Ladies SP - 2014 4CC | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 4CC

samson

Medalist
^alas I think we're looking at 3:40 am for Mirai's skate if you're on the pacific coast.

samson

Medalist
folks on the east coast are better off going to sleep now and waking up for the final flight of ladies if that's what they want to see the most.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
rosewood from FSU kindly provided these practice reports (via a user's twitter):

Tuesday reports by the same twitter user:
https://twitter.com/ppsk8/status/425690070264201216

Tuesday morning ladies' practice

Kanako's LP runthrough: She nailed beautiful 3T-3T and 3Lz, didn't go for the 3Lo since another skater was in her course. And then she landed 3Lo-2T, 3F, 2A and 3L-2Lo-2Lo. Her jumps had good flow besides the 3F. Her jumps looked solid. Especially 3T-3T was huge and also had good flow so it seems she can expect good GOE for it. After the runghrough, she practiced the footworks in the short program. She looked very calm and in good shape all in all.

Satoko's SP runthrough: She was in her short program dress. She put her hands down on the opening 3Lz but managed to add the second jump to it. 3F and 2A had flow, those jumps looked good enough to receive plus GOE. She did footsteps cautiously. After the runthrough she did 2A-3Ts, the combo looked solid. Her jumps looked solid in yesterday/today's practices.

Haruka's LP runthrough: She did the runthrough in good speed, she went for single rotation jumps. After the runthrough she practiced 2A-3Ts and all of them were clean.

http://pigeon-post.net/events/2014Fo...ates.html#22_4

Wednesday afternoon ladies practice

Mirai's SP runthrough: She nailed 3T-3T, 3Lo and 2A. all clean. After the runthrough she did 3Lzs.

Courtney's LP runthrough: She landed 3F-2T, skipped some elements, did inna baure into 3Lz and 3F. After the runthrough she landed many 3F-3Ts. Her skating was powerful and also had good speed. Her jumps looked huge.

Samantha's LP runthrough: She skipped jumps, did spins and footworks. After the runthrough she did 3Lo-3Los, the rotation looked OK, she nailed about a half of them.

So it sounds like all the ladies' practices went well. Can't wait for the competition!

Harness

Rinkside
Thanks for the practice report!

Glad to know the practices went so well, and best of luck to Mirai, Samantha and Courtney.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ugh. None of the live streams are working for me now! :/ I hope I can find something before the ladies hit the ice later on.

eta: Ok, they're showing Ice Dancing here: http://tv-online.in/videoland-sports-纬来体育台

It's choppy. buffering like crazy but better than nothing.

What we figure skating fans have been reduced to. Ah, the good old days of ESPN....:disapp:

lovintabbs85

Rinkside
rosewood from fsu kindly provided these practice reports (via a user's twitter):

Tuesday reports by the same twitter user:
https://twitter.com/ppsk8/status/425690070264201216

tuesday morning ladies' practice

kanako's lp runthrough: She nailed beautiful 3t-3t and 3lz, didn't go for the 3lo since another skater was in her course. And then she landed 3lo-2t, 3f, 2a and 3l-2lo-2lo. Her jumps had good flow besides the 3f. Her jumps looked solid. Especially 3t-3t was huge and also had good flow so it seems she can expect good goe for it. After the runghrough, she practiced the footworks in the short program. She looked very calm and in good shape all in all.

Satoko's sp runthrough: She was in her short program dress. She put her hands down on the opening 3lz but managed to add the second jump to it. 3f and 2a had flow, those jumps looked good enough to receive plus goe. She did footsteps cautiously. After the runthrough she did 2a-3ts, the combo looked solid. Her jumps looked solid in yesterday/today's practices.

Haruka's lp runthrough: She did the runthrough in good speed, she went for single rotation jumps. After the runthrough she practiced 2a-3ts and all of them were clean.

http://pigeon-post.net/events/2014fo...ates.html#22_4

wednesday afternoon ladies practice

mirai's sp runthrough: She nailed 3t-3t, 3lo and 2a. All clean. After the runthrough she did 3lzs.

Courtney's lp runthrough: She landed 3f-2t, skipped some elements, did inna baure into 3lz and 3f. After the runthrough she landed many 3f-3ts. Her skating was powerful and also had good speed. Her jumps looked huge.

Samantha's lp runthrough: She skipped jumps, did spins and footworks. After the runthrough she did 3lo-3los, the rotation looked ok, she nailed about a half of them.

So it sounds like all the ladies' practices went well. Can't wait for the competition!

thank you so much!!!!!! ;)

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
My pleasure!

Ot, I've held out for years but I think I'm finally going to break down and subscribe to Ice Network. These choppy feeds that keep freezing just won't do.

Back ot, it's 3:25Am in my neck of the woods. I hope I can hang long enough for Mirai, Courtney, Sam, and all the penultimate, final group ladies!! The best skaters are in those flights!

Now they're showing some kind of pool event. I hope they go back for the ladie's event! :confused:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tae Kyung KIM (KOR)

Music: Matrix Revolution (soundtrack)

Black open back dress w/ silver sparkly square pattern on front

3T+3T - fall, last toe looked borderline << on replay
3Lz - fall
FSSp
LSp
2A - fall
StSq
CCoSp

Ouch, quite a meltdown with falls on all three jumps...

SP: 24.14+17.77-3.00 = 38.91, in 1st (out of 1)

She's crying in Kiss n Cry

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Crystal KIANG (TPE)

Music: Leeloos Tune by Maksim Mrvica

Light pink dress w/ cutouts in the sides.

3F - twofooted/stepout, looked about <<
StSq
3Lo+3Lo - twofooted on 1st, stepout on 2nd, looked 3Lo<<+3Lo<
CCoSp
2A - no ice coverage
LSp
FSSp

Very slow across the ice. All jumps very small and UR

SP: 18.96+17.34 = 36.30, in 2nd (out of 2)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Veronik MALLET (CAN)

Music: Papillon by Rolf Lovland (Secret Garden)

Pink/salmon open back dress w/ silver and blue crystals

3Lo+2T - solid
3F
FSSp
2A - SE entry, nice
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

Lovely skate, should put her in 1st for some time.

SP: 30.63+24.45 = 55.08, in 1st (out of 3)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
So Youn PARK (KOR)

Music: The Swan

White strapless dress w/ black and silver "feather" detailing at neckline

3S+3T - both hands down, maybe 3T<
3Lz - nice
LSp
2A
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp - nice

Shame about the combo, but all the other elements were solid

SP: 31.82+24.09 = 55.91 (PB), in 1st (out of 4)