Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gold goes for the Gold

Banned

Gold goes for the Gold

America's best Hope securing Ladies Olympic Gold medal
    and One of the strong favorites/contender for the Gold medal in Sochi, Gracie Gold interviewed in Wall Street Journal

http://live.wsj.com/video/gold-goes-...C-93219758D858

Wow, she has gained confidence. Looks good.

So, Gracie thinks she will be skating the long program in the team event. I wonder if theU SFSA has already had conversations with the skaters about that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    Wow, she has gained confidence. Looks good.
    It will take a lot of luck for Gracie to medal. Even clean there are to many Ladies ahead of her at the moment. A lackluster season really hurt her chances no matter how she skates. If she can duplicate what she did at Nationals she will have something to be proud of.

Custom Title
    I think Gracie should do the LP.
    I was not digging the pearls. Seems like she borrowed them from mom.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    So, Gracie thinks she will be skating the long program in the team event. I wonder if theU SFSA has already had conversations with the skaters about that.
    Gracie is the US champion and she has the capability to score higher than Ashley, whose 3/3 is still iffy. Ashley has changed her FS and may not have the muscle memory at this point for her S&D program.

Custom Title
    IMO Gracie isn't going to medal but it is fine for her to have the podium as a goal. She will get there, if not in Sochi.

I think that because she is the National Champ, she will be able to influence USFSA to let her skate the LP, if that's what she prefers. Clearly, they now know that she is capable of skating both programs superbly.

Tripping on the Podium
    I love her :D I wish her the best, I wish her podium haha

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Haven't looked at the WSJ link at the top of this thread, but I do know this:

Somewhere on the USFS website (maybe as part of our favorite 70+ page document? ), I had seen a USFS form for Olympic team members to fill out -- to state their preferences as to whether or not to compete in the team event. For those interested in the team event, the form asked also for preferences re the SP/SD only, FS/FD only, or both.

Of course, USFS indicated only that it would take these preferences into consideration.
    Obviously, USFS did not (and could not) guarantee that it would abide by all preferences.

Seems as if Gracie is everywhere. I hope Frank is keeping her focused on training. She will need to train hard if she even thinks she can compete with the top international skaters.

Custom Title
    I agree with KwanisaLegand, Gracie seems to be everywhere - which isn't a crime, but it does raise the question of how much is she focusing on her training and how much is she focusing on her victory lap media tour?

Last I checked, here in a few weeks is the biggest competition of her career and something that she may never get to again (ask Mirai about that), maybe she should wait on the media tour till after the Olympics.

I believe that Gracie will be the highest ranking American woman at the end of the Olympics. I think she has an outside chance at a bronze at best. The Russians imo will receive home ice scoring and kept within striking distance of the podium by the time the LP starts. I am certain one of Julia or Adelina are going to join Kim and Asada on that podium. Only huge mistakes from those four would give Gracie a chance at a medal - and between her and Kostner I think that Kostner will probably get the nod. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    I believe that Gracie will be the highest ranking American woman at the end of the Olympics. I think she has an outside chance at a bronze at best. The Russians imo will receive home ice scoring and kept within striking distance of the podium by the time the LP starts. I am certain one of Julia or Adelina are going to join Kim and Asada on that podium. Only huge mistakes from those four would give Gracie a chance at a medal - and between her and Kostner I think that Kostner will probably get the nod. Jmo.
    I haven't realized that until now, the 'hometown advantage' is going to be very real in Sochi. Which may actually hurt Kim and Asada, so Kim is not a shoe in for the gold.
    Gold and Wagner will most likely be off the podium but in the top 6.

Custom Title
    Gracie is so poised and articulate. Hard to believe she is only 18. If she skates her best she will be in the mix.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast