Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lang and Tchernyshev Announce End of Partnership

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    First, Barbie and Ken and now this!
    Pookie,

I am sorry to hear about the breakup. I really like them. I will miss seeing their programs.

Dee

Tripping on the Podium
    I am also very sorry for Peter. According to an article in the Detroit Free Press, he's not sure what he's doing yet. I'm not sure how we'll he'd match up with Pasha/Oksana/??, but I definitely agree that a Peter/Shae Lynn pairing would be an extremely marketable duo (although I think with Peter's following he could probably get work no matter who he teamed up with). Plus he's trained with Shae Lynn since they were both coached by Nikolai so they probably know each other's work style.

Of course if he decides to stay eligible, I'm not sure who would be available.

http://www.freep.com/sports/otherspo...8_20040218.htm

Custom Title
    If Peter stays eligible, maybe he could team up with Jamie Silverstein?? I don't know if she's still interested in skating eligible (or even if it's medically safe for her, what with her alleged eating disorder). But if she were interested, why not give it a try? She's hugely talented and so is Peter.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by eyria
    If Peter stays eligible, maybe he could team up with Jamie Silverstein?? I don't know if she's still interested in skating eligible (or even if it's medically safe for her, what with her alleged eating disorder). But if she were interested, why not give it a try? She's hugely talented and so is Peter.
    Oh, my gosh! I was JUST about to post this suggestion!

Ice Angel
    I was thinking about it too. Both Jamie and Peter are very talented and there are some facial and body type similarity between them. So when they dance together it should have some harmony. They could be very outstanding dance pair.

Ice dancing isn't my favorite discipline, but I did like Naomi and Peter. I don't know, from what I hear, it takes years and years for even experienced skaters to gel and form a partnership. It took John and Kyoko a long time to skate as "one".......I guess he could go the "coaching" route..........he has the experience and would have a lot to offer to up and coming skaters.........42

Tripping on the Podium
    Peter is a foot taller than Jamie. That wouldn't be an ideal pair because Peter would have to bend over just to do the dance holds, and that would create an akward line and posture.

Custom Title
    If Peter does want to continue to skate, it might be best for him to skate professionally. Off the top of my head I can't think of any eligible female ice dancer(without a partner) at his level. Working with a new partner takes time, even if the skill level and style are similar.

If he wants to go pro he could skate with Shae-Lynn or Oksana G(now that would be interesting to see Oksana back on the ice )

Good luck in whatever he decides to do!

On the Ice
    I volunteer to partner Peter.
    I live in Detroit--I could be right over. . .
    Oh, y'all were talking about skating

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Flora MacDonald
    I volunteer to partner Peter.
    I live in Detroit--I could be right over. . .
    Oh, y'all were talking about skating
    PML!!!

average opinionated skate fan

Lightbulb how about...

How about.... Tiffany Stiegler as a partner for Peter? When I saw her at Nats. I SWEAR I thought, "This girl should be an ice dancer" She has such "quiet skates" on the ice and since she will have to spend at least 2 years learning to skate "as one" with Bert Cording, why not put that two years to learning to ice dance? I mean the girl has Charisma with a capital "C" and she has so many lovely "dance qualities" (soft knees, good edging, dancability) I believe with hard work that she could be a GREAT asset for US competitive Ice Dance...just a thought

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Actually, Jamie Silverstein kind of bounced through my mind, too, but for some reason, then I thought -- why not Jessica Joseph??

Custom Title

Re: how about...

Originally posted by sk8m8
    How about.... Tiffany Stiegler as a partner for Peter? When I saw her at Nats. I SWEAR I thought, "This girl should be an ice dancer" She has such "quiet skates" on the ice and since she will have to spend at least 2 years learning to skate "as one" with Bert Cording, why not put that two years to learning to ice dance? I mean the girl has Charisma with a capital "C" and she has so many lovely "dance qualities" (soft knees, good edging, dancability) I believe with hard work that she could be a GREAT asset for US competitive Ice Dance...just a thought
    I have heard a lot of praise for Tiffany's basic skating skills, which is the core to ice dancing. But there is still a big difference between having good basics to do pairs and singles and being able to do dance. Besides, it seems as if Tiffany is happy doing pairs and is moving up the ranks.

If Peter was to continue skating (and I'm just speculating here) it would probably be in the professional field with an elite level dancer.

I love Tiffany Steigler, but it seems that she has been moving up the ranks for a long time (I think someone keeps moving the finishing line)........I think she would look great skating with Peter........now as for Peter, I could just watch him skate around the rink........he doesn't really need a partner...... 42

Wow, this is some kind of news to me!!!
    Sheesh--stay away from the forums a few days and look what you find out when you come back!!!
    Well, I just wish them all good luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast