Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership | Golden Skate

Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership

I'm not exactly taken aback with the news of the breakup. But the news is incomplete.

Is there any skating in their future, albeit, with new partners? and when?

When is the baby due? and was that the reason for dropping out of Nats?

Peter may have dual citizenship. Will he connect with one of the Russian gals in search of a partner?

I'm sure there are more questions/

Kpe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Actually, there were rumors about this a few months ago -- I remember posting it (I posted it as pure gossip; can't believe it was actually true!). The source of those rumors -- Russiam language Artur Verner conference -- also said that Peter was going to skate professionally with Gretchuk.

I doubt Peter would go back to Russia to be eligible again -- he is not exactly young for a skater. But with a right partner, he could have a good pro career. Now that I think of it, there are a few female pro dancers left without partners now -- Anissina, Bourne. May be he could hook up with one of them.

Edited to add: I just went back to see when the rumor of Naomi's pregnancy was first posted -- it was in mid-August! Which would mean she would be due in spring.

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I thought they were an off-ice couple as well, but obviously I was mistaken. Call me old fashioned, and I'm sure some of you would like to throw skates at me, but... do any of the female ice skaters/dancers out there believe that they should actually get MARRIED before having kids? Just a wild and crazy thought... :D :\

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sad but not surprised. Anyway, as much as I loved their skating I think they were doomed to be undermarked into infinity. As far as Peter going pro, what opportuniutes are there to make a living? I thought the pro circuit was just about dead.

RealtorGal said:
I thought they were an off-ice couple as well, but obviously I was mistaken. Call me old fashioned, and I'm sure some of you would like to throw skates at me, but... do any of the female ice skaters/dancers out there believe that they should actually get MARRIED before having kids? Just a wild and crazy thought... :D :\
RG, don't you know that's boring? These are celebrities! It's good for the sport!

MM

lulu

Final Flight
RealtorGal said:
do any of the female ice skaters/dancers out there believe that they should actually get MARRIED before having kids? :D :\

I have no sense of morality;) So I don't have a problem with unmarried people having children together.

But isn't it kind of a double standard mentioning only the female skaters? They did have some help in this. ;)

Praying that this doesn't lead to a 10 page debate over morality and marriage.:p

CB1AB2

Medalist
Boy=I'll sure miss them=I really liked them skating together.
But, to me for a while when I have seen her she just didn't seem happy and had alot of injuries that didn't seem to get better either. I wish her all the best=with her little one on the way.

I hope Peter doesn't give up skating=it would be a shame. Shae and him might work =ya think=

I hope he doesn't skate with =Oksana=Pasha= (whatever she goes by now) she is not one of my favorite skaters===

cb

Lotta

On the Ice
I will so miss them. But if they must split cuz of personal situations then they can go ahead and do so..

But I'm gonna cry... :cry: :cry: :cry:

jesslily

Final Flight
It's sad to know that they broke up. Motherhood maybe is what Naomi is looking for now. There isn't any newly formed dance pair touring with SOI or COI. They only hire the couple who got title together.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
lulu said:
I have no sense of morality;) So I don't have a problem with unmarried people having children together.

But isn't it kind of a double standard mentioning only the female skaters? They did have some help in this. ;)

Praying that this doesn't lead to a 10 page debate over morality and marriage.:p

:laugh: I mentioned the female skaters thinking of Naomi, Katia, & Oksana Grishuk. All the skating men who have had children recently (Kurt, Scott, Paul) did it the dull way... They got married first. But you're right! There was Ilia Kulik! DUH! :D

heyang

Record Breaker
Yep -Besedin is one of the acrobatic skaters from COI.

I'm not particularly surprised they broke up. She hadn't planned to skate this year and only the fans brought her back to skating. If she had planned to skate competitively again, she probably would have had that cyst removed. Just seems as though she decided to try skating competitively again for the fans and for Peter - not for herself. When they withdrew at Nats, she spoke a lot about being upset about letting down Peter and the fans, but the last factor was her personal disappointment.

As for Peter, I'm sure he'll be able to find a new partner. There's definitely a lack of male ice dancers. Also, Ice dancing has quite a bit of longevity. While the hydroblading moves are probably tough on the knees, overall it's not as strenous on them as jumping.

So, good luck to both in whatever they persue.

Smiley0884

Rinkside
Ptichka said:
Actually, there were rumors about this a few months ago -- I remember posting it (I posted it as pure gossip; can't believe it was actually true!). The source of those rumors -- Russiam language Artur Verner conference -- also said that Peter was going to skate professionally with Gretchuk.

I doubt Peter would go back to Russia to be eligible again -- he is not exactly young for a skater. But with a right partner, he could have a good pro career. Now that I think of it, there are a few female pro dancers left without partners now -- Anissina, Bourne. May be he could hook up with one of them.

Edited to add: I just went back to see when the rumor of Naomi's pregnancy was first posted -- it was in mid-August! Which would mean she would be due in spring.

But this doesn't really make sense. If she got pregnant in August(at the latest) she would be at least 6 or 7 months pregnant, and would have definetly been showing at nationals. It's probably some whcaked out conicidence that Verener said she was pregnant, and a few months later she really did get pregnant, but for real this time.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol! :D

Loved reading this thread.......not so much for the news about Naomi expecting (congrats btw)........but rather the responses. Always interesting to read others' POVS, morals, values, et al. As for me, I'm an amalgamation of beliefs (detest the word religion; spirituality is my word of preference), which is why I'm going to see "The Passion of Christ" on Ash Wednesday (btw loved watching Mel Gibson on Dateline last night; BRAVO!).

Peace & Love, Nadine

:love:CONGRATULATIONS, NAOMI, ON THE COMING OF YOUR FIRST BABY!:love:

MODIFIED TO ADD: Let he without sin among you, cast the first stone. - John 8:7

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I have been wondering why she didn't have that cyst removed... I could certainly understand her not wanting to undergo any kind of operation if she were pregnant.

Arwen

Rinkside
Well she didn't look pregnant at Nationals. So I think the rumor last summer was just a coincidence or a premonition. I'm wondering why Peter won't stick around and skate professionally with her in a year or so. I mean, who is he going to find for a partner on the amateur level who will be good enough to make it to Turin with?:cry: at no more L&T!