Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How can we best show our support to the beleaguered Ashley?

How can we best show our support to the beleaguered Ashley?

Other than a fan fest thread in the fan fest that she likely won't see, I noticed many "I feel Sorry for Ash because." comments/dedicated threads. What would the internet savvy GSers recommend? Is there anyone besides me who wishes her well, and is getting concerned she is going to Russia with a lot of negativity due to the USFS decision in her favor?

If anyone does a petition or provides a link to some encouraging thing being sent her way, let me know. I always thought Miarai a gret skater, am not anti-Mirai, but do support the USFS decision as it seemed best for the team. Ashley is very outgoing and very supportive of the other skaters, even those she competes against. If things are really that negative in the media, is any Ashley uber or just fan doing something we can all do to wish her well? I hope she can skate her best, and her best is darn good. I am not all that nationalistic-rather sad for my country -but as far as FS goes, I am rooting for my team, and I do like the skaters we are sending to the Olympics. I am getting concerned reading this board. Ashley has worked all her life for this moment and I want to support her. USFS mmade the decision, not Ashley. I like her and her skating. If anything is happening to promote asley by fans please let us know. I hope I am not alone in wanting to take a brick off her back. Go Ashley and team USA!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    If she has a Twitter, you could tweet your support.

Tripping on the Podium
    Ashley has a Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You can send her message there. You could also send a snail mail letter!

I'm not much into facebook. I saw the "social newtwork" movie and decided not to add to his income stream. Twitter sounds easy, 14 characters? So, I have to sign up for twitter, then just tweat? Is this easy enough for a social media beginner? I will try it. I hope she is getting good twitters.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memelah711 View Post
    Ashley has a Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You can send her message there. You could also send a snail mail letter!
    Wagner also has a tumblr account.

Tripping on the Podium
    For Twitter, all you have to do is sign and start tweeting. Sadly, I have seem some nasty comments on her Twitter and photos she has posted

I didn't know she had a tumblr, I will have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Memelah711 View Post
    For Twitter, all you have to do is sign and start tweeting. Sadly, I have seem some nasty comments on her Twitter and photos she has posted

I didn't know she had a tumblr, I will have to check it out.
    I thought she was taking a break from all social media till after the Olympics? From what I have been reading from around the internet she pretty much had to. Poor girl was being crucified.

I am now a tweeter, and have sent a good tweet to her. She has a lot of followers, 26,000 I think. There are stunning pics from covergirl there. She is beautiful, really. I did not see anything negative. I am surprised Mirai can get 5,000 sigs on a petition this fast. I am surprised no one did that for Ashley, like her mom, lol. Well, I hope people will get behind her. We can only hope Mirai's ubers will forgive her for accepting the decision made by the big wigs of USFSA. I just want her to skate like she can. No double footing. She needs her 3x3s. I am always surprised that Artunian who is this big deal jump coach doesn't seem to make much difference. I think that after doing thousands of jumps, it is tough to change as you get older like Ash and my fave Rippon. (former fave-I am now a Jason uber, and I have NEVER been an "uber." I feel it is too close to fanatic.)

Anyway, it is easy to sign up and easy to use.

Custom Title
    Maybe by everyone ceasing to pick apart everything she's done for the past few years? Sometimes I think fans are the worst enemies. Ah hah! Skateluvr. I'm trying to find a Team Brown t-shirt. Some people had them at Nationals but I could never get close. I've been an uber fan of Jason's since the first time I saw him skate!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    If she has a Twitter, you could tweet your support.
    she does but she's taking an extended break from social media because of the ugliness that has been spewed at her.

She has an official website that you can sign her guestbook, they may also have an address to write her.

Custom Title
    I feel for her too, she's skated well this year, she has a bad outing and now people are saying she has no chance, she's' done, Gracie will beat her, etc. Skaters don't need fair weather fans like that. Best thing we can do is cheer her on and let her know we believe in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    she does but she's taking an extended break from social media because of the ugliness that has been spewed at her.

She has an official website that you can sign her guestbook, they may also have an address to write her.
    thank you. she has really paid for her trip. may she skate the best of her life. oh, all my faves do not fit podium!

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Maybe by everyone ceasing to pick apart everything she's done for the past few years? Sometimes I think fans are the worst enemies. Ah hah! Skateluvr. I'm trying to find a Team Brown t-shirt. Some people had them at Nationals but I could never get close. I've been an uber fan of Jason's since the first time I saw him skate!
    I'd love to see him repeat those skates and somehow win the gold. Imagine the imploding heads everywhere if a second American with great everything wins with no quad!!!! Oh, the joy! As Dickkie Button would say! LOL.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    thank you. she has really paid for her trip. may she skate the best of her life. oh, all my faves do not fit podium!
    Definitely. She's paid her dues, she's worked hard since 2010 to improve. I think she still has a shot at a podium. It's the Olympics, anything can happen. She doesn't need fair-weather fans who are pitying her because she's overtaken by Gracie. I like her, I hope she does well.

Columnist
    Many skaters can be contacted in one way or another. Sadly this also opens the doors to abuse :(

Maybe make a fan thread here and post her the link by PM.
    However, unless she has an account here - she wont be able to see it. :(

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast