Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Exhibition 2014 Europeans

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Super Mario (aka Kim Lucine) and some added extras (I'll not spoil the surprise for you, but it was brilliant!!! )
    Since he doesn't care about the judges, he should be consequent and show up for his next SP exactly like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    Adelina, amazing!
    At one point the camera angle captured perfectly how it did really look like butterfly wings - I don't understand the musical choice though...
    Vanessa Gusmeroli did a similar butterfly exhibition to a music with soft female voice doing "aah's" that fitted much better imo.

Custom Title
    Why were the 4th & 5th placed ladies not in the Gala ?.
    Were they injured ?.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Since he doesn't care about the judges, he should be consequent and show up for his next SP exactly like that!
    Yeah, and have Verner controlling him again as well! (Am I imagining things, or wasn't it Verner doing it at the Nebelhorn as well? I take it they are mates, then).

I was very disappointed that this was one of the routines that Eurosport edited out of their coverage. Like, they always seem to edit out the funny ones! I was so annoyed when they edited out the routine the mascot did just before the resurfacing at the GP Final. It was hilarious, and very impressive!

And, yet again, Eurosport edited out all of the locals that took part! You would have thought they would have at least left Júlia Sebestyén in, seeing as she was so successful when she was competing! (Thank you to Mao88 for letting us know that was Júlia that opened up the second half.)

Quote Originally Posted by ancaf View Post
    Ok. Thank you for your answer. Have a nice Sunday. PS TVR broadcasts all the skate championships. So we forgive them when they mess something.
    WOW!!! I'm impressed!

So a terrestrial general entertainment channel like TVR can make the effort to broadcast ALL the skating events, but a dedicated sports channel like Eurosport cannot!

WELL DONE TVR!!!

Anybody fancy moving to Romania...?

CaroLiza_fan

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    Why were the 4th & 5th placed ladies not in the Gala ?.
    Were they injured ?.
    They only had two hours :(

TV friendly ...

Might be why, we also dont get 2 skates anymore but just one and no full final round to wave goodbye either etc. :(

They removed a lot from Galas these days, compared to the past.

Not sure if Sochi is also like that - might be more influence there From the IOC than the ISU.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    WOW!!! I'm impressed!

So a terrestrial general entertainment channel like TVR can make the effort to broadcast ALL the skating events, but a dedicated sports channel like Eurosport cannot!

WELL DONE TVR!!!
    TVR doesn't broadcast the Grand Prix series (because Eurosport has the rights), nor 4CC, but they usually have very good live coverage of Europeans/Worlds/Olympics. Btw, TVR is not just any general entertainment station, but the Romanian public television, which should tell you something about the interest in the sport in a country where competitive skating is almost nonexistent (at Euros 2014 we had Zoltan Kelemen in the Men's event... and that's about it).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2