Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time for Mirai to prove that she is serious.

♥ My Mirai's Golden Pond ♥ Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I hope she continues to train with Mura in Japan. There was noticeable improvement between NHK to Rostelecom to Nationals. She doesn't really have any other choice but to stick with her programs but I do hope On Golden Pond becomes a short program I hope she kills it at 4CC and at least gets to go to Worlds.
    It'd be a dream come true if somehow Mirai (perhaps with Adam's help) were able to turn 'On Golden Pond' into a competitive program.

I hope Mirai has two great skates at 4CCs no matter what happens. And I hope she's back next season with a new fire in her heart.

She'll be first up in the SP in the Final warm up group. I don't recall if that's usually a good spot for her but as she's coming right off of warm ups I guess it's good - she won't have time to think too much and get nervous!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sochi_2014 View Post
    I think 1 of 2 scenarios will pan out for Mirai:

1. She will channel her anger and turn it into something positive, setting herself up for next season well and getting back "in" with the international judges.

OR

2. She will self-implode because of her frustration

Hopefully it will be #1!
    See, it's a total lose-lose situation. She does well, the nutjobs set up the hue and cry, waaah, waaah, waaah, she should have gone to Sochi. She loses, the nutjobs set up the hue and cry, waaaaah, waaah, waaaah, the big mean evil USFSA broke her little heart and now she can't skate.

Custom Title
    I always hope for the best for Mirai but it's not time for anything. She's already tried to prove her point.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    See, it's a total lose-lose situation. She does well, the nutjobs set up the hue and cry, waaah, waaah, waaah, she should have gone to Sochi. She loses, the nutjobs set up the hue and cry, waaaaah, waaah, waaaah, the big mean evil USFSA broke her little heart and now she can't skate.
    pretty much.

Custom Title
    I'd like to see her skate well and build momentum into the next season if she continues. If she wants to make it back to Worlds her campaign needs to begin now.

Medalist
    You can see her applauding to Mura's SP @3:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4q6-FPbuuk

Go Mirai!

Quote Originally Posted by bluelutz View Post

Go Mirai!
    Aww she's so sweet GO MIRAI SLAY!!!

It's win-win for Mirai. She has a good chance to make the podium, maybe silver behind only Murakami. And if she doesn't, onward and upward, see ya next year, and thanks for all the fish. I mean, thanks for all the support.

♥ My Mirai's Golden Pond ♥ Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I'd like to see her skate well and build momentum into the next season if she continues. If she wants to make it back to Worlds her campaign needs to begin now.
    ITA with this. Mirai usually starts her season slow, loses a GP then comes back and medals in the next. If she's staying in the she's got to figure out a way (if she can) to come out guns blazing beginning with the summer competitions and build from there.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelutz View Post

Go Mirai!
    Thanks!

Go Mirai!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2