Banquet Pictures 2014 Europeans | Golden Skate

Banquet Pictures 2014 Europeans

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Still trying to figure out what Elena was thinking was she decided to wear that dress :p

I'd more wonder about Carolina's choice of dress and those glasses. She's a beautiful woman but the first thing that comes to mind with that combination is my parents showing me old pictures of themselves when they were in college.

Julia's dress looks lovely on her.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am more concerned about the boys. Javier's tie is loose, pants too long and shoes need shining. And the other dudes look like they are going to a club or something. At least Elena's dress is formal and stylish whether you like it or not. I and K are a very attractive couple (my focus was on her always

bramweld

Record Breaker
I am more concerned about the boys. Javier's tie is loose, pants too long and shoes need shining. And the other dudes look like they are going to a club or something. At least Elena's dress is formal and stylish whether you like it or not. I and K are a very attractive couple (my focus was on her always

Luca is quite stylish though and Nick Buckland. Gosh, Nikita is handsome. Does he look like that for real? When I saw the FD press conference he looked like a unreal Ken doll. Man, Luca needs to give him style lessons. But I may be wrong....

starryxskies

On the Ice
Do they not enforce dress codes at these banquets? The Russian men must have not packed anything nice to wear thinking no one would pay attention to them considering they weren't favourites for the podium. Ahaha... I wonder if Javier feels weird being all formal.

Adelina looks great. Julia looks appropriate for a 15 year old... aka if she looks back 5 yrs down the line, she's gonna cringe. Embrace them awkward teenage years!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'd more wonder about Carolina's choice of dress and those glasses. She's a beautiful woman but the first thing that comes to mind with that combination is my parents showing me old pictures of themselves when they were in college.

Julia's dress looks lovely on her.

I've seen many pictures of Carolina with glasses off the ice
maybe she has eye sight problems

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I've seen many pictures of Carolina with glasses off the ice
maybe she has eye sight problems

Oh, glasses are fine. I wear glasses. If she needs them, that's not an issue at all. I just think her choice of frames isn't that flattering.

Amei

Record Breaker
Do they not enforce dress codes at these banquets? The Russian men must have not packed anything nice to wear thinking no one would pay attention to them considering they weren't favourites for the podium. Ahaha... I wonder if Javier feels weird being all formal.

Adelina looks great. Julia looks appropriate for a 15 year old... aka if she looks back 5 yrs down the line, she's gonna cringe. Embrace them awkward teenage years!

Javier appears to be the only guy that knew he might be required to go to a banquet. Adelina looks pretty, I disagree about Julia, I don't think there is anything cringeworthy about that dress- is it a little long, yes it could have been maybe an inch shorter and still be appropriate - but it's nice to be able to say 'that dress could be an inch or 2 shorter and be very appropriate' vs. seeing girls struggle to sit and keep their backside covered.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Luca is quite stylish though and Nick Buckland. Gosh, Nikita is handsome. Does he look like that for real? When I saw the FD press conference he looked like a unreal Ken doll. Man, Luca needs to give him style lessons. But I may be wrong....

I don't see Luca or Buckland in these photos. Nikita looks well dressed except his pants might be dated unless it is some new designer going for the retro look with pleats. But Elena is gorgeous even in a tent:)

aschiutza

On the Ice
Adelina is such a beautiful lady! She has really something special.

I think as well that Carolina's glasses, while modern, are not very flattering for her.

The russian male skaters were really not prepared to win medals , LOL.

Amei

Record Breaker

Okay, in the first pictures on the thread you can't see a belt on Julia, it's weird that she posed with her arms perfectly over her belt.

Hopefully those are Kovtun's real glasses - as someone that wore glasses for almost 2 decades before lasik, it's one of the most annoying things to see people wear the fake glasses for a fashion statement. :no:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Okay, in the first pictures on the thread you can't see a belt on Julia, it's weird that she posed with her arms perfectly over her belt.

Hopefully those are Kovtun's real glasses - as someone that wore glasses for almost 2 decades before lasik, it's one of the most annoying things to see people wear the fake glasses for a fashion statement. :no:
He does wear glasses off ice. So they are real

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Looking at the pictures again, you can just about see the belt under her arms. Can't understrand why Julia would wear a belt on the dress in the first place - that belt really does not go with that dress. But, even more confusing - why wear it if you're going to hide it?!

I wear glasses too, and I would love to be able to see without them, but I am too squeemish to have laser eye surgery. But, I think if I did, I would continue to wear glasses. I just look weird without them! :laugh:

My Dad had the laser treatment a good few years ago, and I still can't get used to him without the glasses.

Since we are talking about glasses, here is a photo that a certain somebody posted to her vKontakte profile yesterday

http://cs311116.vk.me/v311116529/b1cb/LjimKB4nTgM.jpg

To be honest, I don't know if these glasses are necessary or not. I've seen her wearing a different pair of glasses before (which, incidentally were far too big for her face), but in the vast majority of photos I've seen of her, she doesn't.

Whilst people wearing glasses as a fashion statement doesn't annoy me, what does annoy me is wearing glasses that don't suit you. Those glasses that Caro was wearing at the Euros banquet look awful on her. Similarly, that black pair of Liza's that I referred to in the previous paragraph, and the pair that Maxim Kovtun was wearing in that photo with Julia that sisinka posted above.

Getting back to the subject. Not sure what part of the post-Championships events these were from (the press conference, maybe?), but here are some photos that Inside Skating posted to their Facebook page:

Sergei Voronov and Javier Fernandez
Sergei Voronov
Sergei Voronov, Javier Fernandez, Konstantin Menshov
Sergei Voronov and half of Javier Fernandez

Abosultely LOVE Sergei's jumper!!!! :biggrin:

ee-ee-ee-EE-ee, ee-ee-ee-EE-ee...

(That's my best guess at how to spell it! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

sisinka

Final Flight
Many skaters wear glasses and many of those don't want to share their secret of having glasses. On the ice they take contact lenses and many of them take contact lenses off the ice as well.

I saw Tukhtamysheva with another glasses

adhkdf.jpg

Maxim Kovtun wears glasses, he needs them.

34ir7cw.jpg

But he has better-looking glasses also.
2yx2i38.jpg

9pqt7m.jpg

Javier Fernandez has a nice glasses which are suitable for him (in my opinion).
2195o42.jpg

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I saw Tukhtamysheva with another glasses

adhkdf.jpg

Yep. That's the pair I was referring to when I said they were too big for her face.

To be honest, I don't know if these glasses are necessary or not. I've seen her wearing a different pair of glasses before (which, incidentally were far too big for her face), but in the vast majority of photos I've seen of her, she doesn't.

Did you see the (almost obligatory if you're a girl wearing glasses) "naughty secretary" pose she did wearing that pair?

http://cs322123.vk.me/v322123529/3f7e/zwOYMFHJ5ww.jpg

Maxim Kovtun wears glasses, he needs them.

34ir7cw.jpg

But he has better-looking glasses also.
2yx2i38.jpg

9pqt7m.jpg

Javier Fernandez has a nice glasses which are suitable for him (in my opinion).
2195o42.jpg

Yes, those glasses definitely suit Maxim better than the ones he was wearing at the Euros banquet! And those glasses that Javi is wearing really suit him too!

Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to take this conversation into a different thread, as I want to continue talking about skaters and glasses, but it starting to get a bit too far off topic for this particular thread.

CaroLiza_fan