3. Brian Boitano - $18 mil
    4. Yuna Kim - $14 mil
    5. Johnny Weir - $10 mil
    6. Michelle Kwan - $8 mil
    7. Nancy Kerrigan - $8 mil
    8. Dorothy Hamil - $5 mil
    9. Tara Lipinski - $4 mil
    10. Tonya Harding - $10,000
    They don't have a reliable source so I'm not sure all of them really earn that much, only Yuna and Michelle sound right for me (Yuna earns a bit more than that though) But Tonya is a joke, I mean, $10,000 in this richest list for real Mao should make the list instead, I heard her income around $3 mil years ago

Anyway, in the sport where over 98% athletes fought so hard to pay for their training cost, the gap between them is a bit heart broken T_T

Weird. Their method presumably goes by "net worth", but some figures are income-only (like Yuna). And it excludes many foreign skaters like Mao, as you mentioned.

Krislite-oops, I mean Yuna HAS to be richest. I heard she was worth 10 million before OGM. She sells EVERYTHING ON TV YES?

It is hard to guess met worth. Someone like Scott Hamilton has been a successful entrepreneur for several decades.

Forbes magazine is pretty reliable about these things. Yuna Kim was the seventh highest-paid woman athlete in 2013 at 9 million $US (joining 6 tennis players, a golfer, and a race car driver in the top ten.)

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45imfe/10-yani-tseng/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Krislite-oops, I mean Yuna HAS to be richest. I heard she was worth 10 million before OGM. She sells EVERYTHING ON TV YES?
    For your information, Yuna has about 10 endorsement contracts now, so she not sells everything

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    It is hard to guess met worth. Someone like Scott Hamilton has been a successful entrepreneur for several decades.

Forbes magazine is pretty reliable about these things. Yuna Kim was the seventh highest-paid woman athlete in 2013 at 9 million $US (joining 6 tennis players, a golfer, and a race car driver in the top ten.)

That was actually for the 2011-2012 period when she was on break. The figure for 2012-2013 is a bit higher ($14 million): http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...emale-athletes

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post

It's 2012, Math

South Korean figure skating superstar Kim Yuna is the sixth richest female athlete in the world, according to a recent list compiled by Forbes magazine.

Kim’s earnings since June of last year came in at an estimated $14 million, placing her behind the likes of tennis stars Mario Sharapova and Serena Williams, who were first and second on the list with earnings of $29 and $20.5 million, respectively. Kim’s No. 6 ranking bumps her up one slot from last year’s list, when she was estimated to have earned $9 million.
    http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45eefdi/6-kim-yuna/

Custom Title
    May need to be taken with grain of salt - but if even close - good for Johnny W for making up to #5 without a Worlds or Oly title

Banned
    Without looking into it much, sounds like a made-up list just to make fun of Tonya.

I agree. Without references, its so much bull feathers. Shoot, I don't know how much I am worth....I have retirement , Social security, investments that go up and down, and material wealth whose value continually changes....and I have tax obligations.
    Yuna may well have 14 mil US in endorsements...what does her agent get? What is the tax structure in Korea? What does she give back to charity? Not my business anyway no matter what she gets....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    Without looking into it much, sounds like a made-up list just to make fun of Tonya.

I can't think of why Hamilton would be that much more than Boitano and Yamaguchi. I'm going to agree with those that believe this list is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I agree. Without references, its so much bull feathers. Shoot, I don't know how much I am worth....I have retirement , Social security, investments that go up and down, and material wealth whose value continually changes....and I have tax obligations.
    Yuna may well have 14 mil US in endorsements...what does her agent get? What is the tax structure in Korea? What does she give back to charity? Not my business anyway no matter what she gets....
    Yuna is her own agent (All That Sports). Of course, All That Sports employs a bunch of people including her mother, who I understand manages the agency.

should be Plushenko on the list

Columnist
    Im sure Sarah Hughes made more money in 2002 + than many of us in their whole life

It would be interesting talking about the poorest olympic champion however.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Yuna is her own agent (All That Sports). Of course, All That Sports employs a bunch of people including her mother, who I understand manages the agency.
    As far as I know, the real CEO now is a man who used to be IB Sports's CEO, don't know his name though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast