Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Banquet Pictures 2014 Europeans

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    Okay, in the first pictures on the thread you can't see a belt on Julia, it's weird that she posed with her arms perfectly over her belt.

    Hopefully those are Kovtun's real glasses - as someone that wore glasses for almost 2 decades before lasik, it's one of the most annoying things to see people wear the fake glasses for a fashion statement.
    He does wear glasses off ice. So they are real

  2. #17
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    Okay, in the first pictures on the thread you can't see a belt on Julia, it's weird that she posed with her arms perfectly over her belt.
    Looking at the pictures again, you can just about see the belt under her arms. Can't understrand why Julia would wear a belt on the dress in the first place - that belt really does not go with that dress. But, even more confusing - why wear it if you're going to hide it?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    Hopefully those are Kovtun's real glasses - as someone that wore glasses for almost 2 decades before lasik, it's one of the most annoying things to see people wear the fake glasses for a fashion statement.
    I wear glasses too, and I would love to be able to see without them, but I am too squeemish to have laser eye surgery. But, I think if I did, I would continue to wear glasses. I just look weird without them!

    My Dad had the laser treatment a good few years ago, and I still can't get used to him without the glasses.

    Since we are talking about glasses, here is a photo that a certain somebody posted to her vKontakte profile yesterday

    http://cs311116.vk.me/v311116529/b1cb/LjimKB4nTgM.jpg

    To be honest, I don't know if these glasses are necessary or not. I've seen her wearing a different pair of glasses before (which, incidentally were far too big for her face), but in the vast majority of photos I've seen of her, she doesn't.

    Whilst people wearing glasses as a fashion statement doesn't annoy me, what does annoy me is wearing glasses that don't suit you. Those glasses that Caro was wearing at the Euros banquet look awful on her. Similarly, that black pair of Liza's that I referred to in the previous paragraph, and the pair that Maxim Kovtun was wearing in that photo with Julia that sisinka posted above.


    Getting back to the subject. Not sure what part of the post-Championships events these were from (the press conference, maybe?), but here are some photos that Inside Skating posted to their Facebook page:

    Sergei Voronov and Javier Fernandez
    Sergei Voronov
    Sergei Voronov, Javier Fernandez, Konstantin Menshov
    Sergei Voronov and half of Javier Fernandez

    Abosultely LOVE Sergei's jumper!!!!

    ee-ee-ee-EE-ee, ee-ee-ee-EE-ee...

    (That's my best guess at how to spell it! )

    CaroLiza_fan

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    797
    Many skaters wear glasses and many of those don't want to share their secret of having glasses. On the ice they take contact lenses and many of them take contact lenses off the ice as well.

    I saw Tukhtamysheva with another glasses

    http://i39.tinypic.com/adhkdf.jpg

    Maxim Kovtun wears glasses, he needs them.

    http://i43.tinypic.com/34ir7cw.jpg

    But he has better-looking glasses also.
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2yx2i38.jpg
    http://i43.tinypic.com/9pqt7m.jpg

    Javier Fernandez has a nice glasses which are suitable for him (in my opinion).
    http://i44.tinypic.com/2195o42.jpg

  4. #19
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,952
    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    I saw Tukhtamysheva with another glasses

    http://i39.tinypic.com/adhkdf.jpg
    Yep. That's the pair I was referring to when I said they were too big for her face.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    To be honest, I don't know if these glasses are necessary or not. I've seen her wearing a different pair of glasses before (which, incidentally were far too big for her face), but in the vast majority of photos I've seen of her, she doesn't.
    Did you see the (almost obligatory if you're a girl wearing glasses) "naughty secretary" pose she did wearing that pair?

    http://cs322123.vk.me/v322123529/3f7e/zwOYMFHJ5ww.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by sisinka View Post
    Maxim Kovtun wears glasses, he needs them.

    http://i43.tinypic.com/34ir7cw.jpg

    But he has better-looking glasses also.
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2yx2i38.jpg
    http://i43.tinypic.com/9pqt7m.jpg

    Javier Fernandez has a nice glasses which are suitable for him (in my opinion).
    http://i44.tinypic.com/2195o42.jpg
    Yes, those glasses definitely suit Maxim better than the ones he was wearing at the Euros banquet! And those glasses that Javi is wearing really suit him too!

    Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to take this conversation into a different thread, as I want to continue talking about skaters and glasses, but it starting to get a bit too far off topic for this particular thread.

    CaroLiza_fan

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    254
    Do they wear contacts for competitions? How do they keep the lens from shifting around?

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by rollerblade View Post
    Do they wear contacts for competitions? How do they keep the lens from shifting around?
    I wore contacts for years and never had an issue with the contacts moving around unless I got water in my eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •