Score ceiling for Julia and Adelina in Sochi | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Score ceiling for Julia and Adelina in Sochi

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Gracie also can score 150+
the only skater that can surpass Yuna in the LP
Max ceiling for Julia and Adelina also in 140s

:rofl: When fans become fanatics....

You do realise her personal best is 127.05, right?

And she hasn't cleared 190 in terms of total score. The last time Yu Na had a FS/total score that was below Gold's personal best was 2009.

If Lip/Sot/Gold all go clean, there's no way Gold will be ranked ahead of them, even with the higher GOE on her jumps (Sotnikova would make up the difference in PCS, and Lip would make up for it in spins).

Gigi13

On the Ice
I seriously think (and I hate this thought) that Julia could come close to 150 in Sochi if she skates clean... Just look at her CoR scores :disapp: They won't give her the "e" for the lutz I think, then add to that some GOE bonus in the other jumps and the level 4 (and consequently a higher GOE) for the StSq and the 71.75 she obtained at Euros could become a 76-77, with PCS around 70 that's 150... With a clean SP maybe 220+

The Russian girls in Sochi are going be overscored big time :slink:, and after watching Euros I'm worried about Mao and Carolina. Mao has to land her triple axel and make no mistakes, and poor Carolina has been injured all season and her technical content is not that strong but she has to go clean as well. I'm not as worried about Yuna given her consistency but Julia has the possibility to score 150 in the free skate I just don't like that idea :disapp:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
:rofl: When fans become fanatics....

You do realise her personal best is 127.05, right?

And she hasn't cleared 190 in terms of total score. The last time Yu Na had a FS/total score that was below Gold's personal best was 2009.

If Lip/Sot/Gold all go clean, there's no way Gold will be ranked ahead of them, even with the higher GOE on her jumps (Sotnikova would make up the difference in PCS, and Lip would make up for it in spins).

didn't you forgot Gracie got higher PCS than even to Julia at Skate Canada, also last year Gracie got higher PCS at Worlds
if she is clean realistically her jump Layout with her GOE she racks can catch up with Yuna's
in figure skating looks and physical body type is also important, Gracie too has the upper hand to that

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
All of this is a big "if." Gracie hasn't shown any degree of consistency in competition. If she skates like she did at Nationals, she has a shot at bronze. I don't think her looks or PR are going to help her.

ever underestimate the power of the US media and public pressure

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
in figure skating looks and physical body type is also important, Gracie too has the upper hand to that

Perhaps, but unless her looks are going to change substantially I don't see why that would factor in to a score boost over what she has gotten previously.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

:rofl: Guess what? The preference that you happen to have for Gold is not universal. And it does not matter one bit to the judges, who get to have their own opinions.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
sky_fly is off the wall with predictions for Gracie. If she skates her programs clean, Gracie might get 72 in the SP and 132 in the FS. Maybe. But clean Julia and/or Sotnikova can score way over that on home ice. The question is whether clean YuNa can beat clean Russian girls' scores. Mao hasn't been skating clean but still might beat clean Gracie or be out of luck.

Ven

Match Penalty
After what happened at SLC, if cleanish Yuna loses to cleanish Russian girls, CoP will probably be gone next year.

(no, won't mean return to 6.0 either -- we might get some really bizarre scoring system)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
didn't you forgot Gracie got higher PCS than even to Julia at Skate Canada, also last year Gracie got higher PCS at Worlds
if she is clean realistically her jump Layout with her GOE she racks can catch up with Yuna's

And did you forget that at Cup of Russia & Euros 2014, Lipnitskaia got higher PCS (32.61 & 68.00) than Gracie's personal best PCS from Skate Canada (30.92 & 62.11)?

Actually, it's not even worth pointing out to you sensibly why Yu Na will score way higher and Lip/Sot will score higher PCS than Gracie and why Gracie won't score 150+ in her FS. If anything, it makes it more hilarious when your bubble gets burst in Sochi and then you inevitably whine that Gold didn't receive higher scores than Kim/Lip/Sot.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie scored 'only' an inflated 139 and change at Nationals for her FS. She'd NEVER get that in an ISU event for her Nationals FS, never mind 150.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
^ And even with the flip, she'd get just above 140 (let's say 142 points, given that it still had an edge call and wasn't going to get +2's).

For her FS to have gotten 150 points, she would have needed 8 points higher PCS. She received 68.30 points PCS... which means, she would needed about 76 points of PCS to clear 150 points -- and that's at her own nationals. Her current, non Nationals, personal best is 62 points PCS in the FS.

Essentially you're saying that if Gracie skates cleanly in Sochi, she will somehow get 14 points higher PCS than her current personal best. In a Russian competition where she's a threat to deny two Russian skaters a medal. :laugh:

But please, sky_fly, keep trying. It's rather amusing.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At Nationals, Gracie got all mid-8s PCS scores for that 139. She'd need mid-9s to hit 150 and pigs will fly in formation above the floor of a frozen hell before that will happen.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
At Nationals, Gracie got all mid-8s PCS scores for that 139. She'd need mid-9s to hit 150 and pigs will fly in formation above the floor of a frozen hell before that will happen.

Oh, but haven't you heard? Gracie's pretty and has a classic Hollywood look, so that will automatically grant her 9.50's across the board. :sarcasm:

miki88

Medalist
At best, Gracie has a shot at the bronze and it will take mistakes from several other skaters. I even think Adelina's chances aren't that strong. She isn't that consistent.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
After what happened at SLC, if cleanish Yuna loses to cleanish Russian girls, CoP will probably be gone next year.

This cannot happen because they won't beat her on PCS or GOE on the 7 jumping passes. I think they will get close to her on PCS though if they marked the Russians so close to Carolina on neutral territory in Budapest. Yuna making a big mistake in the LP could open the door.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I just finished watching Mao's short again and I have already seen YuNa's. I see no reason Mao and YuNa can't skate these programs to levels that at the very least will leave Adelina quaking in her skates and Julia feeling her young age.

Lol, I did the exact same thing today and had the exact same reaction.