Sickly/Sensational Lessons & Practices 3/10 - 3/16 | Golden Skate

Sickly/Sensational Lessons & Practices 3/10 - 3/16

C

Cinderella On Ice

Sickly/Sensational Lessons & Practices 3/10 - 3/16

Since no one else started this thread for this week, I thought I'd jump in, even though it IS Friday already! Tell us how you've done this week, and we'll be happy to clap (maybe even a standing "O" ?) or give you a friendly kick in the butt, whichever would be most helpful!

C

Cinderella On Ice

Re: Sickly/Sensational Lessons & Practices 3/10 - 3/16

Sickly: Eeek, I've been out of town (and off ice) for 3 weeks, so yesterday I took it easy and practiced Moves in the Field for 1-1/2 hours. I just started from the beginning and worked myself up to Adult Gold Moves (which is what I'm currently trying to master). For the first 45 minutes, my attitude was bad, I couldn't find my motivation, and everything was making me a little nauseous! :x

Sensational: My mojo kicked in after 45 minutes and the rest of the session was good. Then today I skated for 1-1/2 hours and though I felt a little tired at first, my energy suddenly soared and I ran through all my Gold moves, jumps AND spins and found that I really hadn't "lost" anything. Phew! :D

Y

Yazmeen42skater

Re: Sickly/Sensational Lessons & Practices 3/10 - 3/16

Sickening: ME!!!!! My tummy bug has bloomed into a full blown respiratory infection. Ugh, ick, yuck

Scintillating: Talked with coach on Tuesday about things to improve on. Made immediate improvement in two foot spin with more concentrated outside edge on the left foot when starting it. BIG breakthrough on back edges, I'm finally postioning the free foot more properly, so they are already bigger and held longer. She also promises to put me back in the harness to get more height in my jumps and drill me on crossovers and stroking to get my speed up. Its boot camp time!!! (after she comes back from vacation!!!)

Now, I just have to get my sinuses, legs and lungs ready to skate again. Grumble...:x :(

S

SkatingFantasy

sickly/sensational

Hi Everyone,
I just got back on the ice after having acute sinusitis, seems everyone I know is getting sick. I only lost one day of skating due to being sick so that wasn't so bad.

Ok ,SICKLY: MY LOOP JUMP! It's non-existent. I can do it on the floor but not on the ice, I can two foot it on the ice but that's about it.

Sensational--well it's not all that but I'm making progress on my camel, I feel like I have more control entering the spin now, now that I using the correct arm for forward momentum, just have to stretch more and have more speed going into it so I can at least get three revs, right now I only have two. This spin is going to be so fun once I get it, I can't wait!

S

sk8er1964

Sickly/Sensational

Sickly: Still mostly off the ice - the week of rest didn't help. Can't jump. No lesson this week - the first one I've missed since I went on vaction last July.

Sensational: Worked on my knee bends by doing stroking and crossovers (at least that doesn't hurt). Sit spins going much lower (can spin on the left leg only). Going to the doc tomorrow to determine my Adult Nationals fate....keep your fingers crossed that he can help.

S

sk8er1964

Welcome & Congrats

Forgot to put in my last post....

Congrats on your competition, Yazmeen. Glad it went well.

Welcome back, Cinderella! It's been quiet on this forum lately.