Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Score ceiling for Julia and Adelina in Sochi

Custom Title
    My worry for Yuna is if she skates very early in the SP her PCS marks will suffer like they did at last year's worlds. With 12 top contenders to skate the judges will leave room, even though Yuna is the best.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I think Gracie's advanatge will be her GOE she makes on her jumps
    she can also get better PCS and she is physically attractive almost hollywood beauty like

US has also been headlining and propping Gracie in the media as a Gold medal contender in ladies
    All of this is a big "if." Gracie hasn't shown any degree of consistency in competition. If she skates like she did at Nationals, she has a shot at bronze. I don't think her looks or PR are going to help her.

Mao can score a 140+ if she lands her 3AXels clean
    also Carolina of course, but he has lowered her technical content because of her recent injury

Gracie also can score 150+
    the only skater that can surpass Yuna in the LP
    Max ceiling for Julia and Adelina also in 140s
    You're like a magician; you keep amazing me with what you pull out of your hat.

Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    That figure was surprisingly conservative coming from sky_fly20.

I seriously think (and I hate this thought) that Julia could come close to 150 in Sochi if she skates clean... Just look at her CoR scores They won't give her the "e" for the lutz I think, then add to that some GOE bonus in the other jumps and the level 4 (and consequently a higher GOE) for the StSq and the 71.75 she obtained at Euros could become a 76-77, with PCS around 70 that's 150... With a clean SP maybe 220+

Custom Title
    Gracie also can score 150+
    the only skater that can surpass Yuna in the LP
    Max ceiling for Julia and Adelina also in 140s
    When fans become fanatics....

You do realise her personal best is 127.05, right?

And she hasn't cleared 190 in terms of total score. The last time Yu Na had a FS/total score that was below Gold's personal best was 2009.

If Lip/Sot/Gold all go clean, there's no way Gold will be ranked ahead of them, even with the higher GOE on her jumps (Sotnikova would make up the difference in PCS, and Lip would make up for it in spins).

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I seriously think (and I hate this thought) that Julia could come close to 150 in Sochi if she skates clean... Just look at her CoR scores They won't give her the "e" for the lutz I think, then add to that some GOE bonus in the other jumps and the level 4 (and consequently a higher GOE) for the StSq and the 71.75 she obtained at Euros could become a 76-77, with PCS around 70 that's 150... With a clean SP maybe 220+
    The Russian girls in Sochi are going be overscored big time , and after watching Euros I'm worried about Mao and Carolina. Mao has to land her triple axel and make no mistakes, and poor Carolina has been injured all season and her technical content is not that strong but she has to go clean as well. I'm not as worried about Yuna given her consistency but Julia has the possibility to score 150 in the free skate I just don't like that idea

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    When fans become fanatics....

You do realise her personal best is 127.05, right?

And she hasn't cleared 190 in terms of total score. The last time Yu Na had a FS/total score that was below Gold's personal best was 2009.

If Lip/Sot/Gold all go clean, there's no way Gold will be ranked ahead of them, even with the higher GOE on her jumps (Sotnikova would make up the difference in PCS, and Lip would make up for it in spins).
    didn't you forgot Gracie got higher PCS than even to Julia at Skate Canada, also last year Gracie got higher PCS at Worlds
    if she is clean realistically her jump Layout with her GOE she racks can catch up with Yuna's
    in figure skating looks and physical body type is also important, Gracie too has the upper hand to that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    All of this is a big "if." Gracie hasn't shown any degree of consistency in competition. If she skates like she did at Nationals, she has a shot at bronze. I don't think her looks or PR are going to help her.
    ever underestimate the power of the US media and public pressure

Custom Title
    in figure skating looks and physical body type is also important, Gracie too has the upper hand to that
    Perhaps, but unless her looks are going to change substantially I don't see why that would factor in to a score boost over what she has gotten previously.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Perhaps, but unless her looks are going to change substantially I don't see why that would factor in to a score boost over what she has gotten previously.
    it does, Yuna gets it
    so why not Gracie then ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post

Custom Title
    it does, Yuna gets it
    so why not Gracie then ?
    Good thing for Gracie that Kiira Korpi won't be there.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Guess what? The preference that you happen to have for Gold is not universal. And it does not matter one bit to the judges, who get to have their own opinions.

Custom Title
    sky_fly is off the wall with predictions for Gracie. If she skates her programs clean, Gracie might get 72 in the SP and 132 in the FS. Maybe. But clean Julia and/or Sotnikova can score way over that on home ice. The question is whether clean YuNa can beat clean Russian girls' scores. Mao hasn't been skating clean but still might beat clean Gracie or be out of luck.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast