Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership

sk8m8

Final Flight
how about...

How about.... Tiffany Stiegler as a partner for Peter? When I saw her at Nats. I SWEAR I thought, "This girl should be an ice dancer" She has such "quiet skates" on the ice and since she will have to spend at least 2 years learning to skate "as one" with Bert Cording, why not put that two years to learning to ice dance? I mean the girl has Charisma with a capital "C" and she has so many lovely "dance qualities" (soft knees, good edging, dancability) I believe with hard work that she could be a GREAT asset for US competitive Ice Dance...just a thought

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Actually, Jamie Silverstein kind of bounced through my mind, too, but for some reason, then I thought -- why not Jessica Joseph??

lulu

Final Flight
Re: how about...

sk8m8 said:
How about.... Tiffany Stiegler as a partner for Peter? When I saw her at Nats. I SWEAR I thought, "This girl should be an ice dancer" She has such "quiet skates" on the ice and since she will have to spend at least 2 years learning to skate "as one" with Bert Cording, why not put that two years to learning to ice dance? I mean the girl has Charisma with a capital "C" and she has so many lovely "dance qualities" (soft knees, good edging, dancability) I believe with hard work that she could be a GREAT asset for US competitive Ice Dance...just a thought

I have heard a lot of praise for Tiffany's basic skating skills, which is the core to ice dancing. But there is still a big difference between having good basics to do pairs and singles and being able to do dance. Besides, it seems as if Tiffany is happy doing pairs and is moving up the ranks.

If Peter was to continue skating (and I'm just speculating here) it would probably be in the professional field with an elite level dancer.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love Tiffany Steigler, but it seems that she has been moving up the ranks for a long time (I think someone keeps moving the finishing line)........I think she would look great skating with Peter........now as for Peter, I could just watch him skate around the rink........he doesn't really need a partner......;) 42

Wow, this is some kind of news to me!!!
Sheesh--stay away from the forums a few days and look what you find out when you come back!!!
Well, I just wish them all good luck.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I'm just in a million depressions over this. Naomi and Peter (especially Naomi) were the only reason I watched ice dance. Its just going to be dull now.
I'm sad that thier career together had to end the way it did with the withdrawl at Nationals and everything. I wish they could have gotten that sixth title. I wish them both the best of luck though. oh and I personally hope that Peter doens't skate with Shae-Lynn Bourne. :\

Matt

On the Ice
IIRC, the commentators would always keep saying every time L&T skating about how talented a skater Peter Tchernyshev was and that he could really work out in any skating discipline (except for ladies, of course:laugh: ). So, perhaps the idea of Peter staying in the eligible rank, but in another discipline like pairs, might not be that odd. In that case, he could definitely go w/ Tiffany Steigler (heck, the US needs all the help it can get in pairs)

mariana

On the Ice
He used to be a solo skater, but he had a pretty serious hip injury that left him unable to do ice-jumps, because of that he started to practice ice dance. So I don't think he will become a pairs skater now. If he decides to continue to skater he'll do it in the ice dance discipline:\

Koroleva

On the Ice
BravesSkateFan said:
I'm just in a million depressions over this. Naomi and Peter (especially Naomi) were the only reason I watched ice dance. Its just going to be dull now.
I'm sad that thier career together had to end the way it did with the withdrawl at Nationals and everything. I wish they could have gotten that sixth title. I wish them both the best of luck though. oh and I personally hope that Peter doens't skate with Shae-Lynn Bourne. :\

ITA. :( It's just so sad and I can't get over it...

I hope that Peter doesn't skate with Shae either... :\

Arwen

Rinkside
I know I am so sad about this:cry: I wish that Peter will not skate with anyone else and will think about it and skate with Naomi again after she has the baby.

lulu

Final Flight
Since Shae is skating solo, and seems to be enjoying it. And Mariana is in France also doing solo skating. I wonder if Peter would try his hand at solo dancing? He'd do a great Solo Tango :p

ouridol

On the Ice
I think Shae and Peter would make an excellent match...:D

I am so depresed that they decided to end their partnership, but I am extremely happy for Naomi. They were an amazing couple, but if a baby is what makes Naomi happy, then I think thats the best thing. Maybe this is god for peter so now hopefully he can skate with someone more injury-free;)