Who are your top 10 Ladies? | Golden Skate

Who are your top 10 Ladies?

So whom do you think will be in a) the top 3 Ladies at Worlds? b) the next 2? and c) the reamining 5? to make the top 10

You may list them in order or if you prefer as I do, in no particular order. (Don't let your heart get in the way of your head,)

The eligible Ladies are: Seguri; Arakawa; Ando; Robinson; Rochette; Sebastyen; Sokolova; Oblasova; Slutskaya; Kostner; Kwan, Cohen; Kirk.

If I listed someone who is not eligible or someone I left out who is eligible, let us know.

Now go for it. :)

Joe

In no particular order:

Top 3:

Cohen
Kwan
Arakawa

Next 2:

Seguri
Sebastyen

Remaining 5:

Slytskaya (if she skates)
Kirk
Rochette
Sokolova
Kostner

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
Same as men's, no particular order....for top three:

Kwan
Seguri
Arakawa

Next two:

Sokolova
Cohen (I suppose)

Final 5 of the top ten:

Ando
Kirk
Sebestyn
Robinson
Rochette

Kwan
Cohen
Arakawa

Seguri
Kirk

Sebestyn
Sokolova
Ando
Robinson
Kostner

(If Irina Slutskya skates, I think she'll be 4th so everyone from 4th down will have to be moved down a spot in my "predictions" above)

kimori

Spectator
Okay My top 3 would be

1.)Kwan- Just a for a safe bet

2.)Ando-This is just a wild prediction cause I never saw her skate but every year theres always somebody who's gonna make a breakthrough!

3.)Cohen- This (same as last year) the story will be again Kwan vs Cohen but every time one of these two will falter!

My next two

4.)Arakawa
5)Suguri

The remaining five are

6.)Liashenko
7.)Sebestyen
8.)Sokolova
9.)Robinson
10.)Rochette

I think its unfair to say these are the only ladies who are eligable for the top 10 every year half of the expected top ten doesn't even do well and half comes out to be a suprise!

dewet

Final Flight
Medalists
1.Kwan
2.Suguri
3.Cohen

Next two
4.Arakawa
5.Sebestyen

The rest
6.Liashenko
7.Sokolova
8.Kirk
9.Poykio
10.Ando

If Slutskaya skates, stick her after Liashenko.

dewet

Final Flight
Joesitz said:

The eligible Ladies are: Seguri; Arakawa; Ando; Robinson; Rochette; Sebastyen; Sokolova; Oblasova; Slutskaya; Kostner; Kwan, Cohen; Kirk.

Joe
Oblasova probably isn't even going to Worlds with her sixteenth place at Europeans. Even if she does though, she doesn't have a hope at finishing in the top ten.

pairsfan

On the Ice
top three

Kwan
Cohen
Suguri

next two

Liashenko or Sebestyen (not both)
Ando or Arakawa

6-10

Kirk
Sokolova
Ando or Arakawa
Liashenko or Sebestyen
Robinson

Last edited:

Kenji

Rinkside
Kwan
Suguri
Cohen

Arakawa
Sebestyen

Kirk
Liashenko
Sokolova
Poykio
Ando

Oh,my prediction is almost same as dewet's

:laugh:

jesslily

Final Flight
Depending on Sasha's skating. If she, Michelle, Suguri, and Arakawa have similar dificulty and all skate well and clean, Sasha could be 2nd. If she falls on last jump and flutzs badly, Sasha would be 4th.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Every time I count Fumie out, she comes back a winner and lands on the podium. So, I've got to count her among the top 5, with a very strong chance of another World bronze medal, alongside Sasha & Michelle.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Kwan, Sokolova, Cohen for the podium.

Suguri, Arakawa, Sebetyen, Liashenko, Kostner, Kirk, Soldatova, Poykio.

This is a prediction, not what I hope will happen.

Matt

On the Ice
1. Michelle Kwan USA
2. Shizuka Arakawa JPN
3. Sasha Cohen USA
4. Fumie Suguri JPN
5. Julia Sebestyen HUN
6. Miki Ando JPN
7. Elena Liashenko UKR
8. Elena Sokolova RUS
9. Jenny Kirk USA
10. Susanna Poykio FIN

Gipson

Rinkside
1. Michelle Kwan
2. Fumie Suguri
3. Sasha Cohen
4. Elena Sokolova
5. Shizuka Arakawa
6. Elena Liashenko
7. Julia Sebestyen
8. Miki Ando
9. Carolina Kostner
10. Jenny Kirk

youarewhipped

Match Penalty
How I see it:

I think this will be a typical year at worlds; Sasha will do a good short, but stumble several times in the long, Fumie will have some sloppy sections of her long but will medal after her typical solid short, a Russian will take second and Michelle will win with a dissapointingly conservative long that she's been doing since she was 13 with six triples and no 3-3. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Michelle, she's my favorite skater. I just wish she'd surprise us and challenge herself.

Now I'll get detailed:

1. Michelle Kwan-Although recentley I had a dream that she was injured and 6th after the short, I still think that she'll win. The judges like her, the fans like her, she is exactly where she should be mentally and she said she's been working the 3-3's, but it's probably just hype. I want her to win, and I think she will. She also has more true emotion than any other lady, no fake Sasha Cohen or that dramatic Russian presentation here.

2. Elena Sokolova-NO LONGER POUNDCAKE! Did anyone see European's? Woweee! She pulled it together. Yes the skating was awful, her spirals suck, her spins were slow as molasses, but did you see those jumps??!! Ok yes, she doubled the second 3z, but those two 3-3's! Maybe the second 3 on those combo's were a little questionable, but either way, a very ambitious program executed well! I am so happy for her, she lost about 20 pounds and man has she been training. I think she'll nail it at worlds, maybe with a small error like at Euros, but that presentation mark will go way down to Michelle.

3. Fumie Suguri-she's probably feeling confident after the GPF win as she should. I love watching her skate, she is so fast and powerful with such nice edges. I just think that if Elena hits her jumps, she'll oust Fumie. Fumie will probably not do a 3-3 (although she's done 3z-3t in the past) and in her longs, usually one of her triples is messed up, whether she pops, two-foots or steps out. If Elena makes one or more serious mistakes, or a combination of small errors, Fumie is an easy 2nd. If Michelle messes up, Fumie could pull another upset.

4. Shizuka Arakawa-Man has this girl improved! I really like watching her skate, she's fast, nice and subtle edges, spins have gotten better and those jumps....yea those jumps. She usually hits the 3z-3t and has attempted 2 3-3's in one long. She hasn't had any disasters lately so she should be in good shape. Again, if anyone above her messes up, she'll probably oust them without a problem.

5. Miki Ando-She probably isn't where she needs to be right now politically. Isn't this her first big senior international also? There will be a lot of pressure on her, and I bet she'll land the quad but other easier jumps may go as they have in the past. Even if she skates clean, I don't think she'll be rewarded properly. Her presentation is very good and she manipulates her long limbs nicely.

6. Sasha Cohen-Typical skates for Sasha, no more, no less. Maybe she'll even mess up the short like in the GPF. She'll start off great in the long, miss that 3t (she always does, maybe she shouldn't do 3t) and then she will have trouble regaining her composure, by the time she does, it will be too late. This field is just too strong for her to make mistakes on jumps.

7. Julia Sebastyen-She won Europeans, so she'll be confident and in good politcal standing. Those jumps are great, especially the 3z. She just never does a fully clean long. I expect 4-5 triples, and then she'll pop and step out of the remaining two she planned. If she skates clean, I still don't think they'll move her up that much, maybe to fifthish. I really like her presentation though, she does skate like the typical European woman with the flailing arms and dramatic face and lack of extension (cough Sokolova cough).

8. Elena Liashenko-She looked good at Euros, but a little slow and it wasn't her best. I think she'll do better at Worlds, but again she'll skate similar to the way Sebastyen skates but without the same level of presentation, spins and pop in her jumps.

9. Jenny Kirk-She never really surprises anyone. She skates lacklusterly and never stands up to the pressure. Where is the killer instinct? Also I think that she doesn't have the Senior level presentation yet and the jumps are a little spazzy looking and often cheated. She needs time to develop.

10. Carolina Kostner-Too much has been expected of her from the begining and she hasn't been able to stand up to it yet. For instance, why was she 11th at Worlds last year and 5th at Europeans? She should have won Europeans. She needs time to develop mentally.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Kwan
Suguri
Cohen

Arakawa
Ando

Kirk
Sokolova
Sebastyen
Laishenko
Rochette

If Irina shows up, top five but no podium this year.

rain

Record Breaker
In no particular order:

Michelle Kwan
Fumie Suguri
Sasha Cohen
Shizuka Arakawa
Elena Liashenko
Elena Sokolova
Julia Sebastyen
Joannie Rochette
Jenny Kirk
Japanese girl who won 4CC

jesslily

Final Flight
I don't think Sasha will skate that poor as youarewhipped predicted. I think Sasha will skate a great short program as she did at US National. In her competitive history, most time Sasha could do great short programs. If she really benefit from Robin Waganer's teaching, she should skate a clean long program too. But I don't know Robin can fix her flutz. Robin did not fix sarah Hughs' flutz.
If Sasha skate two clean programs I think she definitly will be 2nd.
If she falls on one jump, she'll be fourth after Fumie and Sebestyen.