Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Should it have been a choice between Nagasu & Edmunds for final spot on U.S Olympic team?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    Why do people keep saying Mirai is without a coach? She was working very hard for months in Japan with her Japanese coach. Because he is not a USFS/PSA member, he could not coach her at Nationals. However, Mirai had her ballet coach, Galina Barinova, with her at Nationals. This is also the coach who accompanied her to 2011 4CC, when she had just about her best competition ever, save for the Olympics. Galina was able to accompany her to those competitions because she IS accredited by both USFS and PSA as a "real" skating coach. Nobody harped on Angela Nikodinov for not having a coach when she chose to switch to her ballet coach, Elena Tcherkaskaya, in 2001. In fact, that coach was responsible for transforming her. Angela found her confidence in her ballet coach; the same may be true for Mirai.
    She said herself that she would find a coach after nationals. So, Mirai did not have an official coach at Nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    I will understand and sympathize if Mirai decides to "hang them up" but my respect for her will grow immeasurably if she decides to persevere.
    It would be great if Marai had a lights out season and retired in triumph.

(However, part of me hopes she retires soon because every time she does well we will have a threads saying "See Marai should have been in the Olympics" and every time she does poorly the board will cry "See it's good she stayed home!")

Quote Originally Posted by ucrgirl View Post
    It would be great if Marai had a lights out season and retired in triumph.

(However, part of me hopes she retires soon because every time she does well we will have a threads saying "See Marai should have been in the Olympics" and every time she does poorly the board will cry "See it's good she stayed home!")
    It's Mirai - not Marai.

Well, Mr. Mura is now listed as her coach in her ISU bio and he did attend to her at 4CCs. We'll see how that new coaching situation goes in the coming months.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    It's Mirai - not Marai. Well, Mr. Mura is now listed as her coach in her ISU bio and he did attend to her at 4CCs. We'll see how that new coaching situation goes in the coming months.
    I think Mura will be a good fit for her. I think they will get down to it after 4CC. Look at the improvement between Rostelecom and Nationals. They need more time. I feel bad for her, Sammi, and Courtney having to do 4CC so quickly after an emotional Nationals for all of them. Next season will be interesting for sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4