2014 4cc Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 4cc Short Dance

burntBREAD

Medalist
Just noticed that Hirai/De La Ascuncion skated to a foxtrot version of "Creep" by Radiohead. That song does NOT fit a Finnstep at all. :laugh:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, Turbo-Mom!

What a nice skate for Alexandra and Daniel!

And... they're in podium position! Good for them, and for you!

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
It has to be really difficult for the athletes, too, especially those who just came from their well-attended Nationals.

True. I was at Canadian Nationals, and it was packed - particularly the final night where I think the organizers said it was sold out.

I'm sure the American skaters find it a bit odd too.

samson

Medalist
^ I think they would. Even though the arena wasn't filled to capacity there were still tons of people in the crowd. I don't know the numbers for Ice Dance, but apparently the 2014 Ladies Free was the single largest attended event at Nationals since the 2002 Ladies Free.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Hopefully the events tomorrow will be better-attended, but perhaps this is the way it will be for the whole week.

Has the event not been well-advertised in Taipei?

They have a gala scheduled in a few days, too. Hopefully that will get some attendees! :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is there no video of Dani and Greg?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
True. I was at Canadian Nationals, and it was packed - particularly the final night where I think the organizers said it was sold out.

I'm sure the American skaters find it a bit odd too.

I was there on the final night. :) It was in fact sold out.