2014 Four Continents- Men's Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Four Continents- Men's Short Program

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Joshua has the attack and passion for tango but I wish he'd have a little bit more preciseness, and bluntly, sexual chemistry. He has the best spins of the field so far though and I hope they reward him for that. The lack of 3-3 is going to hurt him though, also is just me or do his flip and lutz look exactly the same?

LOL, I've been wondering all season why they gave Joshua, who seems to be a prototypically "nice guy you bring home to meet the folks," a tango. A tango! The sexiest of all dances! Holy Cognitive Dissonance Batman! I agree with you on his attack and passion, which are indeed wonderful. Why not harness that to some really great raucous jazz. Think some of the more experimental Duke Ellington pieces. Or something more avant dance pop like The Art of Noise or Woodkid. I think it would really stretch his considerable talents, contrast nicely with the elegance of his Schindler's FD, and make him stand out (but not in a what the ___?! way like this tango is doing).

Ok, these crazy hours to watch these programs live are getting to me! LOL!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adam RIPPON (USA)

Music: Suite from Carmen for Strings and Drums by Georges Bizet and Rodion Shchedrin

High-waisted black pants, dark red shiny shirt w/ gold stones on hem

3A - tilted, stepout
FSSp
CCSp
3Lz - 'Rippon
3F+2T - slow out of flip
StSq
CCoSp

Jump-wise not the best, so that's going to cost on TES

SP: 35.94+36.96 = 72.90, in 6th (out of 22)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
gee Adam... no quad, no 3-3 and a shaky 3axel... and where is Rafael? why isnt he here with him?? Carroll came down for Denis....

zamboni step

Final Flight
Adam Rippon really needs to work on his speed, I'm pretty sure I saw people getting up and walking out of the rink faster than him during his performance. That last spin was amazing, the US men really do have the best spins of the competition. The 3F looked UR to me, definitely in the replay.

Trewyn

Medalist
Rafael isn't there? Did he stay with Ashley in Cali? I was wondering about that... Thought maybe Ashley was spending the days with Nicks if Raf was in Taipei.

Too bad this wasn't a great skate for Adam :(

zamboni step

Final Flight
LOL, I've been wondering all season why they gave Joshua, who seems to be a prototypically "nice guy you bring home to meet the folks," a tango. A tango! The sexiest of all dances! Holy Cognitive Dissonance Batman! I agree with you on his attack and passion, which are indeed wonderful. Why not harness that to some really great raucous jazz. Think some of the more experimental Duke Ellington pieces. Or something more avant dance pop like The Art of Noise or Woodkid. I think it would really stretch his considerable talents, contrast nicely with the elegance of his Schindler's FD, and make him stand out (but not in a what the ___?! way like this tango is doing).

Ok, these crazy hours to watch these programs live are getting to me! LOL!

I agree he'd be looking for something a bit more innocent but still full of passion and attack, it would definitely highlight the difference between his exuberant, energetic almost frantic style, and his introverted, understated elegant style. Right now Jason Brown is leaving him behind in the dust and the best thing he can do is cling on by displaying a diverse artistic ability with contrasting programs.

You're telling me about crazy hours? I'm getting up at 4am on Saturday, to watch the Ladies Free Skating, and only three of my favourites are competing! :laugh:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN)

Music: Unsquare Dance by Dave Brubeck

Black pants, black vest with white front, red pocket square

4T - twofooted, looked << in replay
3A - bit forward
CCoSp
3Lz+3T - close to the boards, saved it
CCSp
FSSp
StSq

Mistakes on the first two jumping passing. If he get full credit for the quad, I think it's be enough for 1st, otherwise close 2nd

SP: 37.66+38.99 = 76.85, in 3rd (out of 23)

Trewyn

Medalist
Only 3rd place :no: But the quad looked UR... Otoh, Kozuka skating to jazz never fails to cheer me up :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Keiji TANAKA (JPN)

Music: Instinct Rhapsody

Black pants, black shirt with sparkly blue details and frilly hems

3A
2F+2T - big mistake, meant to be 3+3
CCSp
3Lo
FSSp
StSq - small stumble
CCoSp

Ouch, very costly mistake on the combo...

SP: 30.32+32.29 = 62.61, in 12th (out of 24)

zamboni step

Final Flight
Tanaka's jumping technique isn't good enough, the pops weren't surprising considering how much upper body movement he puts into his jumps and the mule kick.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahito MURA (JPN)

Music: Minnie the Moocher by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; Jumpin' Jack by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Black shiny pants with belt. Lavender shirt.

4T
3A
CCoSp
3Lz+3T
CCSp
StSq
FSSp

Jumping-wise the strongest tonight, by far. Should take the lead.

SP: 46.50+37.71 = 84.21 (PB), in 1st (out of 25)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christopher CALUZA (PHI)

Music: some piano music

Black pants, white satin V-neck shirt

... nice spiral
2A
3Lo+3Lo - solid attempt, maybe <
CCSp
3Lz
StSq
CCoSp
FSSp

No triple axel, but solid skate. He seems happy.

SP: 35.84+32.00 = 67.84 (PB), in 11th (out of 26)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think Adam wants to be here to be honest. He probably just wants the season to end.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Abzal RAKIMGALIEV (KAZ)

Music: Jazz Medley by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Black pants, pink shirt w/ black suspenders
3F+2T - bit forward on flip
3A
3Lo - bit scratchy
FCSp
StSq - un- and re-crossing his suspenders throughout?!
CCoSp
CSSp

SP: 32.90+29.35 = 62.25 (PB), in 15th (out of 27)

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 84.21 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 82.13 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Nan SONG (CHN) - 78.71 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 76.85 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 76.34 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Jeremy TEN (CAN) - 75.21 Short Program
7. Joshua FARRIS (USA) - 74.85 Short Program
8. Adam RIPPON (USA) - 72.90 Short Program
9. Jinlin GUAN (CHN) - 71.06 Short Program
10. Nam NGUYEN (CAN) - 68.17
11. Christopher CALUZA (PHI) - 67.84
12. Misha GE (UZB) - 65.26 Short Program
13. Elladj BALDE (CAN) - 64.33 Short Program
14. Keiji TANAKA (JPN) - 62.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
15. Abzal RAKIMGALIEV (KAZ) - 62.25
16. Dong Won LEE (KOR) - 61.16 Short Program

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Oh, Adam, breaking my heart. I will say, things looked super-tense between Rafael and Adam in the K&C at Nationals. Maybe that's only understandable given how the event turned out for Adam. I think it's sad if those two are parting... But yeah, my guess would his heart is not in it. :( :(