Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Score ceiling for Julia and Adelina in Sochi

Banned
    After what happened at SLC, if cleanish Yuna loses to cleanish Russian girls, CoP will probably be gone next year.

(no, won't mean return to 6.0 either -- we might get some really bizarre scoring system)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    didn't you forgot Gracie got higher PCS than even to Julia at Skate Canada, also last year Gracie got higher PCS at Worlds
    if she is clean realistically her jump Layout with her GOE she racks can catch up with Yuna's
    in figure skating looks and physical body type is also important, Gracie too has the upper hand to that
    And did you forget that at Cup of Russia & Euros 2014, Lipnitskaia got higher PCS (32.61 & 68.00) than Gracie's personal best PCS from Skate Canada (30.92 & 62.11)?

Actually, it's not even worth pointing out to you sensibly why Yu Na will score way higher and Lip/Sot will score higher PCS than Gracie and why Gracie won't score 150+ in her FS. If anything, it makes it more hilarious when your bubble gets burst in Sochi and then you inevitably whine that Gold didn't receive higher scores than Kim/Lip/Sot.

Custom Title
    Gracie scored 'only' an inflated 139 and change at Nationals for her FS. She'd NEVER get that in an ISU event for her Nationals FS, never mind 150.

Custom Title
    ^ And even with the flip, she'd get just above 140 (let's say 142 points, given that it still had an edge call and wasn't going to get +2's).

For her FS to have gotten 150 points, she would have needed 8 points higher PCS. She received 68.30 points PCS... which means, she would needed about 76 points of PCS to clear 150 points -- and that's at her own nationals. Her current, non Nationals, personal best is 62 points PCS in the FS.

Essentially you're saying that if Gracie skates cleanly in Sochi, she will somehow get 14 points higher PCS than her current personal best. In a Russian competition where she's a threat to deny two Russian skaters a medal.

But please, sky_fly, keep trying. It's rather amusing.

Custom Title
    At Nationals, Gracie got all mid-8s PCS scores for that 139. She'd need mid-9s to hit 150 and pigs will fly in formation above the floor of a frozen hell before that will happen.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    At Nationals, Gracie got all mid-8s PCS scores for that 139. She'd need mid-9s to hit 150 and pigs will fly in formation above the floor of a frozen hell before that will happen.
    Oh, but haven't you heard? Gracie's pretty and has a classic Hollywood look, so that will automatically grant her 9.50's across the board.

Custom Title
    Both Russian girls PCS scores are ridiculous.

Mashimaro on Ice
    At best, Gracie has a shot at the bronze and it will take mistakes from several other skaters. I even think Adelina's chances aren't that strong. She isn't that consistent.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    After what happened at SLC, if cleanish Yuna loses to cleanish Russian girls, CoP will probably be gone next year.
    This cannot happen because they won't beat her on PCS or GOE on the 7 jumping passes. I think they will get close to her on PCS though if they marked the Russians so close to Carolina on neutral territory in Budapest. Yuna making a big mistake in the LP could open the door.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    I just finished watching Mao's short again and I have already seen YuNa's. I see no reason Mao and YuNa can't skate these programs to levels that at the very least will leave Adelina quaking in her skates and Julia feeling her young age.
    Lol, I did the exact same thing today and had the exact same reaction.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    If Yu Na does a clean short she will score atleast 76 in the short (and the Russians no higher than 72 something). Guaranteed. Her short at last years Worlds wasnt clean, she messed up a spin and had a lip call, and the program itself sucked anyway. Plus she wasnt established as the top dog anymore, which now she clearly is again. Mao will still have the potential to get a similar or even higher score if she skates a perfect short with the 3 axel, but nobody else.
    Agreed. The judges won't make the mistake of holding Yuna down again, especially when she proved that she can and will still dominate the rest of the competition without their help. And if they do, it'll be more than an issue of her skating in one of the first groups ... people will begin to suspect political motives that involve giving the home team a little nudge in the right direction.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    ROTFL this is almost as crazy as the poster who said clean Gold can get 150+.
    I might be the biggest Gracie fan on this forum (hold your fire -- I said MIGHT ) and ... that's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    didn't you forgot Gracie got higher PCS than even to Julia at Skate Canada, also last year Gracie got higher PCS at Worlds
    if she is clean realistically her jump Layout with her GOE she racks can catch up with Yuna's
    in figure skating looks and physical body type is also important, Gracie too has the upper hand to that
    There is no godly way that, IF Julia skates clean, she will not finish above Gracie, no matter what Gracie does. I am NOT going to try to convince you based on who should be scored higher (that won't matter) but the facts are this:

-Olympics are in Russia. There is no way that (again IF JULIA IS CLEAN) Gracie's PCS will be higher than Julia's, especially when Julia legitimately has better CH, IN, and PE this year (but even if she didn't, this point would still be true).
    -Julia is more familiar to the international judges and they will go in viewing her as a top contender. This is not true of Gracie. It would be folly to say it is. Julia came in second in the GPF (which Gracie didn't make it to) and first at Euros. Gracie's winning nationals is not comparable to this in the eyes of the judges. The judges will go in prepared to give Julia higher PCS than Gracie. Again, I am not commenting on the merits of this here- I know you don't care. I am stating a fact.

-Just as an FYI Julia wasn't at worlds last year. I am stymied by what you mean by saying Gracie got higher PCS at worlds. Higher PCS than what? The illusion of Julia in your head?

There is absolutely no way clean Gracie is going to beat clean Julia in Russia at the Olympics with her current track record. I am certain of this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Gracie scored 'only' an inflated 139 and change at Nationals for her FS. She'd NEVER get that in an ISU event for her Nationals FS, never mind 150.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I might be the biggest Gracie fan on this forum (hold your fire -- I said MIGHT ) and ... that's just ridiculous.
    Perhaps the biggest but certainly not the craziest.

Custom Title
    No, their scores are not ridiculous. Adelina and Julia's scores at Europeans were from international judges. Get it through your thick skulls that Adelina and Julia skate very well. Just because you don't appreciate their skating does not make it any less worthy of great PCS.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast