Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mirai's exhibition program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    I am sick and tired of people saying Mirai was "robbed" of being on the Olympic team. Maybe if she hadn't waited until the last competition to show a little fire and consistency and had actually been consistent since 2010 instead of choking every time she had an opportunity (2010 Worlds, 2011 Nationals, 2012 Nationals), this wouldn't have been an issue...
    I'm sure she didn't intentionally perform poorly at earlier competitions.

instead of choking every time she had an opportunity (2010 Worlds, 2011 Nationals, 2012 Nationals), this wouldn't have been an issue...
    The same could be said for Ashley- if she didn't choke at the 2014 Nationals (the current competition) and placed ahead of at least Mirai and possibly also over Gracie and Polina, this wouldn't have been an issue. They wouldn't have chosen someone purely because of past performances and there would be no controversy.

Keep in mind that Mirai also had some injuries and significant body changes since 2010. Part of Mirai's problem may have been related to some lack of self discipline. She had her eye on the prize, instead of concentrating on her skating, which lead to her 'choking' when she was in contention to win gold. In some ways, I think it was unfortunate that she finished 4th in Vancouver because it put the weight of expectations on her more so than anyone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2