Olympics on Edge: New Terror Threats Emerge | Golden Skate

Olympics on Edge: New Terror Threats Emerge

louisa05

Final Flight
Oh goody, yet another distraction for the athletes; as if they don't have enough on their minds. I just hope friends and loved ones are being supportive and not adding to the burden. :scowl:

This is a serious safety issue for everyone at the Games--athletes, coaches, and spectators. Dismissing it as merely a "distraction" for athletes seems a bit casual.

RABID

Final Flight
This is a serious safety issue for everyone at the Games--athletes, coaches, and spectators. Dismissing it as merely a "distraction" for athletes seems a bit casual.

I am sorry you think I am being flippant when in fact I am being realistic. These athletes are not going to change their plans. They are not going to be arming themselves; they are going to be relying on others for their safety and they are going to TRY to put those concerns out of their collective minds and hope that others will not burden them with the details. Asking them, for example if they are scared or concerned will not be helpful. We can afford to fret and be concerned about their safety but they cannot. Actually, reducing such threats to that of a distraction is probably a good strategy for an athlete that hopes to rise above the rest.