Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership

Medalist

Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership

Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership

Lang also announced that she is expecting her first child with boyfriend Vladimir Besedin.
    InsecureEdge

WOW!! This is sure a surprise.

Yes a big surprise! I wonder if Peter will be looking for a new partner.

I'm not exactly taken aback with the news of the breakup. But the news is incomplete.

Is there any skating in their future, albeit, with new partners? and when?

When is the baby due? and was that the reason for dropping out of Nats?

Peter may have dual citizenship. Will he connect with one of the Russian gals in search of a partner?

I'm sure there are more questions/

Kpe

Actually, there were rumors about this a few months ago -- I remember posting it (I posted it as pure gossip; can't believe it was actually true!). The source of those rumors -- Russiam language Artur Verner conference -- also said that Peter was going to skate professionally with Gretchuk.

I doubt Peter would go back to Russia to be eligible again -- he is not exactly young for a skater. But with a right partner, he could have a good pro career. Now that I think of it, there are a few female pro dancers left without partners now -- Anissina, Bourne. May be he could hook up with one of them.

Edited to add: I just went back to see when the rumor of Naomi's pregnancy was first posted -- it was in mid-August! Which would mean she would be due in spring.
    Last edited by Ptichka; 02-17-2004 at 06:50 PM.

I thought they were an off-ice couple as well, but obviously I was mistaken. Call me old fashioned, and I'm sure some of you would like to throw skates at me, but... do any of the female ice skaters/dancers out there believe that they should actually get MARRIED before having kids? Just a wild and crazy thought... :D :\

Custom Title
    Sad but not surprised. Anyway, as much as I loved their skating I think they were doomed to be undermarked into infinity. As far as Peter going pro, what opportuniutes are there to make a living? I thought the pro circuit was just about dead.

Well, maybe Peter and Shae-Lynn could tour together! Just a thought...

Originally posted by RealtorGal
    I thought they were an off-ice couple as well, but obviously I was mistaken. Call me old fashioned, and I'm sure some of you would like to throw skates at me, but... do any of the female ice skaters/dancers out there believe that they should actually get MARRIED before having kids? Just a wild and crazy thought... :D :\
    RG, don't you know that's boring? These are celebrities! It's good for the sport!

MM

Custom Title
    Originally posted by RealtorGal
    do any of the female ice skaters/dancers out there believe that they should actually get MARRIED before having kids? :D :\
    I have no sense of morality So I don't have a problem with unmarried people having children together.

But isn't it kind of a double standard mentioning only the female skaters? They did have some help in this.

Praying that this doesn't lead to a 10 page debate over morality and marriage.

Custom Title
    Boy=I'll sure miss them=I really liked them skating together.
    But, to me for a while when I have seen her she just didn't seem happy and had alot of injuries that didn't seem to get better either. I wish her all the best=with her little one on the way.

I hope Peter doesn't give up skating=it would be a shame. Shae and him might work =ya think=

I hope he doesn't skate with =Oksana=Pasha= (whatever she goes by now) she is not one of my favorite skaters===

cb

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    I will so miss them. But if they must split cuz of personal situations then they can go ahead and do so..

But I'm gonna cry...

Ice Angel
    It's sad to know that they broke up. Motherhood maybe is what Naomi is looking for now. There isn't any newly formed dance pair touring with SOI or COI. They only hire the couple who got title together.

Originally posted by lulu
    I have no sense of morality So I don't have a problem with unmarried people having children together.

But isn't it kind of a double standard mentioning only the female skaters? They did have some help in this.

Praying that this doesn't lead to a 10 page debate over morality and marriage.
    I mentioned the female skaters thinking of Naomi, Katia, & Oksana Grishuk. All the skating men who have had children recently (Kurt, Scott, Paul) did it the dull way... They got married first. But you're right! There was Ilia Kulik! DUH! :D

Rogue Leader
    Besedin-is he one of those acrobats with COI? His name is familiar.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast