Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Carolina Kostner’s chances at the Olympics?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    She does full runthroughs at practices in Oberstdorf all the time, just not at competition practice.
    It's too bad she can't sustain the level in the jumps through the end of the program in competition. She looked liked the best skater in the world during the first half of Bolero at Euros.

Custom Title
    I see Carolina as the dark horse. Earlier I thought she was an OGM contender. Now that seems difficult, but a silver or bronze is within her reach. She was clearly rusty at the Euros, having dealt with an injury recently. I think in the Olympics she will look much stronger. She will need all her jumps though to win the medal. The field is very competitive, with experienced and younger skaters.

Tripping on the Podium
    Carolina is always way over-scored IMO. I don't get her appeal other than her amazing speed and flow across the ice. She buckles under pressure and doesn't have the technical ability of the others in the field. I like her skating because she is unique (tall, gangly) but I just don't think her skating is worthy of an Olympic or World Medal. It's just my opinion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4