Whom are you looking forward to in the Worlds? | Golden Skate

Whom are you looking forward to in the Worlds?

Forgetting the obvious skaters whom we all know you love, who else would you be looking forward to in the coming Worlds.

Please, this is not a prediction thread Just list some skaters who caught your fancy and are looking foward to seeing them skate, and who are not your favorites.

Joe

Last edited:
Ladies: Pavuk

Men: Lambiel

Pairs: Orscher and Lucash

Dance: Gregory and Petukhov

I want the above to skate their best, and let the good times roll.

Joe

insecureedge

On the Ice
Originally posted by Joesitz
Ladies: Pavuk

Men: Lambiel

Dance: Gregory and Petukhov

I want the above to skate their best, and let the good times roll.

Joe

Pavuk will not be at Dortmund.

As shown the Entries ISU Championships 2004 announcement, only six countries--Canada, Italy, Ukraine (2 skaters each), Japan, Russia, and the United States (3 skaters each)--qualified more than one woman to the 2004 World Championship based on last year's result. This is based on Julia Sebestyen's 14th place finish last year, which is below the 10th place finish required to secure two spots when only one lady competes. Therefore, we will only see Sebestyen, the 2004 European Ladies' Champion, and not Pavuk.

InsecureEdge

Matt

On the Ice
Men: Lambiel, van der Perren

Ladies: Miki Ando, Sebestyen (she'll finish higher than 14th)

Pairs: Obertas & Slavnov

Dance: Hoffman & Elek, Domnina & Shabalin; they're two teams I've heard a lot about, yet never seen

Insecureedge - No Pavuk at Worlds! that's a bummer for me. The posters are raving about her.

So I'll make a change in Ladies and say Miki Ando, and hope that Sebastyen places in top ten.

I'll also add Johnny Weir to the Men's list.

In Dance I'd like to see Wing and Lowe, also.

Joe

brenlynn

On the Ice
Ladies: Cohen, Kirk, Arakawa, Sokolova

Men: Weir, Savoie, Van der Perren

Dance: Belbin and Agosto, Gregory and Petukhov

I am sure there are more, but I'd like to actually look at a list. Does anyone know of an entries list yet?

shine

Record Breaker
Half of skaters whom I look forwrad to seeing the most will not even be there!! i.e. Smalun, Jeanette, Jahnke, Ota, L/T :cry:

indiaskye1

Rinkside
Well, the skaters I am most looking forward to seeing in Dortmund are ...

... Emanuel Sandhu, Brian Joubert, Sasha Cohen, Belbin & Agosto, Fumie Suguri, Shen & Zhao, Susanna Poekyoe, and a few more.

This has nothing to do with the fact that most of them are medal contenders ... they just happen to be the skaters I like best.

I am really excited since I will be in Dortmund for Worlds the entire week ... :D

Vanessa

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
MICHELLE!!!! Sorry, I had to!

Ladies: Liashenko, Manichenko (sp?)
Pairs: Inoue & Baldwin - One good performance from them and
I'll be a fan! They have the potential.
Ice Dance: Well, since it really isn't my favorite discipline, I
could include everyone. I am actually excited about this year's
competition. America has great medal hopes and I love both
teams, and I find the Canadian Champions very exciting as well!
Men: Weiss....okay, he may annoy me, but I would actually like
to see him live up to his potential.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Inoue & Baldwin--I really like this pair.

Kostner (Will she EVER get it together? Talk about hot and cold!)

Klimkin--I really like his skating--it's so original. Johnny Weir, Michael Weiss.

Shen & Zhao--my favorite pairs team, and I'm anxious to see their new program.

:love:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Definitely Shen and Zhao, (next to G and G, my all time fav in pairs), Weiss, Weir, Michelle, Sasha, Susanna, Fumie, Plushy....42

Kenji

Rinkside
Miki Ando,Julia Soldatova(if she appears for Russia)

Ilia Klimkin,Emanuel Sandu

Shen/Zhao,Totmiania/Malinin(in new program,not in cotton club)

Navka/Kostmarov

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
It's so good to finally read some complimentary things about Inoue & Baldwin! I too think that this is a pair that could really do well once they straighten out some of their technical glitches.

I'm looking forward to seeing Miki Ando. Am also looking forward to seeing the dance competition since dance doesn't get shown that often. This year I hope the coverage will be more complete; last year, we didn't get to see Denkova & Staviyisky due to a war update.

Johhny Coop - I'm looking forward to Inoue and Baldwin, too. I did see them in Atlanta and it was somewhat of a let down because the year before I thought they were terrific. So I am looking forward to that pizzazz they had last year.

I've never seen Ando and looking forward to it. I hope there is more than a quad there.

Joe

kasia16

On the Ice
ladies: definitely Caro Kostner (I really like her FP, She has wondreful jumps especially triple triple), Miki Ando (her quad)
(and of course my heart is with MIchelle :))

men: Brian Joubert

dance: Belbin / Agosto

pairs: Zagorska/Siudek, Inoue/Baldwin

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Men:Weir, Savoie, Joubert, Sandhu
Women:Kwan, Cohen, Kirk
Dance:Belbin/Agosto, Gregory/Petukhov, Denkova/Stavyiski
Pairs:Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
If Lambiel is the one who is the male version of Lucinda Ruh, yes him. Want to see how Weir does under the pressure and if he has a quad. Klimkin always, as he is one interesting skater. Miki Ando as I have not seen her yet. Irina Slut and yes I know she will not be there but I miss her so I thought I'd throw that in.

HI Yelyoh. You got it for me too.

Johnny, just to see if he can stand up and be counted. I see him as top 10, if he does.

Klimkin, because he is, imo, the best Russian skater, and I wouldn't object to him winning the gold.

Lambiel, too because he is, imo, the finest lyrial male skater on the scene.

Miki Ando - Who is she? Who was she? Who does she want to be? Hopefully she places high engough to be seen on TV. I think so many fans want to see that quad.

Joe

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I'm not sure who all of the obvious are, so I beg forgiveness up front if I mention any of them.

Men: Klimkin, Murvanidze, Verner, Berntsson (if he's going), Lambiel, van der Perren, Ferreira, Wilson (and mourning Buttle's and Jahnke's absence and Abt's retirement)

Ladies: Arakawa, Sebestyen, Poykio, Timoshenko, Karademir, Fang, Rochette, Maniachenko, Kostner, McCorkell, Marchei (and mourning Drei's absence and Giunchi's retirement)

Pairs: Totmianina/Marinin (because they never seem to be the "usual suspects", Zhang/Zhang, Volosozhar/Kharchenko, Lefrancois/Blanchard, Orscher/Lucash, Marcoux/Buntin (and mourning Borzenkova/Chivuyaev's absence)

Dance: Hoffmann/Elek, Wing/Lowe, Delobel/Schoenfelder, Domnina/Shabalin, Winkler/Lohse, Faiella/Scali, Kerrs

and all of the skaters from Mexico, Australia, and South Africa.