Pairs- Short Program 4cc 2014 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs- Short Program 4cc 2014

gold12345

Medalist
One of the isu's own events is barely qualifying for points legitimacy! It's own members are not even filling all their slots! It's extreme how much of a snub this event is getting! Treating it as legit is almost a joke! Might as well just hand out the same amount of points to every team. It's glorified practice and glorified exhibition. The holding of this is not even good for development of pairs as pairs that could be developed aren't being sent!!

Who should be sent that isn't being sent?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Referee Robert ROSENBLUTH USA
Tech Controller Florence VUYLSTEKER FRA
Tech Spec Igor BICH RUS
Asst Tech Spec Lorenzo MAGRI ITA

Judges:
1 Mona ADOLFSEN NOR
2 Sasha MARTINEZ MEX
3 Emilie BILLOW SWE
4 Hailan JIANG CHN
5 Jeff LUKASIK CAN
6 Ayumi KOZUKA JPN
7 Wendy ENZMANN USA
8 Chihee RHEE KOR
9 Krunoslava CUMIC SRB

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If this event were cancelled, then ISU ranking points could not be awarded for European Pairs. It would not be fair to the seven North American and Asian pairs that did show up to prevent them from earning points just because more teams weren't sent.

That's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nice performance by Kayne/O'Shea! Besides being a bit crashy on the 3twist, it was a solid performance!

samson

Medalist
Kayne and O Shea just threw it DOWN!

Right now their TES is 36.3

Their personal best is 49.58. They should be able to surpass that tonight.

samson

Medalist
Aaaaaaaaaand 62.05. Sailing into the lead and shattering their personal best! Great skate for them!

samson

Medalist
The only team that won't need a personal best to go ahead of that score is Sui and Han.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aaaaaaaaaand 62.05. Sailing into the lead and shattering their personal best! Great skate for them!

And it looks like they will keep the lead for their group. This current pair looks a bit rough.

samson

Medalist
Definitely a rough skate/weak first group.

Does anyone else have a hard time watching Mervin Tran? It's really too bad Tran and Takahashi couldn't work out. Part of me wonders if even if they couldn't go to the oylmpics, if they weren't better off sticking together. Hopefully both teams will prove me wrong and we'll see multiple world medals and olympic showings from both teams but still...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Definitely a rough skate/weak first group.

Does anyone else have a hard time watching Mervin Tran? It's really too bad Tran and Takahashi couldn't work out. Part of me wonders if even if they couldn't go to the oylmpics, if they weren't better off sticking together. Hopefully both teams will prove me wrong and we'll see multiple world medals and olympic showings from both teams but still...

I agree they probably were better off staying together, but ultimately if Narumi's goal was to go to the Olympics, she had to do what she needed to do.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I could be wrong, but I thought the Japanese federation asked Narumi to switch partners after Mervin couldn't get citizenship?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I could be wrong, but I thought the Japanese federation asked Narumi to switch partners after Mervin couldn't get citizenship?

That's what was thought initially, but Mervin said in an interview that Narumi was the one that ultimately decided to end the partnership.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
That's what was thought initially, but Mervin said in an interview that Narumi was the one that ultimately decided to end the partnership.

Hmm. I guess it's understandable if she wanted to go to the Olympics since she was a young child and couldn't have her dream realized with MT, but I might rather win a few world medals than finish around 15th at the Olympics. Of course, Narumi and Kihara could improve a lot by 2018 and have a shot at winning a medal.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hmm. I guess it's understandable if she wanted to go to the Olympics since she was a young child and couldn't have her dream realized with MT, but I might rather win a few world medals than finish around 15th at the Olympics. Of course, Narumi and Kihara could improve a lot by 2018 and have a shot at winning a medal.

Yes, I agree and perhaps they would have been able to make a case for citizenship for 2018...but yes, I hope both pairs do well ultimately.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Glad to see Alexa and Chris have a good performance. That should score well.

samson

Medalist
I suppose when you're young and the goal is OLYMPICS the answer is clear.

In any event GREAT skate by Alexa and Chris. So much cleaner and confident than nationals to me. They needed a personal best to go ahead of Tara and Danny and I think this will do it.