Ladies SP - 2014 4CC | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 4CC

zamboni step

Final Flight
I wanted to watch skating NOT a bunch of toothless men pretending to know their own National anthem whilst miming the words......:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
zamboni step said:
Checking twitter Li Zijun did:
3F-3T
3Lz (probably edge call)
2A

All clean!!!! :D

Looking at her PCS though, the crack thing didn't work. But I can't really complain until I saw the actual skate ;)

Icey

Record Breaker
they could have skipped the intro for the hockey and shown the little skating that was left. boo

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Aand Zijun is in second! Highest TES of the competition and with 27 for her PCS, which is great considering how stingy these judges seem to be! Go Zijun! :yay:

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Zijun's in 2nd.

What's this horse poop? They're not showing Zijun's skate on the Russian feed either? Phooey.

Not the skate I hoped for for Mirai but I commend her for showing up after such a crushing blow at Nationals.

On to the FS!

zamboni step

Final Flight
Looking at her PCS though, the crack thing didn't work. But I can't really complain until I saw the actual skate ;)

To be fair I haven't seen her skate tango with convincing fire, passion and sexual oomph to date. She seems to innocent to pull it off right now, plus her power isn't the best. I'll take highest TES though. I do agree her PCS could probably have been higher, especially considering how good her TR usually are, always under-rated though. Not many noted how good they were in her Dark Eyes program.

zamboni step

Final Flight
yes, they are stingy with the pcs scores. Maybe a sign of things to come.

No way in hell will they be stingy with PCS in Sochi, the viewing levels will be through the roof and they've been upping the ante at every single competition excepting this, which is more of a competition for an also-rans of the skating Nations hoping for top 10 placements at Sochi. Aside from Kanako and Li Zijun.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
zamboni step said:
To be fair I haven't seen her skate tango with convincing fire, passion and sexual oomph to date. She seems to innocent to pull it off right now, plus her power isn't the best. I'll take highest TES though. I do agree her PCS could probably have been higher, especially considering how good her TR usually are, always under-rated though. Not many noted how good they were in her Dark Eyes program.

You're right about the tango. It's just that I think 27+ looks low considering her usually good CH and TR. Her SS aren't bad either, and she's definitly a musicial skater. I have to add though, I find her to be underscored in PCS more often than not, so maybe this is just me being just to complain about this ;)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
yes, they are stingy with the pcs scores. Maybe a sign of things to come.
Yeah, esp. when they are stingy at 4cc with the US/Asians while happily overscoring at Euros with the Russians. Maybe a sign indeed. :laugh:

zamboni step

Final Flight
You're right about the tango. It's just that I think 27+ looks low considering her usually good CH and TR. Her SS aren't bad either, and she's definitly a musicial skater. I have to add though, I find her to be underscored in PCS more often than not, so maybe this is just me being just to complain about this ;)

No I agree with you, 2013 4CC SP and FS and her FS at 2013 Worlds were undermarked. Her receiving two points less than Gracie with a performance that literally made me laugh like a drunk child and stand up and clap enthusiastically....was utterly wrong, the idea that inferior power and ice coverage could equate to that is BS. Her TR are great usually, she just needs to use fewer crossovers. Which will happen with time when she gets stronger, I think she was underscored probably but not by an outrageous amount.

A lot of the best skaters aren't here. They were at Euros.

True! People need to be slightly less sensitive to possible visions of the future, although the scores in Budapest were a little silly.