Girls - 2014 JR. Russian Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Girls - 2014 JR. Russian Championships

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Proklova left room for Sotskova
looks like Sakhanovich will be winning the junior title with her terrible bent knees :disapp:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Is Polina Tsurskaya eligible for Jr. Worlds?

No,

Sotskova FS: 127.43 good score
I hope Sotskova wins junior nationals but its probably a long shot now
Sakahnovich will get 130+ in FS with higher PCS :disapp:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
No,

I hope Sotskova wins junior nationals but its probably a long shot now
Sakahnovich will get 130+ in FS with higher PCS :disapp:

Thank you.
To be fair, Sotskova's LP isn't that good and I would give Serafima maybe better SS mark. Other than that, I prefer Maria overall as a skater and her jump technique is way better.
So Proklova gets on the team even with a fourth place I assume, especially since she had a great Sr nationals too. She is my favorite from the current juniors :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
and Sakhanovich wins and with higher PCS of course, what a joke :laugh:
international judges would mark Sotskova higher in PCS

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so Sakhanovich and Sotskova are assured of Junior Worlds spot ?
and last spot for Elena if she can recover in time if not Proklova will sub her

Over All Scores:

1 Serafima Sakhanovich 196.78
2 Maria Sotskova 191.69
3 Alexandra Proklova 186.50
4 Evgenia Medvedeva 183.70
5 Polina Tsurskaya 179.60
6 Elizaveta Yushchenko 179.44
7 Anastasia Gubanova 173.71
8 Alsou Kayumova 168.64
9 Natalia Ogoreltseva 166.89
10 Anastasia Kolomiets 165.88
11 Victoria Bezrukova 163.24
12 Polina Drynkina 150.34
13 Valeria Mikhailova 147.55
14 Alexandra Fomina 138.39
15 Sofia Istomina 132.95
16 Anastasia Bugakova 124.90
17 Anastasia Zinkina 124.12
18 Julia Lee 110.72

Free Skate Result

1 Serafima Sakhanovich 128.96
2 Maria Sotskova 127.43
3 Alexandra Proklova 123.26
4 Evgenia Medvedeva 120.45
5 Elizaveta Yushchenko 117.91
6 Polina Tsurskaya 116.02
7 Anastasia Gubanova 114.96
8 Alsou Kayumova 112.69
9 Anastasia Kolomiets 107.51
10 Natalia Ogoreltseva 105.97
11 Victoria Bezrukova 102.15
12 Polina Drynkina 96.89
13 Valeria Mikhailova 94.05
14 Alexandra Fomina 90.31
15 Sofia Istomina 88.85
16 Anastasia Zinkina 86.04
17 Anastasia Bugakova 78.73
18 Julia Lee 65.27

Mao88

Record Breaker
so Sakhanovich and Sotskova are assured of Junior Worlds spot ?
and last spot for Elena if she can recover in time if not Proklova will sub her

What is the nature and extent of Elena Radionova's injury?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What is the nature and extent of Elena Radionova's injury?

its either ankle or leg injury
not sure how severe it is, if she cant recover in time then she may not compete
Radionova has fallen into the Junior Worlds Ladies curse I think, No lady has ever won 2 junior world titles

Mao88

Record Breaker
its either ankle or leg injury
not sure how severe it is, if she cant recover in time then she may not compete
Radionova has fallen into the Junior Worlds Ladies curse I think, No lady has ever won 2 junior world titles

Hope its not serious and she recovers soon.

Mao88

Record Breaker
GIRLS FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Serafima Sakhanovich - 196.78 Free Skate
2. Maria Sotskova - 191.69 Free Skate
3. Alexandra Proklova - 186.50 Free Skate
4. Evgenia Medvedeva - 183.70 Free Skate
5. Polina Tsurskaya - 179.60 Free Skate
6. Elizaveta Yushchenko - 179.44 Free Skate
7. Anastasia Gubanova - 173.71 Free Skate
8. Alsou Kayumova - 168.64 Free Skate
9. Natalia Ogoreltseva - 166.89 Free Skate
10. Anastasia Kolomiets - 165.88 Free Skate
11. Victoria Bezrukova - 163.24 Free Skate
12. Polina Drynkina - 150.34 Free Skate
13. Valeria Mikhailova - 147.55 Free Skate
14. Alexandra Fomina - 138.39 Free Skate
15. Sofia Istomina - 132.95 Free Skate
16. Anastasia Bugakova - 124.90
17. Anastasia Zinkina - 124.12
18. Julia Lee - 110.72

Many congratulations to Serafima - moving back into form. Turns the tables on Sotskova, who beat her in the JGPF

hanca

Record Breaker
Sakhanovich knows what is to bend her knees. In skating, it is something to be desired. Look at the Japanese skaters, how they bend. She is also a powerful skater and has a feel for music. That goes into PCS too, even if you don't like it. Sakhanovich is the one who had the highest score in international competition (over 190), so I wouldn't claim that international judgers don't like her. She had a problem at JGP, especially in her first event, because she went through a growth spur and her jumps were inconsistent, but since then she is back to her last year's form.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Thank you.
To be fair, Sotskova's LP isn't that good and I would give Serafima maybe better SS mark. Other than that, I prefer Maria overall as a skater and her jump technique is way better.
So Proklova gets on the team even with a fourth place I assume, especially since she had a great Sr nationals too. She is my favorite from the current juniors :)

I don't think Proklova will get on the team. Sotskova wasn't at Russian nationals but she beat Proklova twice here at Junior Nationals and at the JGPF. Serafina did too. I think Serafina, Maria, and Elena are the fair team.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Sakhanovich knows what is to bend her knees. In skating, it is something to be desired. Look at the Japanese skaters, how they bend. She is also a powerful skater and has a feel for music. That goes into PCS too, even if you don't like it. Sakhanovich is the one who had the highest score in international competition (over 190), so I wouldn't claim that international judgers don't like her. She had a problem at JGP, especially in her first event, because she went through a growth spur and her jumps were inconsistent, but since then she is back to her last year's form.

Sakhanovich may have the power or maturity the other junior Russian ladies don't have yet, but the rest will catch up in a short time for sure. I don't think her knee bend is the good kind of knee bend; we discussed about Satoko MIYAHARA's knee bend a while ago. To me, bending knees to make up for the lack of height in a jump is bad. Sakhanovich is not as flexible as other juniors, and she has centering problem in some of her spins. So her advantages at this point are temporary and easy to lose.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sakhanovich may have the power or maturity the other junior Russian ladies don't have yet, but the rest will catch up in a short time for sure. I don't think her knee bend is the good kind of knee bend; we discussed about Satoko MIYAHARA's knee bend a while ago. To me, bending knees to make up for the lack of height in a jump is bad. Sakhanovich is not as flexible as other juniors, and she has centering problem in some of her spins. So her advantages at this point are temporary and easy to lose.

exactly, Bent knee landings only work for those with soft knees, Sakahanovich is stiff , not that flexible and ugly jumps
her technique will give her injury in the future and will give her under rotated jumps

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
hippomoomin said:
I don't think her knee bend is the good kind of knee bend; we discussed about Satoko MIYAHARA's knee bend a while ago. To me, bending knees to make up for the lack of height in a jump is bad.

It's not even that she has to make up for the lack of heigth, but it definitly looks like Serafima needs that knee bend to save her jumps. If you compare them to Nobunari Odas f.e., his knee bend makes his landings look smooth and he carries a lot of speed out of his jumps. Serafima always seems to land very stiff and unbalanced and loses nearly all her speed. Her jump landings really are bad and I doubt she'd get much +GOE from international judges (or at least, she shouldn't).

I'm glad for Sotskova though who really deserves the Jr World team. Sad for Proklova, she's my favorite from these young girls, but even if she doesn't make the team, it's not that bad. I'd still say she has better long term potential than Shakanovich (even if she's tiiiiiiny as of now :) )

FSGMT

Record Breaker
(As expected) a great competition! I was really blown away by Sotskova, she should have won for me! Serafima is very good, yes, but the highest PCS is kind of :confused: for me. I am also very happy that proklova ended up on the podium! :love:
But, do you really think that Radionova is injuried? ;) Maybe she just wants to skip Jnationals and compete at worlds...

Slowdive

On the Ice
Um...Gubanova didn't also take part in senior pairs last December did she?
Considering her age hopefully it was a different Gubanova.

oleada

Record Breaker
Different Gubanova :)

Love everything about (single skater) Gubanova.

Overall a great competition. I really enjoyed Sotskova & Yuschenko in particular.

Country
Russia
(As expected) a great competition!
Great competitors!

This season six girls - Radionova, Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva (Russia), Karen Chen (USA) deserve JrWorlds medals more than most of medalists of past seasons. And also Polina Edmunds, who so early became Senior and lost chance to JrWorlds medal.
Amber Glenn, Satoko Miyahara (if she skates as at 4CC), Elizaveta Yushchenko also deserve JrWorlds medals.
Ten who deserve and only three medals.

I was really blown away by Sotskova, she should have won for me! Serafima is very good, yes, but the highest PCS is kind of :confused: for me. I am also very happy that proklova ended up on the podium! :love:
Me too.
Hope JrWorlds title to Sotskova.

But, do you really think that Radionova is injuried? ;) Maybe she just wants to skip Jnationals and compete at worlds...
AFAIK she has not serious injury.

At JrWorlds will be Sakhanovich, Sotskova and (Radionova or Proklova).
Radionova and Proklova have the same coach - Inna Goncharenko. And there is info that Goncharenko loves Proklova more. May be surprise for Radionova.
In Russia opinion of coach means much for Federation.