Pairs FS - 2014 European Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 2014 European Championships

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I absolutely love the "Conquest Of Paradise" music, and wish it would be used more often!!! In fact, Vangelis music in general should be used more often!!!

Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)

Music: Angels and Demons (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; Heaven and Hell by Vangelis; Requiem for a Dream (soundtrack) by Clint Mansell

Wow! Vangelis music used twice in a row. Somebody must be listening to me!

And so good to hear them also use my favourite skating music (Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna"), albeit as part of a medley. Yes, it was over-used a few years ago, but it has been badly neglected the past year or 2.

Just had a thought. With S/S withdrawing, presumably everybody in the final group will be starting one slot earlier. And the podium ceremony should also be earlier.

Unfortunately, I'll not see the final group LIVE, because of dinner. But those that are should keep this in mind.

I should be back for the Gala at 15:00CET (14:00GMT), though!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yay! Maylin and Daniel! :)
Such a loveable pair, glad they got through mostly clean.
Germany will still lose its 3rd spot, which of course sucks for 1 pair out of them, Vartmann/Van Cleave and Prölss/Blommaert for next year...

Drat! I never thought of the impact S/S withdrawing (and hence not getting a podium) would have on the slots for next year.

Such a shame for whoever misses out when the time comes.

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE (GER)

Music: Your Highness (soundtrack) by Steve Yablonsky

She's in taupe dress w/ gold and leather details. He's in tapered black pants, white loose shirt

3Tw
3STh
3T+2T - he does 3T+1T
2A
FCCoSp
ChSq - spiral
Li
Li
3FTh - twofooted
Li
BoDs
PCoSp

Some mistakes, but overall solid skate. They both nod.

FS: 55.80 + 57.33 = 113.13, 168.32, in 2nd (out of 10)

Thank you for posting the music details sequinsgalore. I really enjoyed the way the Wende pair utilized this music to convey a story, as a pair skating a story, and not just two talented skaters executing a series of elements necessary to win scores.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)

Music: Dracula by Philipp Glass

She's in red velvet dress w/ black sheer inserts. He's in black pants, black shirt w/ red collar

3T+2T+2T - solid
3Tw - bit low
3S - she falls, < or maybe <<
FCCoSp - unison off at start
ChSq
3STh - nice
Li
BoDs
RLi
3LoTh - bit forward
Li
PCoSp

Shame about the fall, but otherwise a very nice performance. Should put pressure on the two Russians pairs, but they've opened the door

FS: 64.69+62.70-1.00 = 126.39 (PB), 195.61 (PB), in 1st (out of 12)

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Have Wende/Wende and Vartmann/Cleave both stated, that they will continue?
No idea. They might want to enjoy the spotlight of being Germany's N°1 after S/S are gone, but Prölss/Blommaert are improving so quickly, might be a bit frightening given only 2 spots... I guess they'll decide after WC.

This entire 3rd group was really great! Hope it continues and we get some amazing performances in the final run :)

Frenchie

Medalist
Ingo Steuer is in da house!
Decision by team doc and them, too risky that performing today would make Aljona sick for 10 days, OG more important.
They did the last practice today and tried, but the decision is right.
Weiss calls V/T's situation today "like a gala" (no comp)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS)

Music: Polovetsian Dances (from "Prince Igor") by Alexander Borodin

She's in red/pink dress w/cutouts and gold details, head band. He's in dark pants, dark brown tunic w/ gold details.

3T - she twofoots, maybe <
2A+2A+SEQ - she hand down on 1st, turnout on 2nd
3FTh
FiDs
FCCoSp
3Tw - great height
RLi
3LoTh
ChSq - spiral, steps, dance lift
Li
Li
PCoSp

Problems on sbs jumps as usual, but the rest of the elements were very strong. I do think this program is very boring...

FS: 65.97+63.94 = 129.91, 201.61, in 1st (out of 13)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ugh, the Dutch commentator is only *now* starting to wonder if maybe S/S have withdrawn?! Honestly, even without checking the news sites, the WD behind their name has been on the screen more than once, too, before now. Pay attention, dude.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS)

Music: The Addams Family (soundtrack) by Marc Shaiman

She's in red dress with black hem. He's in black pants, black/white striped jacked with red collar

3Tw - bit low catch
3FTh
3T+2T+2T - very solid
RLi
BoDs
FCCoSp
ChSq - spiral
2A
Li - she kinda falls down on him on exit
PCoSp
Li
3STh - very smooth

One lift mistake, but otherwise clean and with lots of personality. I think it'll be enough to beat Bazarova/Larionov

FS: 69.21+67.87 = 137.08 (PB), 207.98 (PB), in 1st (out of 14)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ksenia and Fedor were on fire!!! I hope they'll pass Bazarova/Larionov

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Music: Jesus Christ Superstar by Andrew Lloyd Webber

She's in white halter dress w/ "dirty" hem and gold details. He's in "dirty" yellow pants, loose white shirt, head band.

3Tw - enormous!
3S - he has big stepout, she twofoots (maybe <)
3T+2T - he falls on 3T
FiDs
FCCoSp
3LoTh - very big
ChSq - spiral
3STh - twofoot, fall!
RLi
PCoSp
Li
Li

And it's his time to mess up both sbs jumps. And the fall on throw salchow. They should be glad S/S withdrew. Should be enough to take gold over all, but they've got work to do

FS: 65.20+73.20-2.00= 136.40, 220.38, in 1st (out of 15)

Some whistling in the arena... Both Tatiana and Maxim look very solemn

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Wow. No S/S, so concentration lapse by V/T?

it might be it, but it could be some peak-too-soon sign...Since gpf I see them with much less self-confience than early in the season...And today Maxim looks totaly ran out of stamina after finish - very unusual for him, maybe some sickness?

Trewyn

Medalist
Wow. S/S might have won this battle if they'd skated. Defeated by another Russian team I had never heard of until today. Stolbova/Klimov... Are they even going to Sochi? Better remember their names. I loved their Adams Family program - she performed every second of it. Hard elements very late in the program too!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow. S/S might have won this battle if they'd skated. Defeated by another Russian team I had never heard of until today. Stolbova/Klimov... Are they even going to Sochi? Better remember their names. I loved their Adams Family program - she performed every second of it. Hard elements very late in the program too!

Sotlbova/Klimov are going to the Olympics as Kavaguti/Smirnov are still recovering form his surgery, only doing double jumps now

Frenchie

Medalist
Ugh, the Dutch commentator is only *now* starting to wonder if maybe S/S have withdrawn?! Honestly, even without checking the news sites, the WD behind their name has been on the screen more than once, too, before now. Pay attention, dude.

:laugh:
S/S must be regretting wd'ing now more than ever...
S/K had a great performance, even with the mistake on the 2nd to last lift... UNBELIEVABLE: they got the best FS, above V/T!!! :agree:
I was curious how much lower V/T's PCS would be compared to what they usually got... V/T got 5.33pts more in PCS than S/K. Not sure I agree with that. Anyway, with such a huge lead after the SP, there was no realistic shot at the win. But this will certainly be good for S/K's reputation for Sochi.