What's your secret for a good two foot spin? | Golden Skate

What's your secret for a good two foot spin?

Y

Yazmeen42skater

What's your secret for a good two foot spin?

OK, this is a tough move for me. I'm not a natural spinner and I have sinus trouble, so that doesn't help.

Its gradually getting better, but all suggestions are appreciated!! What works for you?

Thanks,

Beth (Yaz)

D

dlksk8fan

Re: What's your secret for a good two foot spin?

Beth-
Having good posture will help. Keep your body tight. If you body is leaning all over the place it will be hard to center your spin. Don't lean back on your blades. Find what they call the "sweet spot" on the blades, just back from the toe pick on the ball of your foot.

Now that you are all balanced and ready to go you need to twist to the right and then quickly to the left to start the spin. You will be on the blades and not the toe pick. If you are spinning counterclockwise the weight will be on the ball of your left foot and the heel of your right(not too far back on the heel). As you begin spinning bring you arms in close to your body to gain speed.

Now your ready to do a one foot spin:eek:

The more you spin the more you will get a feel for it so keep spinning!

C

Cinderella On Ice

Re: What's your secret for a good two foot spin?

For me, it was important to make sure my arms were always even. Sounds simple, but when I first watched the videos, I could see that my right arm was lower and it was throwing off my centering.