Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP - 2014 4CC

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU2MDI2Mjk2.html

Zijun Li landing 3F+3T and 2A+3T in practice (not 4CC, but her own training rink) around New Year's day.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    So does anyone know more about Kanako's injury/boot problem? Isn't she on the Olympic Team? It makes me wonder why she would compete here. I guess I'm confused... could someone enlighten me?!
    It's been reported that she's competing to earn world ranking points because it affects SP start order for the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    Zijun, Mirai and Kanako

Perfect top 3. I love them allll whahahaahah.

The result would be like that anyway if they skate clean but Satako might ruin my dream top 3
    That is my dream podium I will be so happy if that happens but I'm so nervous because they all have to skate clean and then there's Satako as you mentioned and Cesario but fingers crossed!

Custom Title
    Thanks, burntBread. I need to learn more what google can do. Had no idea. lol

Custom Title
    The stadium looks so empty and Taipei is a very populated city-- does it mean figure skating does not have many fans there? No wonder there is no practice reports whatsoever. I mean before the ladies SP starts, we don't have any information about the lady skaters' practice.

Custom Title
    The practice reports are open only to the press.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc...meSchedule.pdf
    So, If I can still do math, Mirai skates at 11:41 PST tonight?
    Sorry, Icenetwork says the short ladies are at 4:15 EST which would be 1:15 am PST

Custom Title
    ^alas I think we're looking at 3:40 am for Mirai's skate if you're on the pacific coast.

Custom Title
    folks on the east coast are better off going to sleep now and waking up for the final flight of ladies if that's what they want to see the most.

rosewood from FSU kindly provided these practice reports (via a user's twitter):

Tuesday reports by the same twitter user:
    https://twitter.com/ppsk8/status/425690070264201216

Tuesday morning ladies' practice

Kanako's LP runthrough: She nailed beautiful 3T-3T and 3Lz, didn't go for the 3Lo since another skater was in her course. And then she landed 3Lo-2T, 3F, 2A and 3L-2Lo-2Lo. Her jumps had good flow besides the 3F. Her jumps looked solid. Especially 3T-3T was huge and also had good flow so it seems she can expect good GOE for it. After the runghrough, she practiced the footworks in the short program. She looked very calm and in good shape all in all.

Satoko's SP runthrough: She was in her short program dress. She put her hands down on the opening 3Lz but managed to add the second jump to it. 3F and 2A had flow, those jumps looked good enough to receive plus GOE. She did footsteps cautiously. After the runthrough she did 2A-3Ts, the combo looked solid. Her jumps looked solid in yesterday/today's practices.

Haruka's LP runthrough: She did the runthrough in good speed, she went for single rotation jumps. After the runthrough she practiced 2A-3Ts and all of them were clean.

http://pigeon-post.net/events/2014Fo...ates.html#22_4

Wednesday afternoon ladies practice

Mirai's SP runthrough: She nailed 3T-3T, 3Lo and 2A. all clean. After the runthrough she did 3Lzs.

Courtney's LP runthrough: She landed 3F-2T, skipped some elements, did inna baure into 3Lz and 3F. After the runthrough she landed many 3F-3Ts. Her skating was powerful and also had good speed. Her jumps looked huge.

Samantha's LP runthrough: She skipped jumps, did spins and footworks. After the runthrough she did 3Lo-3Los, the rotation looked OK, she nailed about a half of them.

So it sounds like all the ladies' practices went well. Can't wait for the competition!

Rinkside
    Thanks for the practice report!

Glad to know the practices went so well, and best of luck to Mirai, Samantha and Courtney.

Ugh. None of the live streams are working for me now! :/ I hope I can find something before the ladies hit the ice later on.

eta: Ok, they're showing Ice Dancing here: http://tv-online.in/videoland-sports...82%B2%E5%8F%B0

It's choppy. buffering like crazy but better than nothing.

What we figure skating fans have been reduced to. Ah, the good old days of ESPN....

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha'sspins View Post
    rosewood from fsu kindly provided these practice reports (via a user's twitter):

Tuesday reports by the same twitter user:
    https://twitter.com/ppsk8/status/425690070264201216

tuesday morning ladies' practice

kanako's lp runthrough: She nailed beautiful 3t-3t and 3lz, didn't go for the 3lo since another skater was in her course. And then she landed 3lo-2t, 3f, 2a and 3l-2lo-2lo. Her jumps had good flow besides the 3f. Her jumps looked solid. Especially 3t-3t was huge and also had good flow so it seems she can expect good goe for it. After the runghrough, she practiced the footworks in the short program. She looked very calm and in good shape all in all.

Satoko's sp runthrough: She was in her short program dress. She put her hands down on the opening 3lz but managed to add the second jump to it. 3f and 2a had flow, those jumps looked good enough to receive plus goe. She did footsteps cautiously. After the runthrough she did 2a-3ts, the combo looked solid. Her jumps looked solid in yesterday/today's practices.

Haruka's lp runthrough: She did the runthrough in good speed, she went for single rotation jumps. After the runthrough she practiced 2a-3ts and all of them were clean.

http://pigeon-post.net/events/2014fo...ates.html#22_4

wednesday afternoon ladies practice

mirai's sp runthrough: She nailed 3t-3t, 3lo and 2a. All clean. After the runthrough she did 3lzs.

Courtney's lp runthrough: She landed 3f-2t, skipped some elements, did inna baure into 3lz and 3f. After the runthrough she landed many 3f-3ts. Her skating was powerful and also had good speed. Her jumps looked huge.

Samantha's lp runthrough: She skipped jumps, did spins and footworks. After the runthrough she did 3lo-3los, the rotation looked ok, she nailed about a half of them.

So it sounds like all the ladies' practices went well. Can't wait for the competition!
    thank you so much!!!!!!

My pleasure!

Ot, I've held out for years but I think I'm finally going to break down and subscribe to Ice Network. These choppy feeds that keep freezing just won't do.

Back ot, it's 3:25Am in my neck of the woods. I hope I can hang long enough for Mirai, Courtney, Sam, and all the penultimate, final group ladies!! The best skaters are in those flights!

Now they're showing some kind of pool event. I hope they go back for the ladie's event!

Custom Title
    Go Brooklee!!!!!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast