What's your nemesis move? | Golden Skate

What's your nemesis move?

• Thread starter Yazmeen42skater
  • Start date
Y

Yazmeen42skater

What's your nemesis move?

If you have one move/skill that is your absolute nemesis (or more than one)--the one that refuses to work or disappears and re-appears, vent it here!!!:evil:

Mine is the left forward inside three turn. I'm finally turning onto an edge not a flat, but its slooooooooowww progress. It drives me bonkers. :mad:

So what's yours?

S

sk8er1964

Re: What's your nemesis move?

The lutz. I have (IMO :lol: ) pretty good jumps - my axel is quite good for my age & size. But the lutz drives me nuts! I'm sure if I practiced it more it would improve, but I'm not fond of it so I often ignore it.

S

starshinexavier

Mine has to be my axel. Since I started landing them consistantly almost 6 years ago, I've lost it about 4 times. My 2 sal and 2 loop are more consistant than my axel and I've only recently started landing 2 loops consistant. 2 toes are also my nemesis, so I just don't do them, but at my level, you have to do axels :rolleyes:

J

jwcardinal11

Definitely the double as the second jump of a combination. I have a habit of going too far around before tapping for the toe, so I don't get the lift necessary to do the jump. I prefer to do the double loop as the second part of a combination. :eek:)

E

egskater0003

Mine would definately be the mohawks. My feet just don't seem to want to do them correctly. Then comes forward right crossovers(the opposite direction of my good side). I have to practice them so much and progessing slowly.

Also the half lutz. I hate gliding on a back left outside edge, perhaps I just don't like the jump so I don't practice it as much as I should.

My favorite jump is the flip. Can't quite make an entire revelution yet, but I feel a lot more confident doing this jump than any others. Going into the flip, I feel I have a good 3turn and control of edge (not leaning on toepick all the time) overall a good set up, now I just have to put some more power into making the entire revelution and not two foot it. Only jumps I can land are single salcow and toe loop.

S

Skatecat

Definately my BO-FI Threeturns. I hate them and I don`t know why they aren´t working. I didn`t practice anythíng so often like those threeturns.
My favorite elements are sit-spins and spirals.

L

Lanechka

I don't like back right x-overs. My back left x-overs are good and that's really the only way I go around the rink, but I look like a bubmling idiot doing back right x-overs. I also DESPISE two foot spins. I hate spinning. I get dizzy and never get enough speed and can never exit gracefully. I just kind of stop and go, ARG!

I love waltzes and half flips. Only jumps I know. :D I also love spirals, especially catch foots.

K

Kayskates

nemesis

BI3s. These are the hardest (for me). I do them very slowly and have worked on them for a long time. Since they are not an energetic or fun move, I do not practice them enough. Maybe once around the rink per session.

Kay
www.skatejournal.com

C

Cinderella On Ice

Re: nemesis

Oddly enough, the reverse spin. Or is it called a back spin? When I do them right, they are just lovely. High speed, good position, pretty smooth exit. Problem is, they just come and go! One time, I'll do several in a row and they are "perfect." The next one, I practically fall out of it. I can land all of my single jumps, sometimes an axel, can do a flying camel, camel/sit, and scratch spin, but this is the thing that gives me trouble!!! :rolleyes:

S

Sk8Harvest

Nemesis move

For me, backspin is one, and back inside 3's. My loop jump used to be on this list but after over a year of working on it I am finally landing it.