Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership

Yep -Besedin is one of the acrobatic skaters from COI.

I'm not particularly surprised they broke up. She hadn't planned to skate this year and only the fans brought her back to skating. If she had planned to skate competitively again, she probably would have had that cyst removed. Just seems as though she decided to try skating competitively again for the fans and for Peter - not for herself. When they withdrew at Nats, she spoke a lot about being upset about letting down Peter and the fans, but the last factor was her personal disappointment.

As for Peter, I'm sure he'll be able to find a new partner. There's definitely a lack of male ice dancers. Also, Ice dancing has quite a bit of longevity. While the hydroblading moves are probably tough on the knees, overall it's not as strenous on them as jumping.

So, good luck to both in whatever they persue.

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by Ptichka
    Actually, there were rumors about this a few months ago -- I remember posting it (I posted it as pure gossip; can't believe it was actually true!). The source of those rumors -- Russiam language Artur Verner conference -- also said that Peter was going to skate professionally with Gretchuk.

I doubt Peter would go back to Russia to be eligible again -- he is not exactly young for a skater. But with a right partner, he could have a good pro career. Now that I think of it, there are a few female pro dancers left without partners now -- Anissina, Bourne. May be he could hook up with one of them.

Edited to add: I just went back to see when the rumor of Naomi's pregnancy was first posted -- it was in mid-August! Which would mean she would be due in spring.
    But this doesn't really make sense. If she got pregnant in August(at the latest) she would be at least 6 or 7 months pregnant, and would have definetly been showing at nationals. It's probably some whcaked out conicidence that Verener said she was pregnant, and a few months later she really did get pregnant, but for real this time.

Custom Title
    Lol! :D

Loved reading this thread.......not so much for the news about Naomi expecting (congrats btw)........but rather the responses. Always interesting to read others' POVS, morals, values, et al. As for me, I'm an amalgamation of beliefs (detest the word religion; spirituality is my word of preference), which is why I'm going to see "The Passion of Christ" on Ash Wednesday (btw loved watching Mel Gibson on Dateline last night; BRAVO!).

Peace & Love, Nadine

CONGRATULATIONS, NAOMI, ON THE COMING OF YOUR FIRST BABY!

MODIFIED TO ADD: Let he without sin among you, cast the first stone. - John 8:7
    Last edited by Nadine; 02-18-2004 at 12:23 AM.

Lightbulb

I have been wondering why she didn't have that cyst removed... I could certainly understand her not wanting to undergo any kind of operation if she were pregnant.

On the Ice
    Well she didn't look pregnant at Nationals. So I think the rumor last summer was just a coincidence or a premonition. I'm wondering why Peter won't stick around and skate professionally with her in a year or so. I mean, who is he going to find for a partner on the amateur level who will be good enough to make it to Turin with? at no more L&T!

Michelle Kwan Fan
    Yes, it is sad that they broke up. However, it is good to hear that Naomi will have a baby. I am happy for her in that sense! :D

Ice Angel
    Naomi looked like she was pregnant at National. She was a lot fuller around her upper body. I was wondering how she could be in a shape she has never been. I don't mind too much that she had baby with the man she loves. Hope they'll get married soon.

She and Peter used to be romantically involoved, and than they were not boyfriend-and-girlfriend anymore. Sometimes this process can even make the business partenership not survive. And especially Naomi has new love right after, and a new dance team gets all the attention. And all this let them feel they don't have much future togather.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Yeah, I would rather think that if Naomi had been pregnant (I mean to a far-along degree) at Nationals that delightful polka-dot ensemble in the OD would have really shown it to full effect....:D

As for Peter -- yeah, he is a little "up there" in age to have to start all over again with a new partner, tho the prospect of him pairing up with Shae-Lynn Bourne is very intriguing and I'd pay money to see that partnership. And I can imagine Pasha, Oksana, whatever she's calling herself this week, is probably already circling around him like a vulture....:D

Custom Title
    This was one of my favorite teams and for some reason I feel for Peter. I mean I wonder what he's going to do now. He's been wanting to go to the Olympics and now has become a citizen here. I really hope he finds someone right away and be able to be good enough to go to the Olympics. I can’t help but think of Peter’s face at Nationals. I wonder if he thinks he's wasted his time.
    Last edited by lavender; 02-18-2004 at 01:50 PM.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    lavender, ITA. I have nothing against Naomi, but I just feel badly for Peter. I really hope he can find another partner, if that's what he wants.

It's too bad though ... I thought they were a beautiful dance team.

Custom Title
    Sorry to hear about the break-up, but baby news are always happy news, LOL.

I hope that Peter will find a new partner soon. I could see his skating style fitting well with that of Oksana G. On the other hand a partnership with Bourne might be financially a better idea, because she is a very popular NA skater.

Marjaana

First, Barbie and Ken and now this!

I wish Naomi all the best but I sure feel upset for Peter. I'm sorry to think we won't be seeing them skate together any more.

I would love to see Peter and Shae-Lynn try a partnership. Please, not Gritschuk! I think she would be extremely difficult to work with.
    Last edited by Pookie; 02-18-2004 at 10:00 AM.

Oh man..I am so bummed. I love Naomi and Peter. :( I'm very happy for Naomi though. I'm sure she'll make a wonderful mother.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Pookie
    I would love to see Peter and Shae-Lynn try a partnership. Please, not Gritschuk! I think she would be extremely difficult to work with.
    Yes, she used to be very difficult to work with. My guess is though that since those days Oksana may have learned a thing or two.

Marjaana

Zhenya looks sexiest in a dress *wink*
    This is so depressing, I loved watching them skate together. It's one of the only things I don't like about skating- I will find someone/a pair I really enjoy together, but as soon as I do they'll split up/get an injury/etc and have to quit. (I just became a fan around 2 years ago and so many people have left since then it's crazy.) Sob, sob. :(

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast