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Can Lipnitskaya close the gap on Mao & Kim in time for the Olympics?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    What if I hyperlinked Mao's Japan nationals skate? Would that prove anything?
    it won't...but if you hyperlink all her grand prix championship gold medal performances and world championship gold medal performances and her vancouver 3Xtriple axel performances definitely it will prove alot

Custom Title
    Umm...it's not that big of a deal. Yeah, Julia is young. BUT, if she skates lights out, I wouldn't be surprised if she took gold. Anything is possible. Julia didn't emote all that well when I started watching her skate and I'm not so sure if there has been a marked improvement, but her long program this season is stellar and suits her well. I would see nothing wrong if she were to top the podium. At least not if she deserves it. This isn't a reputation contest, it's a sport. That's the way it should be anyway. She will be skating on home ice, so that's something to consider. You can never be too sure what will happen. I'm hoping for the best.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
    Why are you so mad about Julia? It's not like she's the only skater who has ever had inconsistencies.
    I am not mad at her , I am a fan of her out of this earth wonderful jaw dropping spins ,. she is a very good jumper also. I am just saying that she is still not in the level with Yuna and Mao and even kostner (not including jumps)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nagoya View Post

These are FACTS! with proven Videos , even if Lipnitskaia will not much do error than this video she will still not get close to 131.37 most probably on the mid 120's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRrjvrMh9cU

139.75 (3rd highest FS ever)

Custom Title
    Hey I know that Lipnitskaia is good but I was just implying that she is not super consistent remember this?http://youtu.be/r99vlgdi3l8
    She is super consistent comparing to most of the skaters. And,as disappointed i was at that moment, it was needed for her to have a bad skate. It is almost imposible to be perfect all the time, and she realised what she needs to work on. But about consistency - this season it is great apart from CoR LP. She hit her SP 5 times out of 6, and i would even say 6 our of 6 because at Nationals she did not fall, she had a step out. For the LP, 5 our of 6 (minor step out at Finlandia Trophy, but for LP I don't count it, and disaster at CoR). Well, I cannot think of anyone this season with that track record

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRrjvrMh9cU

139.75 (3rd highest FS ever)
    yehey! she won european championships once! give her the olympic gold already!!!
    BTW Carolina Kostner won it 5 times so might as well give her 5 olympic gold medals

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Hey I know that Lipnitskaia is good but I was just implying that she is not super consistent remember this?http://youtu.be/r99vlgdi3l8
    Look up Julia's comp results on wiki. Keep in mind she had an injury and growth spurt 2012-2013 and tell me in all fairness she isn't one of the most consistent of the girls in the hunt for a medal. I agree Julia should have had 2nd in Rostelecom cup. Could you ever humble yourself enough to make such claims against your favorite skater.

I'm not going to say Mao should have lost in GPF but I think her score was inflated by at least 4-5 pts which would have her under 200. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mao skate similar or worse making her finish under 200pts. I don't know if that is good enough for a medal period. Who knows she certainly has amazing footwork and interpretation. By my accounts the gap between the usual Mao and the usual Julia isn't that big. Now if Mao goes clean, what are the odds of this, she will lock silver up. Who knows....stranger things have happened with skaters less slkilled than Mao!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLiinaLii View Post
    She is super consistent comparing to most of the skaters. And,as disappointed i was at that moment, it was needed for her to have a bad skate. It is almost imposible to be perfect all the time, and she realised what she needs to work on. But about consistency - this season it is great apart from CoR LP. She hit her SP 5 times out of 6, and i would even say 6 our of 6 because at Nationals she did not fall, she had a step out. For the LP, 5 our of 6 (minor step out at Finlandia Trophy, but for LP I don't count it, and disaster at CoR). Well, I cannot think of anyone this season with that track record
    YES! that is very true she is super consistent with her jumps but she is nowhere near the gracefulness of the big 3 in terms of performance. and yes her technical score is also very impressive no questions on that but watch the way she skates thru the ice and compare her to yuna mao and carolina do you think she is on the same level? I rest my case

Custom Title
    YES! that is very true she is super consistent with her jumps but she is nowhere near the gracefulness of the big 3 in terms of performance. and yes her technical score is also very impressive no questions on that but watch the way she skates thru the ice and compare her to yuna mao and carolina do you think she is on the same level? I rest my case
    I might be the only one with that opinion, but I never liked Carolina and apart from her skating skills nothing excites me abput her. I'd rather watch Julia's LP five time in a row, than watch Caro's Bolero, even though everyone thinks it is a masterpiece. Mao must be clean or at least make minimum costly mistakes, otherwise I would put Julia ahead of her if Julia is clean.

Custom Title
    yehey! she won european championships once! give her the olympic gold already!!!
    BTW Carolina Kostner won it 5 times so might as well give her 5 olympic gold medals
    yehey! Mao and Carolina are so graceful. Give them the olympic medals without skating!!!

Custom Title
    But the fact that you only have one program out of twelve to show says that she is super consistent. But let's take a look at the circumstances: Not only was she skating last after placing ahead of world champion Carolina, it was her first time skating at home (not just in Russia but at her home) for a international competition. She let her nerves get the better of her and then did not know what to do when she had never before practiced after having made such mistakes. She performed well according to the judges and me and nevertheless achieved a technical score still equal to the other top competitor there and equal or better than the best of many other skaters. Even with the TES Score being 15 points lower than at Skate Canada she won based on her technical lead, combined SP and LP. How many other skaters could miss two jumping passes and make mistakes on two(?) others and still have technical content that could win. I'm not saying she would (certainly not at the Olympics where everyone will bring their best), still it's impressive.

Then let's look at other skaters (not measuring against those who are as consistent as she is, or who have a triple axel) compared to Julia. Skater A usually hits 90% (for most skaters 90% is their clean, right?) of their planned content in the long program and a bad competition has them at 70%. Julia will blow them out of the water technically unless said skater has the skate of their life at the same time that she has 2-3 major mistakes.

At Europeans this year Julia had a slightly weird landing on her Axel, and instead of making any more mistakes she skated a program that had a higher base value than before and gave her a 1-point higher TES than at Skate Canda her previous technically perfect performance. I'm confident that even if she makes a costly mistake such a a fall on the triple-toe of the opening combination she be able to rally by doing something like at triple-loop, triple-toe or a triple lutz-triple toe-double toe combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post
    But the fact that you only have one program out of twelve to show says that she is super consistent. But let's take a look at the circumstances: Not only was she skating last after placing ahead of world champion Carolina, it was her first time skating at home (not just in Russia but at her home) for a international competition. She let her nerves get the better of her and then did not know what to do when she had never before practiced after having made such mistakes. She performed well according to the judges and me and nevertheless achieved a technical score still equal to the other top competitor there and equal or better than the best of many other skaters. Even with the TES Score being 15 points lower than at Skate Canada she won based on her technical lead, combined SP and LP. How many other skaters could miss two jumping passes and make mistakes on two(?) others and still have technical content that could win. I'm not saying she would (certainly not at the Olympics where everyone will bring their best), still it's impressive.

Then let's look at other skaters (not measuring against those who are as consistent as she is, or who have a triple axel) compared to Julia. Skater A usually hits 90% (for most skaters 90% is their clean, right?) of their planned content in the long program and a bad competition has them at 70%. Julia will blow them out of the water technically unless said skater has the skate of their life at the same time that she has 2-3 major mistakes.

At Europeans this year Julia had a slightly weird landing on her Axel, and instead of making any more mistakes she skated a program that had a higher base value than before and gave her a 1-point higher TES than at Skate Canda her previous technically perfect performance. I'm confident that even if she makes a costly mistake such a a fall on the triple-toe of the opening combination she be able to rally by doing something like at triple-loop, triple-toe or a triple lutz-triple toe-double toe combination.
    Yuna did win Skate America in 2009 even with horrendous mistakes in her LP......

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabel_O'Reilly View Post

FYI mao beat julia in the recent GPF with a margin of 8 points with a terrible FS

Tripping on the Podium
    FYI mao beat julia in the recent GPF with a margin of 8 points with a terrible FS
    and yes Mao might be inconsistent with her 3axels but not during olympics! she bombed all her programs on 2009-2010 but landed all her 3 3axels clean in vancouver.
    What makes you think she is not prepared this time before her retirement with an exceptional performance for 2 years before sochi olympics (4 grand prix titles and 2 grand prix final titles) isnt that enough?

Custom Title
    I don't think Julia is a threat for gold but she cold medal but she has to beat the likes of Wagner and probably more of a threat Gold plus the Japanese ladies, Yuna and Caro as well as hold off her teammate 0 not easy and if anything puberty will be a hindrance as she doesn't have the biggest or strongest jumps.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast