Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Girls - 2014 JR. Russian Championships

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    Especially Pogorilaya, to think she was doing two 2A-3Ts during the JGP circuit last year is scary.
    6 2A+3T+2T in 7 last season's competitions (except JWC), +1.12, +1.1, +1.0, +0.6, +0.4 and +0.7 GOEs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Polycon View Post
    6 2A+3T+2T in 7 last season's competitions (except JWC), +1.12, +1.1, +1.0, +0.6, +0.4 and +0.7 GOEs.
    Yes, but last year she was not bailing out of them as she was this season at GP events. It may be that she has grown since then and it felt different... or she started doing something differently. A tiny mistake crept in and the consequences were huge.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    Sakhanovich may have softer upper body movement but it has less relevance to the music, and her choreography has less coherence in terms of a proper structure as well as less detail and less of a concept than Sotskova's. I also find Sotskova's lines and transitions to be better. I agree Sakhanovich has a more interesting jump layout in the short and in the free I don't find her jumping passes to be as cluster bombed as Miki's, despite the fact it's 30 seconds shorter. If we're going to talk about backs, Sakhanovich does have quite jarring posture on the landing of her jumps.

Sakhanovich deserves higher marks for SS and close to equal marks for IN. But everything else I believe Sotskova is better at right now in terms of PCS.

This is coming from someone who prefers Sakhanovich as a skater. Also, what about Proklova?
    Thanks for an interesting discussion. I might have focused too much on the negative aspects of Sotskova's skating and failed to notice anything else. I'll try to watch her again with an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Yes, but last year she was not bailing out of them as she was this season at GP events. It may be that she has grown since then and it felt different... or she started doing something differently. A tiny mistake crept in and the consequences were huge.
    It's possible the issue is mental and that she got into this kind of vicious circle where she's really worried of making a mistake again on the axel, so she's very tense and cautious approaching it and then of course mistakes happen.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8