Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
Yes, it is sad that they broke up. However, it is good to hear that Naomi will have a baby. I am happy for her in that sense! :D

jesslily

Final Flight
Naomi looked like she was pregnant at National. She was a lot fuller around her upper body. I was wondering how she could be in a shape she has never been. I don't mind too much that she had baby with the man she loves. Hope they'll get married soon.

She and Peter used to be romantically involoved, and than they were not boyfriend-and-girlfriend anymore. Sometimes this process can even make the business partenership not survive. And especially Naomi has new love right after, and a new dance team gets all the attention. And all this let them feel they don't have much future togather.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Yeah, I would rather think that if Naomi had been pregnant (I mean to a far-along degree) at Nationals that delightful polka-dot ensemble in the OD would have really shown it to full effect....:D

As for Peter -- yeah, he is a little "up there" in age to have to start all over again with a new partner, tho the prospect of him pairing up with Shae-Lynn Bourne is very intriguing and I'd pay money to see that partnership. And I can imagine Pasha, Oksana, whatever she's calling herself this week, is probably already circling around him like a vulture....:D

lavender

Record Breaker
This was one of my favorite teams and for some reason I feel for Peter. I mean I wonder what he's going to do now. He's been wanting to go to the Olympics and now has become a citizen here. I really hope he finds someone right away and be able to be good enough to go to the Olympics. I can’t help but think of Peter’s face at Nationals. I wonder if he thinks he's wasted his time.

Last edited:

nymkfan51

Medalist
lavender, ITA. I have nothing against Naomi, but I just feel badly for Peter. I really hope he can find another partner, if that's what he wants.

It's too bad though ... I thought they were a beautiful dance team.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Sorry to hear about the break-up, but baby news are always happy news, LOL.

I hope that Peter will find a new partner soon. I could see his skating style fitting well with that of Oksana G. On the other hand a partnership with Bourne might be financially a better idea, because she is a very popular NA skater.

Marjaana

Pookie

Final Flight
First, Barbie and Ken and now this! :cry:

I wish Naomi all the best but I sure feel upset for Peter. I'm sorry to think we won't be seeing them skate together any more.

I would love to see Peter and Shae-Lynn try a partnership. Please, not Gritschuk! :eek: I think she would be extremely difficult to work with.

Last edited:

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Oh man..I am so bummed. I love Naomi and Peter. :( I'm very happy for Naomi though. I'm sure she'll make a wonderful mother.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Pookie said:
I would love to see Peter and Shae-Lynn try a partnership. Please, not Gritschuk! :eek: I think she would be extremely difficult to work with.

Yes, she used to be very difficult to work with. My guess is though that since those days Oksana may have learned a thing or two.

Marjaana

Rixis

On the Ice
This is so depressing, I loved watching them skate together. It's one of the only things I don't like about skating- I will find someone/a pair I really enjoy together, but as soon as I do they'll split up/get an injury/etc and have to quit. (I just became a fan around 2 years ago and so many people have left since then it's crazy.) Sob, sob. :(

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First, Barbie and Ken and now this!
Pookie, :laugh: :laugh:

I am sorry to hear about the breakup. I really like them. I will miss seeing their programs.:cry: :cry:

Dee

Gardenkitty

Rinkside
I am also very sorry for Peter. According to an article in the Detroit Free Press, he's not sure what he's doing yet. I'm not sure how we'll he'd match up with Pasha/Oksana/??, but I definitely agree that a Peter/Shae Lynn pairing would be an extremely marketable duo (although I think with Peter's following he could probably get work no matter who he teamed up with). Plus he's trained with Shae Lynn since they were both coached by Nikolai so they probably know each other's work style.

Of course if he decides to stay eligible, I'm not sure who would be available.

http://www.freep.com/sports/othersports/line18_20040218.htm

clairecloutier

Final Flight
If Peter stays eligible, maybe he could team up with Jamie Silverstein?? I don't know if she's still interested in skating eligible (or even if it's medically safe for her, what with her alleged eating disorder). But if she were interested, why not give it a try? She's hugely talented and so is Peter.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
eyria said:
If Peter stays eligible, maybe he could team up with Jamie Silverstein?? I don't know if she's still interested in skating eligible (or even if it's medically safe for her, what with her alleged eating disorder). But if she were interested, why not give it a try? She's hugely talented and so is Peter.

Oh, my gosh! I was JUST about to post this suggestion! :)

jesslily

Final Flight
I was thinking about it too. Both Jamie and Peter are very talented and there are some facial and body type similarity between them. So when they dance together it should have some harmony. They could be very outstanding dance pair.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Ice dancing isn't my favorite discipline, but I did like Naomi and Peter. I don't know, from what I hear, it takes years and years for even experienced skaters to gel and form a partnership. It took John and Kyoko a long time to skate as "one".......I guess he could go the "coaching" route..........he has the experience and would have a lot to offer to up and coming skaters.........42

Smiley0884

Rinkside
Peter is a foot taller than Jamie. That wouldn't be an ideal pair because Peter would have to bend over just to do the dance holds, and that would create an akward line and posture.

lulu

Final Flight
If Peter does want to continue to skate, it might be best for him to skate professionally. Off the top of my head I can't think of any eligible female ice dancer(without a partner) at his level. Working with a new partner takes time, even if the skill level and style are similar.

If he wants to go pro he could skate with Shae-Lynn or Oksana G(now that would be interesting to see Oksana back on the ice:p )

Good luck in whatever he decides to do!