11. Christopher CALUZA (PHI) - 67.84
12. Misha GE (UZB) - 65.26 Short Program
13. Elladj BALDE (CAN) - 64.33 Short Program
14. Keiji TANAKA (JPN) - 62.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
15. Abzal RAKIMGALIEV (KAZ) - 62.25
16. Dong Won LEE (KOR) - 61.16 Short Program

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Looks like the Canadian boys are going to have a rough time getting to the podium at this event, unless Jeremy Ten has a comeback.

And with some of the less than stellar results so far in the Pairs & Ladies, I'm beginning to wonder if Dance may be Canada's only medal at this event.

I don't think Canada is going to fare well at all. IN men they have Kozuka and Denis ahead and they aren't eve in medal position yet. Dennis must feel some pressure as with injuries and such he has no looked good andif he isn't careful those pcs will start falling faster than Justin Bieber gets involves in scandals.

Coriana

On the Ice
I don't think Canada is going to fare well at all. IN men they have Kozuka and Denis ahead and they aren't eve in medal position yet. Dennis must feel some pressure as with injuries and such he has no looked good andif he isn't careful those pcs will start falling faster than Justin Bieber gets involves in scandals.

Too bad they don't award gold for scandals. Not only do we have Justin as a shoe in, we have Rob Ford who would get the platinum.
I would be thrilled for Jeremy Ten if he could have a good skate and climb to fifth. If Nam Nguyen can hang on, that too would be fabulous. Ellaje - well - a skate he was happy with would be nice. We don't have great depth in men's and we're all the way up to our ankles in women. But we have a relatively small population. The fact the we have top skaters going to the Olys, and our multiple contenders in pairs and dance can keep us in good cheer with only one medal in 4CC. And after all, Kevin won last year.

phaeljones

On the Ice
. . . I would be thrilled for Jeremy Ten if he could have a good skate and climb to fifth. If Nam Nguyen can hang on, that too would be fabulous. Ellaje - well - a skate he was happy with would be nice. We don't have great depth in men's . . .

All true. Nevertheless, I am really pleased with Jeremy Ten's skate. I loved watching it. I never expected him to podium so where he sits is okay with me. But he is still one of my favorite skaters to watch, especially when he skates so smoothly as he did in his short. This is the Jeremy Ten I like. And I never thought he would be ahead of Farris or Rippon in the scores or within 2 of Kozuka even in respect of the short. . . ever.

I am really proud of Nam. He is still acquiring the fundamentals, and even though there is not a lot of speed or flow in portions of his skate, it appears that he is really taking his time to work on the precision. I really like what he has done. He achieved a personal best in his short score, and given the way these judges are not being very generous with pcs, that is a real accomplishment.

Because of computer issues, I have not got to see Balde's skate yet, but I just want to hug him for being there and representing us. Just for his being a skater: Thank you!

But I think there is a lot of disheartenment affecting the skates (Rippon especially).

And I have to say if there was ever a tournament where the judges should not be real hardheads about pcs, it should be this one. But holy macaroni, those are low pc scores they are handing out. Think how bad this is. Here are the consolation skaters coming to a tournament for possible redemption, many of them not feeling so good having seen their dreams of competing at the Olympics go down the drain, and, adding salt to the open wound, they get judges who are super tough on pc scores. The empty stands don't help with the overall feeling either. Rather mismanaged through and through by the powers who should know better and can do better. The skaters deserve better.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Too bad they don't award gold for scandals. Not only do we have Justin as a shoe in, we have Rob Ford who would get the platinum.
I would be thrilled for Jeremy Ten if he could have a good skate and climb to fifth. If Nam Nguyen can hang on, that too would be fabulous. Ellaje - well - a skate he was happy with would be nice. We don't have great depth in men's and we're all the way up to our ankles in women. But we have a relatively small population. The fact the we have top skaters going to the Olys, and our multiple contenders in pairs and dance can keep us in good cheer with only one medal in 4CC. And after all, Kevin won last year.

It's certainly frustrating that when Canada makes headlines in other countries, it tends to be people like Rob Ford & Justin Bieber and their antics. Our country doesn't tend to make the news often, and when it does it's because of Rob Ford's drugs & drinking, & Bieber being arrested. :mad: Ford was even parodied on Saturday Night Live.

As for 4CC, it will be interesting if Piper & Paul end up being Canada's only medal at this event. I hope Skate Canada will be appreciative and give them some nice GP assignments next season. :)