Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gold goes for the Gold

I agree about the over hype of Gold. She's good and can land a 3/3. But as a uber Kwan fan, I mean, she doesn't give me goosebumps, she doesn't make me want to tear up when she skates. She's fine, but not spectacular. The USFSA/NBC knows she is attractive, so they are hyping her to draw more viewers to the Olympics.

Honestly, I thought she was kind of forward on the Jay Leno show when she was about to juggle and the band starting drumming and she told them to stop. I don't know, just MHO.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    I agree about the over hype of Gold. She's good and can land a 3/3. But as a uber Kwan fan, I mean, she doesn't give me goosebumps, she doesn't make me want to tear up when she skates. She's fine, but not spectacular. The USFSA/NBC knows she is attractive, so they are hyping her to draw more viewers to the Olympics.

Honestly, I thought she was kind of forward on the Jay Leno show when she was about to juggle and the band starting drumming and she told them to stop. I don't know, just MHO.
    A little OT, but I think it was more of an "Aw, shucks, stop it" moment than an "Oh my God, you're so annoying. Stop" moment. It got some laughs out of the audience, so there's that. Her skating/hype not withstanding, Gracie carried herself very well on the show, being that it was her first time in the mainstream media spotlight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post

of course an uber
    but just as some can argue Kwan had average jumps, overrated presentation ability and only good in spirals

imo, Gracie is the most well rounded US lady skater, huge 3/3 jumps, speed, power and projects her presentation
    I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the first American lady to break the 200 mark
    also being a hollywood classical beauty type doesn't hurt anyone's eyes

I project the next quad , maybe 4 or 3 Gold World medals by Gracie and shatter the previous records by Kwan
    that is how talented Gracie is, I haven't seen this much talent in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    A little OT, but I think it was more of an "Aw, shucks, stop it" moment than an "Oh my God, you're so annoying. Stop" moment. It got some laughs out of the audience, so there's that. Her skating/hype not withstanding, Gracie carried herself very well on the show, being that it was her first time in the mainstream media spotlight.
    Looking at it that way "aw shucks stop" does make sense, I didn't look at it from that angle.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    True that Wagner hasn't skated a clean FS, but she's certainly pulled in higher scores than Gold has. And she's going back to a FS that was very successful for her last season, so she should be comfortable with it. If anything, doing the FS in the team event would allow Wagner to get that extra comfort level going into the individual event. She's also been a huge player for Team USA over the past quad (and the past two seasons), and is more experienced than Gold, and might not have another chance to win an Olympic medal, so I think she deserves a guaranteed medal.
    that doesn't mean going back to a previous FS will be successful, does that mean B/S will get successful with their old FD back ? lol
    Gracie actually can score higher than Wagner, fact is Wagner is demoralized from the scandal hit US Nationals and has never skated a clean
    FS, something others brag was her so called strong point. her PCS will be tanking in Sochi too and Gracie's will be elevated

Down With It
    As good as Gold might have been at Nationals, we still don't know if/how she'll hold up under Olympic pressure.

She can get a Sochi medal IF she skates to the best of her ability, but she is a long shot. It's probably too soon to say whether Gold has truly surpassed Wagner but they've probably never been on more even ground than they are now. Gold has a higher score ceiling and is quickly closing the gap on consistency (more due to Wagner losing hers). If they both skate their best, I expect Gold to pull ahead.

Custom Title
    LOL! Does anyone else believe this? Gracie will have to contend with Julia L., Elena Radionova and whatever other Russian baby ballerinas are waiting in the wings. And Polina Edmunds, too, for that matter. If, all of a sudden, she becomes consistent, she will be a contender, but not a consistent gold medalist. She is already 18. She will probably skate for four more years and then go to college. She will be lucky to win one World Championship. I think Michelle's record is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    of course an uber
    but just as some can argue Kwan had average jumps, overrated presentation ability and only good in spirals

imo, Gracie is the most well rounded US lady skater, huge 3/3 jumps, speed, power and projects her presentation
    I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the first American lady to break the 200 mark
    also being a hollywood classical beauty type doesn't hurt anyone's eyes

I project the next quad , maybe 4 or 3 Gold World medals by Gracie and shatter the previous records by Kwan
    that is how talented Gracie is, I haven't seen this much talent in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly
    I project the next quad , maybe 4 or 3 Gold World medals by Gracie and shatter the previous records by Kwan.
    Umm, Gracie would have to win 6 world championships, not to mention 9 more U.S. championships, to "shatter" Kwan's records.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    LOL! Does anyone else believe this? Gracie will have to contend with Julia L., Elena Radionova and whatever other Russian baby ballerinas are waiting in the wings. And Polina Edmunds, too, for that matter. If, all of a sudden, she becomes consistent, she will be a contender, but not a consistent gold medalist. She is already 18. She will probably skate for four more years and then go to college. She will be lucky to win one World Championship. I think Michelle's record is safe.
    Kwan ha never scored a 200+ , Gracie can surely top that
    also Gracie has PCS and GOE advantage to most skaters
    while she may not win 6 World titles, Kwan entered the senior level at a younger age
    Gracie can still win two or more World Titles next quad

Banned
    jut saw news article of Gracie being the New American sweetheart for the Winter Olympics with Lindsay Vonn out from reinjury
    she is being touted as Gold medal contender by the media indeed

Rinkside
    Kwan ha never scored a 200+ , Gracie can surely top that
    also Gracie has PCS and GOE advantage to most skaters
    while she may not win 6 World titles, Kwan entered the senior level at a younger age
    Gracie can still win two or more World Titles next quad
    But
    Kwan skated in 6.0 code.

And which media touts Gracie as a gold medalist potential? Link please.

jut saw news article of Gracie being the New American sweetheart for the Winter Olympics with Lindsay Vonn out from reinjury
    she is being touted as Gold medal contender by the media indeed
    Poor Ashley. One bad skate at Nationals and suddenly she's not a Gold medal contender in the media like Gracie?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Poor Ashley. One bad skate at Nationals and suddenly she's not a Gold medal contender in the media like Gracie?
    it didn't start from Nationals btw, Gracie was always getting more features this season than Wagner
    you can't blame them , Gracie has a higher potential to win Gold in Sochi and she is way more marketeable than Wagner with her hollywood like beauty.
    Jay Leno, Nytimes, Wall Street, Cover Girl , Gracie has been there you name it !

Wagner's stocks just plummeted further after nationals result
    but she was never a gold medal contender like Gracie

Medalist
    it didn't start from Nationals btw, Gracie was always getting more features this season than Wagner
    you can't blame them , Gracie has a higher potential to win Gold in Sochi and she is way more marketeable than Wagner with her hollywood like beauty.
    Jay Leno, Nytimes, Wall Street, Cover Girl , Gracie has been there you name it !

Wagner's stocks just plummeted further after nationals result
    but she was never a gold medal contender like Gracie
    Uh... well American skaters are fine but I don't think that she's beautiful. Especially compared to other skaters like Elena Ilinykh or Yu Na.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by icedinn View Post
    Uh... well American skaters are fine but I don't think that she's beautiful. Especially compared to other skaters like Elena Ilinykh or Yu Na.
    because she's a Grace Kelly dead ringer anyone ?
    if Korpii is a Goddess with similar looks to GC then Gracie is actually more similar to Grace Kelly

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast