Carolina Kostner’s chances at the Olympics? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner’s chances at the Olympics?

noskates

Record Breaker
Her programs don't seem competitive to me. Maybe things are to be added before the Olympics, but now they seem quite skeletally compared to that of others. And yes wise she seems aged out, has slightly regressed.

I also thought she was skating alot more slowly than I remember her from past performances and took a long while to set up her jumps. She looked tired to me. But I think all bets are off if she manages to skate a clean program. Her Bolero is quite beautiful.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
she needs to run through her programs in practice from beginning to end and include the jumps. practice makes perfect. after all these years, i don't know why you don't do it, caro...

npavel

On the Ice
she needs to run through her programs in practice from beginning to end and include the jumps. practice makes perfect. after all these years, i don't know why you don't do it, caro...
she does it, just not in the practice of the event. And she is still in pain as she told at Euros and she try not to think about it. Her back hurts her a lot. But if she manage to forget about it, she is just the most beautiful out there

jiggs

On the Ice

She does full runthroughs at practices in Oberstdorf all the time, just not at competition practice.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Carolina may not have had the best year but she usually skates well at least once and the olympics could be it. AS for the Russians she will beat themif she skates clean. but imho I dont always see what is so great about her skating or Bolero. she's in themix but she has opened the door clearly for Akiko and if Mao skates badly we could have a slew of potential medallists. Caro was the early medal favourite but she has not done well this year.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
She does full runthroughs at practices in Oberstdorf all the time, just not at competition practice.

It's too bad she can't sustain the level in the jumps through the end of the program in competition. She looked liked the best skater in the world during the first half of Bolero at Euros.

Vash01

Medalist
I see Carolina as the dark horse. Earlier I thought she was an OGM contender. Now that seems difficult, but a silver or bronze is within her reach. She was clearly rusty at the Euros, having dealt with an injury recently. I think in the Olympics she will look much stronger. She will need all her jumps though to win the medal. The field is very competitive, with experienced and younger skaters.

TonyaHardlyEver

Rinkside
Carolina is always way over-scored IMO. I don't get her appeal other than her amazing speed and flow across the ice. She buckles under pressure and doesn't have the technical ability of the others in the field. I like her skating because she is unique (tall, gangly) but I just don't think her skating is worthy of an Olympic or World Medal. It's just my opinion.