Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Banquet Pictures 2014 Europeans

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Where were they?

Still trying to figure out what Elena was thinking was she decided to wear that dress :P

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Still trying to figure out what Elena was thinking was she decided to wear that dress :P
    I'd more wonder about Carolina's choice of dress and those glasses. She's a beautiful woman but the first thing that comes to mind with that combination is my parents showing me old pictures of themselves when they were in college.

Julia's dress looks lovely on her.

Custom Title
    I am more concerned about the boys. Javier's tie is loose, pants too long and shoes need shining. And the other dudes look like they are going to a club or something. At least Elena's dress is formal and stylish whether you like it or not. I and K are a very attractive couple (my focus was on her always

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Something like, goody,goody something soft and flowy. I can breathe and relax and not worry about my tummy sticking out after I eat

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I am more concerned about the boys. Javier's tie is loose, pants too long and shoes need shining. And the other dudes look like they are going to a club or something. At least Elena's dress is formal and stylish whether you like it or not. I and K are a very attractive couple (my focus was on her always
    Luca is quite stylish though and Nick Buckland. Gosh, Nikita is handsome. Does he look like that for real? When I saw the FD press conference he looked like a unreal Ken doll. Man, Luca needs to give him style lessons. But I may be wrong....

Do they not enforce dress codes at these banquets? The Russian men must have not packed anything nice to wear thinking no one would pay attention to them considering they weren't favourites for the podium. Ahaha... I wonder if Javier feels weird being all formal.

Adelina looks great. Julia looks appropriate for a 15 year old... aka if she looks back 5 yrs down the line, she's gonna cringe. Embrace them awkward teenage years!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    I'd more wonder about Carolina's choice of dress and those glasses. She's a beautiful woman but the first thing that comes to mind with that combination is my parents showing me old pictures of themselves when they were in college.

Julia's dress looks lovely on her.
    I've seen many pictures of Carolina with glasses off the ice
    maybe she has eye sight problems

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I've seen many pictures of Carolina with glasses off the ice
    maybe she has eye sight problems
    Oh, glasses are fine. I wear glasses. If she needs them, that's not an issue at all. I just think her choice of frames isn't that flattering.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    Do they not enforce dress codes at these banquets? The Russian men must have not packed anything nice to wear thinking no one would pay attention to them considering they weren't favourites for the podium. Ahaha... I wonder if Javier feels weird being all formal.

Adelina looks great. Julia looks appropriate for a 15 year old... aka if she looks back 5 yrs down the line, she's gonna cringe. Embrace them awkward teenage years!
    Javier appears to be the only guy that knew he might be required to go to a banquet. Adelina looks pretty, I disagree about Julia, I don't think there is anything cringeworthy about that dress- is it a little long, yes it could have been maybe an inch shorter and still be appropriate - but it's nice to be able to say 'that dress could be an inch or 2 shorter and be very appropriate' vs. seeing girls struggle to sit and keep their backside covered.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Luca is quite stylish though and Nick Buckland. Gosh, Nikita is handsome. Does he look like that for real? When I saw the FD press conference he looked like a unreal Ken doll. Man, Luca needs to give him style lessons. But I may be wrong....
    I don't see Luca or Buckland in these photos. Nikita looks well dressed except his pants might be dated unless it is some new designer going for the retro look with pleats. But Elena is gorgeous even in a tent

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I don't see Luca or Buckland in these photos. Nikita looks well dressed except his pants might be dated unless it is some new designer going for the retro look with pleats. But Elena is gorgeous even in a tent
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zf0lso&s=5 - ice dance podium off ice

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hpsojc&s=5 - Kovtun and Lipnitskaya

Custom Title
    Adelina is such a beautiful lady! She has really something special.

I think as well that Carolina's glasses, while modern, are not very flattering for her.

The russian male skaters were really not prepared to win medals , LOL.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Okay, in the first pictures on the thread you can't see a belt on Julia, it's weird that she posed with her arms perfectly over her belt.

Hopefully those are Kovtun's real glasses - as someone that wore glasses for almost 2 decades before lasik, it's one of the most annoying things to see people wear the fake glasses for a fashion statement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast