10 Richest Figure Skaters | Golden Skate

10 Richest Figure Skaters

nguyenghita

On the Ice
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list...&utm_content=3+articles&utm_campaign=TR-trial

1. Scott Hamilton - $30 mil
2. Kristi Yamaguchi - $18 mil
3. Brian Boitano - $18 mil
4. Yuna Kim - $14 mil
5. Johnny Weir - $10 mil
6. Michelle Kwan - $8 mil
7. Nancy Kerrigan - $8 mil
8. Dorothy Hamil - $5 mil
9. Tara Lipinski - $4 mil
10. Tonya Harding - $10,000

They don't have a reliable source so I'm not sure all of them really earn that much, only Yuna and Michelle sound right for me (Yuna earns a bit more than that though) But Tonya is a joke, I mean, $10,000 in this richest list for real :rolleye: Mao should make the list instead, I heard her income around $3 mil years ago

Anyway, in the sport where over 98% athletes fought so hard to pay for their training cost, the gap between them is a bit heart broken T_T

Krislite

Medalist
Weird. Their method presumably goes by "net worth", but some figures are income-only (like Yuna). And it excludes many foreign skaters like Mao, as you mentioned.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Krislite-oops, I mean Yuna HAS to be richest. I heard she was worth 10 million before OGM. She sells EVERYTHING ON TV YES?

It is hard to guess met worth. Someone like Scott Hamilton has been a successful entrepreneur for several decades.

Forbes magazine is pretty reliable about these things. Yuna Kim was the seventh highest-paid woman athlete in 2013 at 9 million $US (joining 6 tennis players, a golfer, and a race car driver in the top ten.)

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45imfe/10-yani-tseng/

Krislite

Medalist
It is hard to guess met worth. Someone like Scott Hamilton has been a successful entrepreneur for several decades.

Forbes magazine is pretty reliable about these things. Yuna Kim was the seventh highest-paid woman athlete in 2013 at 9 million $US (joining 6 tennis players, a golfer, and a race car driver in the top ten.)

That was actually for the 2011-2012 period when she was on break. The figure for 2012-2013 is a bit higher ($14 million): http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...st-of-the-worlds-highest-paid-female-athletes

nguyenghita

On the Ice

It's 2012, Math :p

South Korean figure skating superstar Kim Yuna is the sixth richest female athlete in the world, according to a recent list compiled by Forbes magazine.

Kim’s earnings since June of last year came in at an estimated $14 million, placing her behind the likes of tennis stars Mario Sharapova and Serena Williams, who were first and second on the list with earnings of $29 and $20.5 million, respectively. Kim’s No. 6 ranking bumps her up one slot from last year’s list, when she was estimated to have earned $9 million.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45eefdi/6-kim-yuna/

ivy

On the Ice
May need to be taken with grain of salt - but if even close - good for Johnny W for making up to #5 without a Worlds or Oly title

Ven

Match Penalty
Without looking into it much, sounds like a made-up list just to make fun of Tonya.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I agree. Without references, its so much bull feathers. Shoot, I don't know how much I am worth....I have retirement , Social security, investments that go up and down, and material wealth whose value continually changes....and I have tax obligations.
Yuna may well have 14 mil US in endorsements...what does her agent get? What is the tax structure in Korea? What does she give back to charity? Not my business anyway no matter what she gets....
Without looking into it much, sounds like a made-up list just to make fun of Tonya.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can't think of why Hamilton would be that much more than Boitano and Yamaguchi. I'm going to agree with those that believe this list is fake.

Krislite

Medalist
I agree. Without references, its so much bull feathers. Shoot, I don't know how much I am worth....I have retirement , Social security, investments that go up and down, and material wealth whose value continually changes....and I have tax obligations.
Yuna may well have 14 mil US in endorsements...what does her agent get? What is the tax structure in Korea? What does she give back to charity? Not my business anyway no matter what she gets....

Yuna is her own agent (All That Sports). Of course, All That Sports employs a bunch of people including her mother, who I understand manages the agency.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Im sure Sarah Hughes made more money in 2002 + than many of us in their whole life ;)

It would be interesting talking about the poorest olympic champion however.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Yuna is her own agent (All That Sports). Of course, All That Sports employs a bunch of people including her mother, who I understand manages the agency.
As far as I know, the real CEO now is a man who used to be IB Sports's CEO, don't know his name though :p

Icey

Record Breaker
How can Tonya be on that list? Evan is richer; Plushenko is richer; Peggy is richer; Dick Button is richer......

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list...&utm_content=3+articles&utm_campaign=TR-trial

They don't have a reliable source so I'm not sure all of them really earn that much, only Yuna and Michelle sound right for me (Yuna earns a bit more than that though) But Tonya is a joke, I mean, $10,000 in this richest list for real :rolleye: Mao should make the list instead, I heard her income around $3 mil years ago

Anyway, in the sport where over 98% athletes fought so hard to pay for their training cost, the gap between them is a bit heart broken T_T

I am not so sure about these numbers. where is Mao and Katarina Witt. Oksana Baiul and Katia Gordeeva. Sara Hughes? I think Kwan'snet worth may be higher as well. Really Johnny Weir at ten millino something doesn't sound right logically. He ws raising money to skate at Sochi. And not that there is anything wrong with being gay but it limits your sponsorships usually and Johnny's personality while a boom in some cases also a big bust in others. Yes one wonders about Dick, Peggy and all. Kurt Browning might be up there and who knows about Brian Orser. Mindyou Canada is a lot smaller than the US.

mary01

Final Flight
If I remember right, there was an article a few years ago that said Mao wants her financial income to be kept secret, that's why she isn't on the list no one knows how much she earns, but she must earn ALOT with all the sponsors she has, and whom she has had for many years. A couple friends of mine who have visited japan said her picture was everywhere they went!